Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-12-2009, 10:29   #166
Resting in Peace

Re: Area Management Calendars 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by g jones View Post
Kim is enjoying cooking and Alana I asleep after opening her presents from 8am.

With a gap and listening to the radio rather than watching the box Ive a moment to say as a passionate Hyndburnite,

I didn't post twice deliberatly John, twas accident.

And on that note: a very Merry Christmas to all. Wish you all well.
Go on then Graham seeing its Christmas I'll believe you May I just say what a nice name you gave your little one, unusual, cannot say I've heard that name before
Old 25-12-2009, 10:36   #167
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Go on then Graham seeing its Christmas I'll believe you May I just say what a nice name you gave your little one, unusual, cannot say I've heard that name before
Good will to all men!

You being nice to Graham?

Next you'll be trimming poor Tiny Tim's crutch with tinsel, and sending for the biggest turkey in the shop to be delived to the Cratchit's house.

God bless us everyone, and long may this mutual respect continue.

I've got a football, if you two want to have a knock about in no man's land.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-12-2009, 10:47   #168
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Good will to all men!

You being nice to Graham?

Next you'll be trimming poor Tiny Tim's crutch with tinsel, and sending for the biggest turkey in the shop to be delived to the Cratchit's house.

God bless us everyone, and long may this mutual respect continue.

I've got a football, if you two want to have a knock about in no man's land.

As you said tis the season of good will to all men, even Graham, but forget the football, can't make it to France
Old 25-12-2009, 12:28   #169

Quote:
As you said tis the season of good will to all men, even Graham, but forget the football, can't make it to France
At least you both support the same football team.

Merry Christmas everyone.
claytonender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-12-2009, 13:21   #170
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

This thread was boring enough before you lot mentioned football
Old 26-12-2009, 01:33   #171
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewb View Post
I am criticising both sides. Tells a lot when you still cannot answer the question given. Blind faith. Suppose it is Christmas.
the question andrew,is a non question in my book, the "Whole" point is simple, its a waste of public money, simple as that. the fact you are too slow to see it is not my fault. i would still say the same if the boot were on the other foot n labour held majority in town n they did it, summat thats well beyond you.
Old 26-12-2009, 02:41   #172
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
From a local calendar in Ossy to political sheenanigans in East London in 158 posts. I love Accyweb! Merry Christmas.
well it wern't me that started all this jack n orny was it guv?..Iim just a bloke shovin his 2 pence in!

Last edited by Mancie; 26-12-2009 at 02:46.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2009, 10:05   #173
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by claytonender View Post
At least you both support the same football team.

Merry Christmas everyone.
You mean he has something in common with PB too
Old 26-12-2009, 10:15   #174
Super Moderator

Quote:
You mean he has something in common with PB too
So, the leader of the council and the leader of the opposition, both don't support the local football club?

Disgraceful.

Thread wander? Moi?
Old 26-12-2009, 10:39   #175
Resting in Peace

Quote:
So, the leader of the council and the leader of the opposition, both don't support the local football club?

Disgraceful.

Thread wander? Moi?
Ya wander back to the Stanley section Rovers is local football club anyway
Old 26-12-2009, 10:48   #176
Super Moderator

Quote:
Ya wander back to the Stanley section Rovers is local football club anyway
It's not in the borough these councillors represent. They should be turning up regularly to support the borough's football league club. Cashy manages it and he's a Rovers fan. Why can't they?
Old 26-12-2009, 10:53   #177
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
It's not in the borough these councillors represent. They should be turning up regularly to support the borough's football league club.
Why should they?

You can hardly expect Local Polititions to support everything in the Borough. We have Councillors that support Burnley as well as Blackburn.
Old 26-12-2009, 11:00   #178
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Why should they?

You can hardly expect Local Polititions to support everything in the Borough. We have Councillors that support Burnley as well as Blackburn.
They should be supporting things which promote the borough nationwide (which Stanley does more than anything else) and, as they're football fans in the first place, it would hardly be an ordeal for them...and the same goes for Clare Pritchard, too.

I seem to remember PB spoutng about how people should support their local football club and how important it is to the borough. Do as I say, not as I do?
Old 26-12-2009, 11:07   #179
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
the question andrew,is a non question in my book, the "Whole" point is simple, its a waste of public money, simple as that. the fact you are too slow to see it is not my fault. i would still say the same if the boot were on the other foot n labour held majority in town n they did it, summat thats well beyond you.
Agree it's a waste. Have said that for some time cashy. You're choosing to ignore the below though which helps to illustrate my point. It's a waste of money but at least to some people it will be valuable. It's less valuable or useful to those people because it lacks some of the councillors contact details.

It is like saying which is more of a waste, the council flushing £500 down the loo, or the council giving Oswaldtwistle calendars for £500? Obviously flushing it down the loo isn't much use to anybody, the calendars will be useful to some people. Same monetary cost, but one is more wasteful than the other.

If I give you a piece of paper with some councillors contact details on but not others, and a piece of paper with all the councillors on. I produced them at roughly the same cost - which one is more useful to you?

Last edited by andrewb; 26-12-2009 at 11:09.
andrewb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2009, 11:18   #180
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewb View Post
Agree it's a waste. Have said that for some time cashy. You're choosing to ignore the below though which helps to illustrate my point. It's a waste of money but at least to some people it will be valuable. It's less valuable or useful to those people because it lacks some of the councillors contact details.

It is like saying which is more of a waste, the council flushing £500 down the loo, or the council giving Oswaldtwistle calendars for £500? Obviously flushing it down the loo isn't much use to anybody, the calendars will be useful to some people. Same monetary cost, but one is more wasteful than the other.

If I give you a piece of paper with some councillors contact details on but not others, and a piece of paper with all the councillors on. I produced them at roughly the same cost - which one is more useful to you?
What an absolutle and utter load of bull. Face it, Andrew, it's a costly exercise in self-indulgence by a bunch of people who should be looking to cut costs to the hard-pressed local taxpayer rather than increase them and no amount of convoluted arguments about flushing things down toilets will change that.

Last edited by Wynonie Harris; 26-12-2009 at 11:22.
Wynonie Harris is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..