Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree77Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-03-2015, 19:08   #241
God Member

Re: Cannabis

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
people can knowingly and deliberatly screw their lives up
Doesn't this come under the heading: "None of your goddam busines."? If you wish to set yourself up as moral arbiter on this issue, or any other, maybe it's time to reveal your credentials ... or get some.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-03-2015, 22:19   #242
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Doesn't this come under the heading: "None of your goddam busines."? If you wish to set yourself up as moral arbiter on this issue, or any other, maybe it's time to reveal your credentials ... or get some.
not setting myself up as moral arbiter just voicing my opinion which dosnt seem to be a problem until the opinion isnt showing sympathy for idiots

my credentials that you seek are been the son of an elderly woman who worked hard al her life now living in fear the past 10 years too scared to open a window even in summer for fear of another smackhead climbing through it and coming face to face wih her

not to worry though any smack head that gets into her house cant steal her wedding ring from her husband she lost to cancer many years ago neither can they steal family airlooms handed down from generation to generation because some filthy little wretch with a drug problem already sold them for scrap to feed his pathetic little addiction he brought upon himself

hey but screw her and many like her lets hear more about how bad these lost souls have it and shower them with understanding and compassion

you wanna take the side of a pathetic drug addict then fine but dont expect me and people who have been effected in terrible ways by these scumbags to agree with you or expect me to feel bad about my lack of compassion for these people because they deserve none
cashman and DaveinGermany like this.

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Last edited by accyman; 21-03-2015 at 22:26.
accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2015, 23:38   #243
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post

take it to extreem , become addicted , steal from anyone including vulnerable people
IMHO this statement doesn't belong in a discussion about Cannabis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post
A GP once informed me that he used to take magic mushrooms when he was at medical school.
Why after periods of absence from the site, you reappear and insist on mentioning hallucinogenic drugs... its getting old
Old 22-03-2015, 08:20   #244
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
Oh I don't know Rob, Accyman is speaking from an actual experience that was brought about by an individual whose actions were the result of his addiction. My own views on the subject are also tempered by personal experience & hence my negative views to recreational drug use.

At one time I'd of said let 'em get on with it, they're not hurting anyone, but as I've seen first hand the results of what can happen in extremes, I've become more inclined to speak against such a casual attitude.
cashman and accyman like this.
Old 22-03-2015, 09:10   #245
Senior Member+

I understand where he's coming from but cannabis does not turn people in that way. Other drugs yeah. Some people
Already have in them to do such disgusting acts

Last edited by Restless; 22-03-2015 at 09:17.
Restless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2015, 18:11   #246
Senior Member+

I forgot my musical interlude

Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2015, 19:16   #247
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
I understand where he's coming from but cannabis does not turn people in that way. Other drugs yeah. Some people
Already have in them to do such disgusting acts
I beg to differ Rob, I personally know one character who's addled through its use.
Old 23-03-2015, 07:36   #248
Senior Member+

And this character is a thief and all the rest?

Accyman jumps to the subject of smackheads and how do we get there because there is no connection between the heroin and cannabis.

Oh. Dave not to be 'in ya face' and I am talking from "actual experience" it appears that most people are completely unaware that heroin addicts are much more despised by cannabis smokers than they are any other person, especially more than those that never touch 'illegal' drugs and buy into the dogma of them being 'evil'

As you say. I beg to differ

Last edited by Restless; 23-03-2015 at 07:38.
Restless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2015, 08:07   #249
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
And this character is a thief and all the rest?

Put bluntly, yes! He's due another stretch in the nick, found guilty on the 19th. Since then he's threatened violence, to his own mother, a taxi driver who was accompanying her & two complete strangers, further more he's threatened, demanded & whined for money which his mother gave him (because of fear)

not to be 'in ya face' and I am talking from "actual experience"

I'm sure you are Rob, you've admitted to your demons in the past & how you've managed to conquer them, my respect to you for that. Your case can be held up as a shining example of determination & rehabilitation, a model to hold in esteem, but, not everyone has the will or more importantly the desire to kick their habit & better their lives & that of those involved with them.
My "Personal experience" is most certainly not on the level of yours Rob as I've not had the misfortune to be addicted to any substance or item, but, when your Brother in Law (and the reason I've taken leave to be here in Bayern now) is the sorry individual whom you're experiences & views are based on, I think I come in a close second for awareness of the problems.

Last edited by DaveinGermany; 23-03-2015 at 08:10.
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2015, 08:43   #250
Senior Member+

My problems were more with alcohol and painkillers more than anything illegal and came years later. But whos to say the anxiety I suffer now is to do with that or to do with drugs I have taken in the past. Thanks for the sentiment on that one.

I am not saying that people who smoke cannabis are all none violent pacifists, just that they do not fall into the mould that is set for them by negative press, peoples views ETC. Some people are just that way. Did your brother take other drugs
Old 23-03-2015, 09:01   #251
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Did your brother take other drugs
It's probable that he has in the past, he's been using for as long as I can remember first meeting him back in the mid 80's. His previous stretch was due to trying to sell home grown weed to an undercover copper, since then the GCP have had him on their radar, hence his last episode which he's just been punished for. Over the last 30 years he's been getting more steadily aggressive, unaccountable, unpredictable & generally degenerate, the one constant through all this that could be seen as responsible has been his use/misuse of Cannabis.

Not perfect logic I know but to my mind the "Weed" is the reason for his decline, even his Psychologist has suggested he's a lost cause & there is no chance of him getting any better.
Old 23-03-2015, 09:16   #252
Senior Member+

I have found generally those that sell drugs are seldom good people. There was one that went to prison for murder and he never took any drug including alcohol.

Its a sad story you're telling. Some are beyond all care.

As for subject of drugs in general including cannabis, I wish it would just go away from accyweb, as I often do feel the need to jump in and comment. Damn forums!
Old 23-03-2015, 09:22   #253
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
=Restless;1136840As for subject of drugs in general including cannabis, I wish it would just go away from accyweb, as I often do feel the need to jump in and comment. Damn forums!
Not going to happen Rob, as long as people hold views whether they be for or against there will remain contention on the subject ...... Life's a beach mate! You know the rest.
Old 25-03-2015, 15:28   #254
Senior Member+

Quote:

Why after periods of absence from the site, you reappear and insist on mentioning hallucinogenic drugs... its getting old
Yeh because they are linked - and cannabis can produce said effect in people anyway.
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2015, 15:31   #255
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
It's probable that he has in the past, he's been using for as long as I can remember first meeting him back in the mid 80's. His previous stretch was due to trying to sell home grown weed to an undercover copper, since then the GCP have had him on their radar, hence his last episode which he's just been punished for. Over the last 30 years he's been getting more steadily aggressive, unaccountable, unpredictable & generally degenerate, the one constant through all this that could be seen as responsible has been his use/misuse of Cannabis.

Not perfect logic I know but to my mind the "Weed" is the reason for his decline, even his Psychologist has suggested he's a lost cause & there is no chance of him getting any better.
Often people who are addicted to anything such as cannabis, red wine or hard alcohol have some kind of social problem or relative problem that causes them to be addicted.
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..