Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree78Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-05-2013, 06:03   #76
God Member

Re: Bedroom tax - targeting the poorest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEaston View Post
You may have lost your memory as well as your marbles Less. You accused me of having no compassion at all, that's the only reason that I brought up Kiva.org as it clearly invalidates your point. Now that I have though I would encourage people to look at that site.

Need is obvious when you see it. A great many of the people you'll see in Kiva are I would classify as people in need. I don't know enough about this ladies circumstances, but I'd feel responsible if my mother killed herself and sent me a note blaming a new tax.

I can't imagine you helping anyone. No evidence of any form of assistance coming from you in this forum (although in fairness to you I can't say I've delved into years worth of archives looking for something positive or encouraging that you may have ever said).
You remind me of one those magnanimous victorian benefactors who built and financed workhouses.
They were the wealthy industrialists in their day who caused the misery which they felt so self righteous about 'relieving', by paying low wages and charging high rents.

I think that I would have to be devoid of all pride and self respect to accept your 'benevolence'.
cashman, Eric, BERNADETTE and 2 others like this.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 15-05-2013, 06:44   #77
Senior Member+

Re: Re: Bedroom tax - targeting the poorest.

I take a lil break and look at the drama I've missed.

Quote:
for something positive or encouraging that you may have ever said).
1000's of posts referring to lifting pints in the railway. He's quite positive IMHO. Just get your bottom down the railway and meet him. Share the wealth and buy him a pint!
Old 15-05-2013, 09:45   #78
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
You may have lost your memory as well as your marbles Less. You accused me of having no compassion at all, that's the only reason that I brought up Kiva.org as it clearly invalidates your point. Now that I have though I would encourage people to look at that site.

Need is obvious when you see it. A great many of the people you'll see in Kiva are I would classify as people in need. I don't know enough about this ladies circumstances, but I'd feel responsible if my mother killed herself and sent me a note blaming a new tax.

I can't imagine you helping anyone. No evidence of any form of assistance coming from you in this forum (although in fairness to you I can't say I've delved into years worth of archives looking for something positive or encouraging that you may have ever said).
You really are silly aren't you?

Or are you just attacking me in an attempt to muddy the pool?

Do you remember the topic of this thread?

So far you have shown no sympathy for the poor woman that was driven by desperation to take her own life.

You accuse me of bullying and anyone else that disagrees with you of being in some form of gang, well it isn't a gang, it is a group of individuals that find you to be a rather nasty piece of work.

Continue in your feeble attempts to insult me if you wish, that will not remove the importance of this thread, which is that our society has become so mean that it is prepared to drive the vulnerable to extreme acts of personal harm with no clear indication of humanity.

P.S. The majority of the minorities that arrive on site in a similar manner to you usually, refer to 'gangs' as a clique, they like you, were wrong the clique is like yourself one big self centred joke.

P.P.S. A cue for you to attempt some form of insult from the phrase under my avator, 'Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique'. Don't bother it's a tongue in cheek attack on minds like yours.

P.P.P.S No doubt we will have the usual thread wanders about whether it's clique or click, whichever way it's spelt you're welcome to join it anytime, you will then find you have a membership of one!
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2013, 09:56   #79
God Member

well im certainly not startying any gang teh last bloke who said do you wanna be in my gang ended up in a right load of trouble
Restless, maxthecollie and GEaston like this.

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2013, 10:47   #80

Bedroom tax - targeting the poorest.

Margaret - I don't charge high rents, I undercut most landlords.

Why do I attack you Less? Because you attacked mouse in a way that I thought was unwarranted, out of order, and disrespectful to your former profession. You are so used to the way that you act that you believe it to be normal. But then you also believe in wizards......

I've no desire to be part of any clique, and while you believe I am in a minority of one, I receive plenty of support in my points against you via PM and email. That would not be the case if you were the nice person that you profess to be, and for which I can find no evidence of.
Sunflower49 likes this.
GEaston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2013, 11:10   #81

Quote:

Why do I attack you Less? Because you attacked mouse in a way that I thought was unwarranted, out of order, and disrespectful to your former profession. You are so used to the way that you act that you believe it to be normal. But then you also believe in wizards......

I've no desire to be part of any clique, and while you believe I am in a minority of one, I receive plenty of support in my points against you via PM and email. That would not be the case if you were the nice person that you profess to be, and for which I can find no evidence of.
There you go again, using inaccuracies, what exactly do you think my former profession might be?

So you have support through PM's and emails you claim?

Could I not claim the same?

I'm not answering your supporters real or otherwise, I'm answering you.

I really don't care if you don't find me a nice person, I do care for the people that get a raw deal just because they are being used as scapegoats for the Countries woes.

Surely single people on benefits have lost far less for this Country than say, bankers have?

