Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-02-2011, 13:56   #31
Beacon of light

Re: Cameron on state multiculturalism.

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
I've said before, if I ws a local Mullah I'd be organising public demonstrations, showing that Islam has been hijacked by the few, as an excuse for terrorism, and political ends, and that the vast majority of British Muslims are law abiding citizens.

Nothing.
G, you are right about the muslim faith being hijacked by the extremists.......that should be enough to get the clerics blood boiling, the fact that it doesn't raise anything, not a word, an eyebrow, a response, is taken to be that the muslim clerics agree with the acts of extremism.....and until the moderate muslims speak up, then it will remain so.
It cannot be racist, xenophobic, or anti muslim to raise concerns....it is common sense. Alas, I fear it is too late....like the trojan horse, they are within the fabric of our society....and as such are difficult to track down and even more difficult to eradicate due to the daft EHR judges who will most certainly rule against any action that DC might feel is appropriate.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 05-02-2011, 14:11   #32
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
G, you are right about the muslim faith being hijacked by the extremists.......that should be enough to get the clerics blood boiling, the fact that it doesn't raise anything, not a word, an eyebrow, a response, is taken to be that the muslim clerics agree with the acts of extremism.....and until the moderate muslims speak up, then it will remain so.
It cannot be racist, xenophobic, or anti muslim to raise concerns....it is common sense. Alas, I fear it is too late....like the trojan horse, they are within the fabric of our society....and as such are difficult to track down and even more difficult to eradicate due to the daft EHR judges who will most certainly rule against any action that DC might feel is appropriate.
Of course Margaret it is common sense, but try telling some of these idiots, some of them journalist's who cry racism every time anybody opens their mouth on the subject, I have no doubt that Cameron will come in for some imminence flack by sections of the press, I just hope he sticks two fingers up to them and I don't mean in Churchilian mode either
Old 05-02-2011, 14:32   #33
Beacon of light

I am sure I have read something from the British Council of Mosques which castigates DC for his stance...citing islamophobia......but as I say, until these people stand up and denounce the extremists it has be thought that they condone what they(the extremists) are doing.
Old 05-02-2011, 14:39   #34
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
I am sure I have read something from the British Council of Mosques which castigates DC for his stance...citing islamophobia......but as I say, until these people stand up and denounce the extremists it has be thought that they condone what they(the extremists) are doing.
No doubt the BBC will be wheeling out Mr. Bungawolla or whatever he's called from the British Council of Mosques to stick his two penath in, think they have him on a retainer
Old 05-02-2011, 15:48   #35
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Funny how none of the opposition soldiers have yet commented on this?? to me its one of the reasons the election was lost.
Old 05-02-2011, 16:23   #36
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
No doubt the BBC will be wheeling out Mr. Bungawolla or whatever he's called from the British Council of Mosques to stick his two penath in, think they have him on a retainer
If you weren't such a lazy Tory you would have Googled before posting!
Mr. Bungawolla is the representative for all things African.
(less walks away muttering, "just can't get the correct racist these days, come back Enoch").
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 17:48   #37
Give, give, give member

Knowing that some politicans are masters of speaking 'untruths', lies to the rest of us, there's a fair amount of scepticism, that his words turn into action.

It might well be a lot of hot air, but the fact remains he actually said it.

It doesn't matter where that was. He'd have known it would be widely reported in the British press, which it has been.

Empty rhetoric or not, the fact remains that no leading politican, nevermind a leader, from any of the main political parties, have ever spoken publicly about these issues. Cameron did.

I'm sure lots of politicans, who've kept their traps firmly shut about this subject in the past, probably think he took an enormous risk by bringing it into the public arena, by even talking about it.

After all Cameron has a high profile Muslim in his own cabinet, Baroness Warsi. A politican happy to jump up and down demanding equality. Just as long as it fits in with her view of what being equal means. She doesn't think same sex couples should have equality, for instance, because she strongly opposes peoples' right to enter into a civil partnership, if they so wish, granting their union legal equality with that of married straight couples.

I am genuinely happy Cameron's become the first mainstream politican to talk about this subject, and at least realised it is an important issue for many people.

If it turns out to be a case of more guff, and meaningless platitudes, I'll be the first to attack him.

We'll just have to wait and see, but I'm happy the subject has at least become a newsworthy story, and therefore a public debate.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 18:31   #38
Beacon of light

It has certainly got people talking, and that is no bad thing.
I really do hope that DC has some ideas to implement, that will show he is not just 'all talk'.
Divorcing us from EU legislation would be a fine start.
Old 05-02-2011, 18:31   #39
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
As stated, it's a start.

At least someone has realised dialogue should be started about this problem.

Withdrawing state funding from organisations who perpetuate separatism, is more than talk.

Thirteen years, and three consequtive governments were quite happy with the status quo, and were too afraid to tackle the issue.
The last Tory to speak out against the excessive immigration programs which have blighted much of the country was Enoch Powel - and he was ostracised for it, notwithstanding that he spoke the truth! Cameron is very good with his wordplay, but when push comes to shove, he will undoubtedly scamper off into a dark corner with his tail between his legs.
Stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 18:35   #40
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumped View Post
The last Tory to speak out against the excessive immigration programs which have blighted much of the country was Enoch Powel - and he was ostracised for it, notwithstanding that he spoke the truth! Cameron is very good with his wordplay, but when push comes to shove, he will undoubtedly scamper off into a dark corner with his tail between his legs.
Two different issues.

Powell's speech was about immigration, this is about state aided multiculturalism.

Old 05-02-2011, 18:42   #41
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
If you weren't such a lazy Tory you would have Googled before posting!
Mr. Bungawolla is the representative for all things African.
(less walks away muttering, "just can't get the correct racist these days, come back Enoch").
The guy I'm on about as a name sumat like that and this chap is definately a spokesman for the Islamic Council
Old 05-02-2011, 18:53   #42
Beacon of light

Jonh...think you mean Inayat Banglawalla.....he is something to do with the Muslim Council for Britain....he has been on the BBC speaking on a variety of issues concerning muslims.
Old 05-02-2011, 19:09   #43
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Spot on G, the first place to start when it comes to funding is the National Lottery, which seems to like fund weird groups at the expense of charities such as the Blind Society
I agree, like the £1,850,000,000 the lottery has wasted on the 2012 Olympics.

I have recently received to letters from a lottery funding basicly saying thank you for your funding bid but we dont have enough money in the pot so you cant have any.

These were for less than £100,000 combined (can't remember the exact figures without looking) so 2 parks in Hyndburn, Rhyddings Park and Peel Park will be missing out. Its ok though, you can watch the Olympics on TV for a couple of weeks instead, well worth it
Old 05-02-2011, 19:15   #44
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
I agree, like the £1,850,000,000 the lottery has wasted on the 2012 Olympics.

I have recently received to letters from a lottery funding basicly saying thank you for your funding bid but we dont have enough money in the pot so you cant have any.

These were for less than £100,000 combined (can't remember the exact figures without looking) so 2 parks in Hyndburn, Rhyddings Park and Peel Park will be missing out. Its ok though, you can watch the Olympics on TV for a couple of weeks instead, well worth it
You need to change your name.

The White Liberal Supremacist Friends of Rhyddings Park could be holding you back.

Old 05-02-2011, 21:50   #45
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Funny how none of the opposition soldiers have yet commented on this?? to me its one of the reasons the election was lost.
I quite agree.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..