Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree77Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-02-2015, 18:47   #151
Senior Member+

Re: Cannabis

As 'this weeks studies' have shown,Cannabis can be mentally damaging to 'some' folk, which is half the reason i can't see it being legalised in the UK for anyone except the odd medical user perhaps.

"Weed" is probably the most commonly used "illicit drug" in the UK and this has bred a extremely large industry of illegal and criminal activity that could easily be curtailed by allowing regulated sales and responsible use.....its a no brainer surely

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 18-02-2015, 18:51   #152
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Well you should know about No Brains.
Old 18-02-2015, 18:54   #153
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accyexplorer View Post
its a no brainer surely
Yep, that's usually the end result.
Old 18-02-2015, 19:18   #154
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
You do love your cheap shots don't you C....probably half the reason you end up with liver failure

password--Accyweb
Old 18-02-2015, 19:29   #155
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Thats as much as yeh know dummy, me livers fine.
Old 18-02-2015, 19:45   #156
Senior Member+

Quote:
You do love your cheap shots don't you C....probably half the reason you end up with liver failure
So what's the other half, since you're wrong about the first half
Old 18-02-2015, 20:02   #157
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Well it may be cheap shots,but its n honest opinion.
Old 18-02-2015, 21:02   #158
I am Banned

Quote:
its hard for me to present a unbiased opinion on the interweb due to my personal experience with cannabis but I believe prohibition is part of the problem.
Watch Channel 4 on March 3 Sunshine, Drugs Live: Cannabis on Trial.
To quote John Snow "if many who smoke this stuff had ever seen the physical effects on the brain as displayed through the MRI scanner, they would make a more informed judgment as to what they were doing"
Most of your mind farts are trivial and amusing AccyX but as you pointed out a while ago, this is a child friendly forum. Your utterances on here are foolish, myopic and misleading.
DtheP47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2015, 22:47   #159
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
As 'this weeks studies' have shown,Cannabis can be mentally damaging to 'some' folk,
Yes indeed this week we have studied your mood and opinion changes, thank you for your time, you really have gone out of your way to show how weed can affect the afflicted.

In future we should try to ensure that only those that can hold their thoughts together will be allowed to use illegal drugs.

You can stop posting now the experiment is over.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2015, 03:10   #160
Senior Member+

Quote:
Quote:
Thats as much as yeh know dummy
Quote:
Originally Posted by DtheP47 View Post
Most of your mind farts are trivial and amusing AccyX but as you pointed out a while ago, this is a child friendly forum. Your utterances on here are foolish, myopic and misleading.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Yes indeed this week we have studied your mood and opinion changes, thank you for your time, you really have gone out of your way to show how weed can affect the afflicted.

In future we should try to ensure that only those that can hold their thoughts together will be allowed to use illegal drugs.

You can stop posting now the experiment is over.
With the greatest respect folks, you obviously don't have a clue You arrogantly assume that you know all of the variables, when in actuality your snide comments just show your bigotry .

password--Accyweb
Old 19-02-2015, 06:25   #161
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
With the greatest respect folks, you obviously don't have a clue You arrogantly assume that you know all of the variables, when in actuality your snide comments just show your bigotry .
Variables my arse, All i know is stupidity when i see it.
Old 19-02-2015, 06:41   #162
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
We have been down this road many many times...the scenery is no different.
I think your last observation is probably true......denial isn't just a river in Egypt.
Tsk tsk tsk AccyX you resurrect a thread from 2009 and add nothing to the debate. Other than a ringing endorsement you are flip flop attention seeker.
I'll hop off this thread pinching Margaret's comments and set my tvbox to record the Channel 4 programme.
Happy to hear your thoughts after then though.
DtheP47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2015, 07:13   #163
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DtheP47 View Post
Tsk tsk tsk AccyX you resurrect a thread from 2009 and add nothing to the debate. Other than a ringing endorsement you are flip flop attention seeker.
I'll hop off this thread pinching Margaret's comments and set my tvbox to record the Channel 4 programme.
Happy to hear your thoughts after then though.
I don't need to watch it in order to gain my opinion,I'm already quite knowledgable on this topic ,I will gladly chat with you or any other member after you/they've watched the programme as long as it doesn't sink into the usual bickering.
As I've already said half the problem is the prohibition of cannabis and for me the only side effect (that I'm willing to admit to) is perhaps the "munchies" .
The key,like most things in life, is moderation.

password--Accyweb
Old 19-02-2015, 10:03   #165
Beacon of light

I know I said I was done..But hey, I am female I can change my mind(about some things).
If this program was to show that cannabis was harmless and a bit of fun you would be promoting the program with great gusto. You have posted athree minute clip and deem it a whitewash because it doesn't fit in with your thoughts on this drug.

There are current trials of medical grade cannabis being undertaken in the search for a treatment for brain tumours.
It appears that the cannabis has a very active role in preventing the formation of blood vessels within a brain tumour.....and that those that are already formed are damaged by the active ingredient in cannabis.
So don't you think that this is a possibility in healthy brains too?
That this damage to blood vessels may be responsible for the change in personality of those who use this drug recreationally over long periods of time, whether in moderation or not?

As to your thoughts that legalising the drug will make it safer and control the drug dealers....that will not happen. There will always be drug dealers on the street.....there is illegal trade in booze and fags and cannabis would be no different.....People will always go for the cheapest option.
Legalising cannabis would make the drug liable to a tax of some description(can you see any government willing to allow the use of something without slapping a tax on it?)...it would also send put the message that it is safe.

Now, I truly am done......if you want more of my thoughts on this subject there are plenty of them in the archives...Go search!
DtheP47 likes this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..