Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-12-2009, 11:40   #421
Give, give, give member

Re: Britcliffe monthly.

I have got to admire the blind loyalty of some people.

You read in fairy tales of people spinning straw into gold.

It must be really difficult to try and spin something, when all you've got to work with is a pile of stinking old dung.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 28-12-2009, 11:42   #422
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
I have got to admire the blind loyalty of some people.

You read in fairy tales of people spinning straw into gold.

It must be really difficult to try and spin something, when all you've got to work with is a pile of stinking old dung.
Glad you can't possibly be referring to me, given I have criticised both parties locally and nationally.
Old 28-12-2009, 11:45   #423
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewb View Post
You say you totally disagree and go on to reiterate my point. Whatever next.
We disagree because you seem to be under the illusion that it would somehow be less a waste of money if it contained all the details of councillors, and I don't.

I think it should never have been produced using tax payers money, irrespective of the details contained on it.

It isn't needed, full stop.

Old 28-12-2009, 11:48   #424
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Glad you can't possibly be referring to me, given I have criticised both parties locally and nationally.
I mentioned generic 'people', and gave no names.

Still, if you think the little pixie hat fits, so be it...

Old 28-12-2009, 11:49   #425
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Cashman, if that's directed at me, could you please refrain from being so unnecessarily insulting just because I disagree with you about politics. I say this from a personal perspective, not that of a moderator. If you're referring to Peter Britcliffe then I couldn't care less.
like i said this affair is/should be sod all to do wi political allegiance, it was only the other day ya asked me to speak straight, well i am, as fer whom i was refering too, theres n owd saying "If The Cap Fits"
Old 28-12-2009, 11:54   #426
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Seems funny that enough people think Peters is doing a good job, as he has been a councillor or St Andrews ward now since 1983 and has never come close to losing his seat and the Tories have been in control of Hyndburn for ten years, seems the blinkers are casting a shadow Rindi

...and yet the people of Hyndburn, as a whole, twice rejected him as their M.P.

Perhaps his popularity doesn't travel much further than the St. Andrew's ward boundary.

We'll see what happens for a third time, now he's declared an interest in standing yet again....if he's selected.

Old 28-12-2009, 11:54   #427
God Member

Quote:
We disagree because you seem to be under the illusion that it would somehow be less a waste of money if it contained all the details of councillors, and I don't.

I think it should never have been produced using tax payers money, irrespective of the details contained on it.

It isn't needed, full stop.
I don't think it would be less of a monetary waste no garinda, I have expressed this opinion in a number of posts in a number of threads now!

I also think it should never have been produced using tax payers money, irrespective of the details contained on it.

I also believe it isn't needed.

Lets say you decided that you no longer liked to drink wine, but didn't inform your friends, and two of them bought you a bottle of wine. One friend, Ronald, bought you a full bottle of wine. Another friend, Peter, wasn't quite as fond of you because you posted a naughty picture of him as a cyborg on a local internet forum, so got you an empty bottle of wine.

Although it's essentially a waste that the bottles have been bought, at least you can give the full bottle to somebody else who does like wine. Therefore the full bottle is more useful, or valuable.
Old 28-12-2009, 11:57   #428
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
You could cut out the Tories by placing a Labour poster in your window I'm sure your bussom buddy Graham will only be too happy to furnish you with one
Come election time I think you are going to see a few of Graham's posters in Ossy. We can always shove one through your door if you want one.
Bernard Dawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2009, 12:00   #429
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernard Dawson View Post
Come election time I think you are going to see a few of Graham's posters in Ossy. We can always shove one through your door if you want one.
nah give it to me bernard i'll hand deliver personally.
Old 28-12-2009, 12:01   #430
Give, give, give member

Quote:
I don't think it would be less of a monetary waste no garinda, I have expressed this opinion in a number of posts in a number of threads now!

I also think it should never have been produced using tax payers money, irrespective of the details contained on it.

I also believe it isn't needed.

Lets say you decided that you no longer liked to drink wine, but didn't inform your friends, and two of them bought you a bottle of wine. One friend, Ronald, bought you a full bottle of wine. Another friend, Peter, wasn't quite as fond of you because you posted a naughty picture of him as a cyborg on a local internet forum, so got you an empty bottle of wine.

Although it's essentially a waste that the bottles have been bought, at least you can give the full bottle to somebody else who does like wine. Therefore the full bottle is more useful, or valuable.
Spin, spin, spin.

No, sorry, still no gold.

Still just a pile of old dung next to your spinning wheel.

I'd give up, and go and try something else.

You could go and see Hansel and Gretel's house, and see why the Daily Telegraph listed it as being in an area with the highest council tax in the country.

Old 28-12-2009, 12:03   #431
God Member

Quote:
Spin, spin, spin.

No, sorry, still no gold.

Still just a pile of old dung next to your spinning wheel.

I'd give up, and go and try something else.

You could go and see Hansel and Gretel's house, and see why the Daily Telegraph listed it as being in an area with the highest council tax in the country.

I don't think you're being biased to Labour, I just think you're too stubborn to agree.
Old 28-12-2009, 12:08   #432
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Another friend, Peter, wasn't quite as fond of you because you posted a naughty picture of him as a cyborg on a local internet forum, so got you an empty bottle of wine.
That was actually Neil.

Don't let he facts get in the way of your rather surreal analogy though.

(Though I would check there isn't a gas leak, causing you to write such seemingly off the wall, and flowery posts.)

Old 28-12-2009, 12:11   #433
Give, give, give member

Quote:
I don't think you're being biased to Labour, I just think you're too stubborn to agree.
If I agreed, trust me, I'd say I agreed.

I'm lucky, to be in the politically unencumbered position, of being able to say exactly what I want.

Old 28-12-2009, 12:17   #434
God Member

Quote:
That was actually Neil.

Don't let he facts get in the way of your rather surreal analogy though.

(Though I would check there isn't a gas leak, causing you to write such seemingly off the wall, and flowery posts.)
This post caused me to spray tea over my laptop.

Forgive me, it was you that suggested Peter be the Halloween, October, picture on the 2006 calendar thread. Just a normal picture, no cyborg.

My analogy still stands though, and sums up why both parties have been wrong in Calendargate.

I'm happy too to say I am in the politically unencumbered position, of being able to say exactly what I want.
Old 28-12-2009, 12:19   #435
God Member

Calendargate I like that. Cant beat a corny title to bring it to the fore.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..