Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-02-2009, 19:06   #346
Senior Member+

Re: Britcliffe monthly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
I'll hav a punt, Bernard Dawson, and if I'm right I'm very disoppinted, because having known Bernard from school days I always thought he was an upfront sort of a guy.
It's not a bad guess. What exactly have I not been upfront about? The vast majority of people on Accy Web don't use their real name,and I have no problem with that.

I joined Accy Web to join in the debate on local issues. As for as I know there are three other Councillors who post on Accy Web,all of them Labour.

I would hope jaysay that you could use your influence within the local Conservative Party to persuade Conservative Councillors to join in the debate on local issues that matter to people.
Bernard Dawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 07-02-2009, 21:30   #347
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Owen View Post
It's not a bad guess. What exactly have I not been upfront about? The vast majority of people on Accy Web don't use their real name,and I have no problem with that.

I joined Accy Web to join in the debate on local issues. As for as I know there are three other Councillors who post on Accy Web,all of them Labour.

I would hope jaysay that you could use your influence within the local Conservative Party to persuade Conservative Councillors to join in the debate on local issues that matter to people.
Why.......you are managing to spin you theories and bullshine on your own.
Defend your corner on the current situation and let Accweb members take pot shots at you.

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 23:56   #348
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royboy39 View Post
Why.......you are managing to spin you theories and bullshine on your own.
Defend your corner on the current situation and let Accweb members take pot shots at you.
I am happy to do that, but as a local councillor I am also interested in what people think we the council should be doing to improve Hyndburn.

Accy Web it seems to me provides an excellent discussion format to discuss views on how Hyndburn can be improved.

It doesn't necessarily have to be a political slanging match.
Old 08-02-2009, 00:25   #349
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
I am happy to do that, but as a local councillor I am also interested in what people think we the council should be doing to improve Hyndburn.

Accy Web it seems to me provides an excellent discussion format to discuss views on how Hyndburn can be improved.

nice one, but ya can slang a little,tell roy to get stuffed.
Old 08-02-2009, 08:56   #350
God Member

Quote:

I agree, and that's why it is a shame that Conservative Councillors don't sign up. But I think that they think they would get a barracking from the other members on here and they possibly would but equally they'd be able to get their views over. Just because someone disagrees doesn't mean that they don't respect the debate.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 08:58   #351
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle View Post
Just because someone disagrees doesn't mean that they don't respect the debate.
That is true for most of our members
Old 08-02-2009, 08:59   #352
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle View Post
I agree, and that's why it is a shame that Conservative Councillors don't sign up. But I think that they think they would get a barracking from the other members on here and they possibly would but equally they'd be able to get their views over. Just because someone disagrees doesn't mean that they don't respect the debate.
Perhaps it's because everyone's equal on here, and they'd find that too challenging.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 09:06   #353
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Perhaps it's because everyone's equal on here, and they'd find that too challenging.
I have met several Councillors and find them to be normal people just like you and I. Well if you can call us normal that is. The only people that I have noticed who don't appear to view them as equals are Council Officers
Old 08-02-2009, 09:07   #354
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Well if you can call us normal that is.
Old 08-02-2009, 09:19   #355
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
I have met several Councillors and find them to be normal people just like you and I. Well if you can call us normal that is. The only people that I have noticed who don't appear to view them as equals are Council Officers
Greg Pope manages to air his views, and join in the debate about issues we care about, without diminishing his gravitas as a serious politican.

Perhaps councillors who apparently resort to calling fellow councillors 'silly cows', don't trust themselves not to make 'vicous and vile attacks' on other members on here.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 10:06   #356
God Member

Quote:

Do you think its appropriate for councillors to anonymously write to the paper on political issues? I see no difference here. Who are you? You've admitted you're a councillor, you may as well come up with a name. Anyone is free to hide behind a username on Accringtonweb, but as a councillor arguing political issues I'd hope you would have the morals to come out with who you are.
Old 08-02-2009, 10:18   #357
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewb View Post
Do you think its appropriate for councillors to anonymously write to the paper on political issues? I see no difference here. Who are you? You've admitted you're a councillor, you may as well come up with a name. Anyone is free to hide behind a username on Accringtonweb, but as a councillor arguing political issues I'd hope you would have the morals to come out with who you are.
I'm assuming Jaysay's guess at Bernard Dawson is correct!!....Just very surprised that Bernard has moved with the times and got a Computer!!

Best Regards - Taggy
Taggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 10:30   #358
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewb View Post
do you think its appropiate to make a issue out of someone joining accyweb under a username? that seems to me typical of idealist tory tactics, deflect from the real issues of the day n dispute sod all.
Old 08-02-2009, 11:19   #359
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
do you think its appropiate to make a issue out of someone joining accyweb under a username? that seems to me typical of idealist tory tactics, deflect from the real issues of the day n dispute sod all.
That's usually Andrew's tactic - deflect the issue along with blaming Labour for doing it first and the saying the Tories are ok if they do it because Labour have done it first and try to make Labour out to be hypocrites.

Is Bernard posting under a different name much different from Andrew posting information fed to him by someone else?

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 12:40   #360
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggy View Post
I'm assuming Jaysay's guess at Bernard Dawson is correct!!....Just very surprised that Bernard has moved with the times and got a Computer!!

Best Regards - Taggy
Taggy Having a computer, and knowing out to use a computer is two different things. But you are right if I have progressed to a computer, then there is clearly hope for everybody.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..