Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-12-2009, 14:38   #211
Resting in Peace

Re: Area Management Calendars 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Oh, yes, they'll be there when there's a photo opportunity and it's to be hoped that it's a better photo than the one on that wretched calendar!
Well it will be, he'll have a red and white scarf on
Old 27-12-2009, 18:46   #212
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Councillor Britcliffe, as a born-and-bred Accy lad and the major representative of the borough should do the same by adopting Stanley as his second club.
Like I said before - Why?
Its only a game. Its not as though it is important.

What other games do you think our Local Councillors should be forced to support?
Old 27-12-2009, 18:55   #213
God Member

I don't think it right that we should dictate how councillors spend their leisure time
.....if it's decent and legal then it's OK
Life doesn't begin and end with football for everybody
.....and those for whom it does.....

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2009, 19:30   #214
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post

What other games do you think our Local Councillors should be forced to support?
ASFC gets national attention (now for all the right reasons) and due to the club's continuing success, it brings business to the town (all those Bradford fans have to drink somewhere!). As one of the few remaining things to be proud of in this area, I think local councillors should respect the club more and put more interest into it. We're a community club and won't be used for political gain, but it'd be nice if the people running the area showed a bit of pride in the town's most successful asset.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2009, 21:39   #215
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post

Shakey's said it all, really. Accrington Stanley is the most successful export this borough has these days. The councillors we are talking about already have an interest in football, so they're hardly being "forced" to support the game. It would be nice to see them show a little pride in their local football league club.
Old 27-12-2009, 22:04   #216
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:

Is this a Tory trait - to keep defending the indefensible with increasingly ridiculous arguments?
It is as i pointed out earlier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewb View Post
Not defending the indefensible. Have said over and over that it is a total waste of money. Am criticising both sides - have put down simple questions and arguments as to why both sides are in the wrong. Only opposition to those questions have not been attempts to answer but simply to ignore them and just agree with the criticism of the Tories.
this is how ridiculous ya are- The only people in the wrong ARE those that decided to waste "Public Money" on this. to bring other factors into this once the money is wasted is Pathetic, as ya have said "many times" on this thread ya think its a waste, yet ya have not the balls to slag yer own lot, without having a pop at the people who refused to take part in it, yer really showing yerself fer what ya are.
Old 28-12-2009, 00:09   #217
Give, give, give member

If anyone is desperate to check the quality of last years's calendar, compared to this year's, you can see the 2009 calendar in post 165 of this thread...

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...-18823-11.html

I did read a post a little further on in that thread, that quite a few residents had wrote to the Observer last January, complaining about their council taxes being spent on such useless frippery.

Looks like they've chosen to turn another blind eye to any criticism by the residents of Hyndburn, who yearly fund this extravagance.

Is the old saying, about a fool and his money being soon parted, still valid when it concerns other people's money?

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2009, 08:45   #218
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
If anyone is desperate to check the quality of last year's calendar, compared to this year's, you can see the 2009 calendar in post 165 of this thread...

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...-18823-11.html

I did read a post a little further on in that thread, that quite a few residents had wrote to the Observer last January, complaining about their council taxes being spent on such useless frippery.

Looks like they've chosen to turn another blind eye to any criticism by the residents of Hyndburn, who yearly fund this extravagance.

Is the old saying, about a fool and his money being soon parted, still valid when it concerns other people's money?
Nice to see your feeling better Rindi, so much so you've now contrived two flaming threads on the bloody calendars
Old 28-12-2009, 08:53   #219
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Nice to see your feeling better Rindi, so much so you've now contrived two flaming threads on the bloody calendars

...and if some councillors are stupid enough to produce calendars for 2011, using Hyndburn resident's taxes, there'll be three threads this time next year.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2009, 10:17   #220
God Member

I'm curious. Apparently there was no vote on the Area Management Councils, so who chose to put the calendars out?

The Area Management Councils calendars were to be paid by the Cabinet Action Fund where as Area Management Boards were expected to pay out of revenue. Why?
Old 28-12-2009, 10:29   #221

Quote:
I'm curious. Apparently there was no vote on the Area Management Councils, so who chose to put the calendars out?

The Area Management Councils calendars were to be paid by the Cabinet Action Fund where as Area Management Boards were expected to pay out of revenue. Why?
It is all part of the inner mystery of life.
claytonender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2009, 10:30   #222
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by claytonender View Post
It is all part of the inner mystery of life.
I'd have hoped you would be able to shine some line on it being a councillor..
Old 28-12-2009, 10:34   #223
God Member

If the council operated democratically(and not as a dictatorship) she probably would

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2009, 10:51   #224
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
If the council operated democratically(and not as a dictatorship) she probably would
didn't know the ruling group dictated to Labour thought that was solely down to Iatola Jones
Old 28-12-2009, 11:17   #225

Quote:
I'd have hoped you would be able to shine some line on it being a councillor..
I only know about the consultation with the West Accrington Area Management Board (as I am chair of that board). The matter was discussed at a board meeting and rejected unanimously by the board members.

Regarding the Area Management Councils - I only have the information that was passed to me about the costs and were the funding was being obtained from. i have no idea which councillors were contacted about the calendars.
claytonender is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..