Yet they are being targeted as the miracle cure for our economy.

Now, will you or won't you stop trying to use me to justify your existence and actually post something worthwhile to the site rather than try to get pointers from local folk about buildings you may or may not want to purchase?

I think it time this thread went back on track, perhaps it's time the mods did some gardening and remove this petty backbiting that you seem so keen to continue?

Perhaps you would prefer it if I too made the ultimate sacrifice, just to make your nasty little world that little bit better?

Old 17-05-2013, 06:15   #82
Senior Member+

I read yesterday that the woman who walked in front of a lorry had been offered alternative housing and £2000 removal expenses. She was also receiving treatment for mental (depression) and physical problems.
Perhaps the intention to commit suicide had been there for some time. She obviously had no thoughts for the poor lorry driver or her family and friends.
It may well be that the reason for the suicide was the failure of the medical services and her family, or her existing state of mind that caused her to take this drastic action.
Old 17-05-2013, 08:02   #83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
I read yesterday that the woman who walked in front of a lorry had been offered alternative housing and £2000 removal expenses. She was also receiving treatment for mental (depression) and physical problems.
Perhaps the intention to commit suicide had been there for some time. She obviously had no thoughts for the poor lorry driver or her family and friends.
It may well be that the reason for the suicide was the failure of the medical services and her family, or her existing state of mind that caused her to take this drastic action.

There is no excuse for checking out in this way. Jumping in front of a train or lorry or bus is massively inconsiderate to the mess left behind and has serious long term impact on the innocent driver. The police have the unenviable task of scraping the remains out from under the lorry's wheels, and the drivers life if ruined. Selfish selfish selfish.
GEaston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2013, 20:09   #84

Texas Holdem Poker Champion!

Lets try to put this in some form of perspective.

You live in a house, bricks, mortar and a roof. Over the years it becomes a home. It has memories. The pencil line that you drew on your daughters third birthday, the uneven shelf your husband put up before he died. The sooty fingerprints on the loft opening left dragging the Xmas tree and presents down for the last 20 years. The flourishing Rhodedendron bush bought from the garden centre that had two leaves, the garden shed he built etc..etc..etc..

I remember when I first moved into my present home, a god awful tree from next door took away light from some plants I'd put in and chucked leaves everywhere..it was an ugly, spindly tree. Offered the 70+ lady next door to cut it down, dig out the roots and remove it. 'Oh no, my daughter put that in when she was little, it was only a twig', she said. Only a dumb tree, I thought at the time, stupid woman.

When she died, before the next person moved in, I eradicated that tree.....30 years down the line, I have a tree in my garden, it's a tree my 5 year old daughter chose 20+ years ago. It's a weeping cherry, its ugly in winter, it's pretty for about 4 days every year then its an absolute nightmare....you will cut that down after my lifeless body shuffles off this mortal coil, and then I will haunt your sorry arse forever! I have a memory of when we bought it, planted it and watered it together.

I'm fortunate, the bedroom tax doesn't matter to me financially, I'm alright Jack.....but....how many people are out there in 'homes'..NOT..'houses'. Should these people give up their 'homes' for people who are nothing more than baby factory queue jumpers to use as 'houses'

This is such a poorly thought out tax..it's unbelievable that people think that it's fair
Old 17-05-2013, 20:13   #85
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

What do you think about benefits paying peoples mortgages on a house increasing in value every year (well hopefully these days). Its sort of a taxpayer funded nest egg
Old 17-05-2013, 20:25   #86

Texas Holdem Poker Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
What do you think about benefits paying peoples mortgages on a house increasing in value every year (well hopefully these days). Its sort of a taxpayer funded nest egg
Honestly.....hadn't thought about that angle.

Maybe that's what the government think tanks should be focusing on..how do we stop people making a profit from benefits...maybe the reason they don't is that it may encroach on..how do we stop people in westminster making a profit from sitting in parliament.
Old 17-05-2013, 20:33   #87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
I thought the law had been changed several years ago could be wrong, under the impression they will only pay the interest on the mortgage now?
Old 17-05-2013, 20:38   #88
Senior Member+

I used to live next door but one to a family with no income except benefits who were looking into buying their council house. No deposit needed at the time, mortgage got approved. How can this be right? Basically, tax payers buying them a house.
gpick24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2013, 22:21   #89
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpick24 View Post
I used to live next door but one to a family with no income except benefits who were looking into buying their council house. No deposit needed at the time, mortgage got approved. How can this be right? Basically, tax payers buying them a house.
Only the interest is provided for - was that way when I worked there, so it hasn't ever helped people buy houses.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2013, 22:34   #90

Only the interest is paid, then after so long whoever provided the mortgage want the full payment or repossesed.
Alan Varrechia is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..