Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-12-2009, 12:24   #436
Give, give, give member

Re: Britcliffe monthly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewb View Post
Forgive me
You're forgiven, though do try to stay with the facts, especially when it comes to what I've posted.

As for me causing you to spray everywhere, perhaps you should keep some tisssues handy next to your computer, to mop up anymore unfortunate emissions.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 28-12-2009, 13:49   #437
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
...and yet the people of Hyndburn, as a whole, twice rejected him as their M.P.

Perhaps his popularity doesn't travel much further than the St. Andrew's ward boundary.

We'll see what happens for a third time, now he's declared an interest in standing yet again....if he's selected.

You would have to be a total optimist to think any Tory would have won Hyndburn in either 1997 or 2001. As for his popularity Maybe it should spread further than St. Andrews Ward, its evident that he has got it right over many years and the people know this, If given the choice maybe the whole Borough would benefit, but there again the Tory's have run Hyndburn for the last ten years and are doing a first class job, not my words but those of the Audit Commission, If you keep listening to Jones Dawson and that nice lady from Clayton, you'll be as daft as they are
Old 28-12-2009, 13:52   #438
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernard Dawson View Post
Come election time I think you are going to see a few of Graham's posters in Ossy. We can always shove one through your door if you want one.
I actualy use Andrex Bernard
Old 28-12-2009, 15:13   #439
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
You would have to be a total optimist to think any Tory would have won Hyndburn in either 1997 or 2001. As for his popularity Maybe it should spread further than St. Andrews Ward, its evident that he has got it right over many years and the people know this, If given the choice maybe the whole Borough would benefit, but there again the Tory's have run Hyndburn for the last ten years and are doing a first class job, not my words but those of the Audit Commission, If you keep listening to Jones Dawson and that nice lady from Clayton, you'll be as daft as they are

But the only actual proof of his popularity outside of his Oswaldtwistle ward, comes from when he stood to represent Hyndburn in the General Election, but was twice rejected.

The people of Hyndburn didn't elect him as the leader of the council, and besides a few die hard chums, he doesn't seem to have that much borough wide support evident on this forum.

Given the unpopularity of the government he's never stood a better chance than in the forthcoming election, and the party, both locally and nationally, must be very excited at the prospect of him standing a third time.

Old 28-12-2009, 15:17   #440
Resting in Peace

Quote:
But the only actual proof of his popularity outside of his Oswaldtwistle ward, comes from when he stood to represent Hyndburn in the General Election, but was twice rejected.

The people of Hyndburn didn't elect him as the leader of the council, and besides a few die hard chums, he doesn't seem to have that much borough wide support evident on this forum.

Given the unpopularity of the government he's never stood a better chance than in the forthcoming election, and the party, both locally and nationally, must be very excited at the prospect of him standing a third time.

Theres only one person not excited and thats Jones
Old 28-12-2009, 15:26   #441
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Like I said, there's never been a better time for Cllr. Britcliffe to become Peter Britcliffe M.P.

Your party must be thrilled at the certainty of the outcome....just as the people of Hyndburn must surely be too.

Old 28-12-2009, 15:35   #442
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
I guess I'm just unlucky to have had one every year, for the past three.

I think the Tories send them to you on purpose just to annoy you, I know I would
Old 28-12-2009, 15:38   #443
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Never having met him, or spoken to him, I wouldn't know, though I fear you're turning into someone as paranoid and obsessive as Corporal Jones.

Running around wildly, sticking your bayonet hither and thither, looking for a perceived enemy, and shouting 'They don't like it up 'em!'

I think it's abot time you went and sat quietly in the corner with Private Godfrey, Jonesy old boy.

Whoops, meant Jaysay.

Old 28-12-2009, 15:41   #444
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
I think the Tories send them to you on purpose just to annoy you, I know I would
I'm only annoyed that here's now only two photographs, as opposed to the twelve of Peter and you, we had the other year.

Old 28-12-2009, 15:44   #445
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
Never having met him, or spoken to him, I wouldn't know
I have met him a couple of times. I enjoyed our conversation in the Brewers very much. In fact I was hoping he was going to turn up at the last boozy session we had.
Old 28-12-2009, 15:48   #446
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
I have met him a couple of times. I enjoyed our conversation in the Brewers very much. In fact I was hoping he was going to turn up at the last boozy session we had.

Awww, perhaps you could do a calendar together?

Pushing him on the swings, running through the daffodils together, playing hide-and-seek in the bushes.

Hang on, you've already done that with Peter.

Old 28-12-2009, 15:50   #447
God Member

Quote:

Pushing him on the swings, running through the daffodils together, playing hide-and-seek in the bushes.

If he did he couldnt be accused of favouritism.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2009, 15:52   #448
Give, give, give member

Quote:

I'm just glad they got rid of the tennis courts in Rhyddings Park, because there might have been an argument about which one of you was going to be the scratcher.

Old 28-12-2009, 19:20   #449
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
I'm just glad they got rid of the tennis courts in Rhyddings Park, because there might have been an argument about which one of you was going to be the scratcher.

I do have good legs
Old 28-12-2009, 21:28   #450
Senior Member+

I believe Peter has had a letter from HQ saying he has not been accepted on the Conservative list as suitable. Don't know if he would be willing to confirm it. I don't think it fair. I think local members should decide and not Tory HQ. I am led to beleive the only local candidate is Janet Storey?
g jones is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..