Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree77Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-03-2015, 15:53   #211
God Member

Re: Cannabis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accyexplorer View Post
No,what I'm am telling you is
You just don't get it do you ... I can't think of anyone on here who appreciates being "told" ... I know that a statement beginning like this sure rattles the [deleted] outa my cage.

This "discussion" has, in my opinion anyway, run its course. If we want to discuss the ill effects of something that gives many folks pleasure, we could always discuss bacon butties and obesity, or, better still, oral sex and throat cancer.
Less and Boeing Guy like this.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 03-03-2015, 16:16   #212
JFT96

Quote:
No,what I'm am telling you is, cannabis effects different folk in different ways and you don't need a degree in chemistry or medicine to know that....

....Come to think of it,folk did attribute the nickname Dr greenthumb to me in my younger years...Hmmm

So that's a NO then is it. Look, I have absolutely no problem if you want to take illicit substances that's up to you. However, unless you grow your own, how do you know what the purity of what you are taking, or if it has been cut with some nasty toxin?
You are directly funding organised crime by buying this stuff and maybe even helping terrorists, who knows.
so please don't come on here exhaulting the virtues of a substance you cannot vouch for with ANY scientific knowledge.

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 16:53   #213
Senior Member+

Tonight at 10pm on Channel 4 live program about Cannabis use!
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 17:05   #214

OMG! Deja vu.
Michael1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 17:18   #215
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael1954 View Post
OMG! Deja vu.
Or, as Yogi Berra said, "It's like deja vu all over again."
Michael1954 and Accyexplorer like this.
Old 03-03-2015, 17:48   #216
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
You just don't get it do you ... I can't think of anyone on here who appreciates being "told" ... I know that a statement beginning like this sure rattles the [deleted] outa my cage.

This "discussion" has, in my opinion anyway, run its course. If we want to discuss the ill effects of something that gives many folks pleasure, we could always discuss bacon butties and obesity, or, better still, oral sex and throat cancer.
I'm not trying to be patronise anyone E,it just rattles my cage when folk from across the pond "brag" about there use of a certain drug and everyone's fine with that due to the legality of it,but yet someone who uses that same drug in the uk are the next best thing to a smack head....

....rather a double standard don't you think?

I look forward to your pleasures thread,it should make a interesting read

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boeing Guy View Post
So that's a NO then is it. Look, I have absolutely no problem if you want to take illicit substances that's up to you. However, unless you grow your own, how do you know what the purity of what you are taking, or if it has been cut with some nasty toxin?
You are directly funding organised crime by buying this stuff and maybe even helping terrorists, who knows.
so please don't come on here exhaulting the virtues of a substance you cannot vouch for with ANY scientific knowledge.
The answers to your questions are in my previous comments,in short it's through personal experience,I can tell if it's been cut with crap by looking at it.
How do you know the purity of a pint in the local pub?
How do you know it's not watered down or topped up with dregs from the previous night?

Like I've mentioned previously,It's only through the legality of cannabis in the uk that keeps it in the hands of criminals (and perhaps terrorists).
That's why it should be legalised and regulated (like alcohol) to keep it as safe as possible for folk like me

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 18:05   #217
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
when folk from across the pond "brag" about there use of a certain drug and everyone's fine with that due to the legality of it,but yet someone who uses that same drug in the uk are the next best thing to a smack head....
No, those talking about it "from across the pond" mention it in passing, more of an aside than as a direct statement of intent! Which I personally find rather foolish especially within UK.

Oh & further to my post #202, the character in question has now reached new depths due to his "habit", demanding money & threatening violence & arson, nice.
Old 03-03-2015, 18:08   #218
JFT96

I don't drink beer, only Vodka and I am very picky about which brand I drink, Grey Goose mainly, and always drink it neat.
If the majority of the population wanted Cannabis to be legal, I am sure it would be.
Having said that, i see North Korea is one of the few places its legal, maybe thats why they are so mad?

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 18:29   #219
Senior Member+

Quote:
I don't drink beer, only Vodka and I am very picky about which brand I drink, Grey Goose mainly, and always drink it neat.
If the majority of the population wanted Cannabis to be legal, I am sure it would be.
Having said that, i see North Korea is one of the few places its legal, maybe thats why they are so mad?
Well I don't smoke resin,only skunk,I'm very particular about the strains too sativa's mainly however I don't smoke it neat which is probably more detrimental to my health.
Maybe it would be legal if more folk realised it not the Devils drig it's made out to be?
Here is a study from Harvard:-
Harvard: Marijuana Doesn?t Cause Schizophrenia | Psych Central News

password--Accyweb
Old 03-03-2015, 19:55   #220
God Member

Quote:
But there is a difference between "wanting" and "preferring" ... Even in BC, legalization, or decriminalization won't feature large in any political party's platform. Well, maybe the Marijuana Party of Canada ... but they have as much chance of winning as the "Save Your Throat, Don't Go Down Party." However, I strongly suspect that all mainstream political parties have figured it out, down to the last nickle, how much extra tax revenue they can raise.

It's not an issue, at least not a big one ... except for one person on here, who seems intent on doing nothing more than agitating the feces.

And now for a musical interlude:

Old 04-03-2015, 06:07   #221
Senior Member+

Now that we've got the "user" lynching out of the way.....This is for those who wish to discuss this "non issue" a bit further....

...There is a 'gateway Hypothesis',many folk believe that cannabis leads to harder drugs but,is cannabis really a "gateway drug" anymore than say alcohol or nicotine?

Surely, just because most smack heads might of tried cannabis does not mean most cannabis users will end up smack heads.

Below are a few cannabis news articles (for those who are interested):-

'Legalised weed would change lives': Meet Jacob Barrow, representing political party Cannabis Is Safer Than Alcohol in the general election - People - News - The Independent

UK should begin decriminalising drugs, say Richard Branson and Nick Clegg | Politics | The Guardian

Nick Clegg says 'Let people smoke cannabis for medical problems' | Daily Mail Online

password--Accyweb
Old 04-03-2015, 07:59   #222

We've had lengthy discussions about this previously with Kestrelx. Do we really need to go over the same old ground?
Old 04-03-2015, 08:03   #223

Search Legalise "Illegal" Drugs, read that (all 99 pages) and then decide if there is anything new to say.
Less, Eric and Barrie Yates like this.

Last edited by Michael1954; 04-03-2015 at 08:06.
Old 05-03-2015, 08:43   #224
I am Banned

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael1954 View Post
Search Legalise "Illegal" Drugs, read that (all 99 pages) and then decide if there is anything new to say.
Maybe there's a link to this new survey too

New Irish Penis Study Shows North Koreans Have Smallest | Heavy.com
Boeing Guy and Eric like this.
DtheP47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 08:52   #225
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DtheP47 View Post
I didn't even know my parents were from the Republic of Congo

password--Accyweb

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..