Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree77Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-03-2015, 17:10   #256
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!
Re: Cannabis

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post
Often people who are addicted to anything such as cannabis, red wine or hard alcohol have some kind of social problem or relative problem that causes them to be addicted.
Aye, the thing they're addicted to would probably be a good starting point KesX.
Old 27-03-2015, 16:03   #257
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Aye, the thing they're addicted to would probably be a good starting point KesX.
I don't smoke it!
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2015, 22:01   #258
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
cannabis smokers often say cannabis isn't addictive but some become dependant on it.. bleh
Old 30-03-2015, 16:27   #259
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
cannabis smokers often say cannabis isn't addictive but some become dependant on it.. bleh
Serious addictions often are caused by other problems whether alcohol or cannabis. There are many people who can smoke cannabis just at weekends as there are alcohol users who do. Likewise their are addicts of both substances who have to use it everyday. Like I said I don't smoke it.
Old 30-03-2015, 16:41   #260
God Member

Quote:
yeah these are the canabis smokers that say canabis isnt addictive then inform you they cant startthe day until they have a jont , cant relax without a joint and cant get to sleep without a joint

dosnt sound addictive at all does it

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Last edited by accyman; 30-03-2015 at 16:43.
accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2015, 16:43   #261
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
yeah these are the canabis smokers that say canabis isnt addictive then inform you they cant startthe day until they have a jont , cant relax without a joint and cant get to sleep without a joint

dosnt sound addictive at all does it
Most of these people smoke tobacco with their joints and therefore it's possible they have a tobacco addiction and don't know it
Old 30-03-2015, 16:46   #262
God Member

Quote:
Most of these people smoke tobacco with their joints and therefore it's possible they have a tobacco addiction and don't know it
iv known plenty that smoke weed and cant say any of them specificly started smoking so they could use weed so id assume most canabis smokers were already nicotine addicts before they ever had a joint

but saying that i did meet someone at a party who was sharing a joint but claimed they didnt smoke

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Old 30-03-2015, 16:47   #263
Senior Member+

I've known two that have never been smokers, one was myself.
Old 30-03-2015, 16:50   #264
God Member

perhaps joints should come with a warning that they may contain tobbacco ?

Old 30-03-2015, 16:57   #265
Senior Member+

I do know what you mean though some people seem to act like addicts, its psychological.

Well funny you say that, one guy I knew only put cannabis in the front and next to nothing in the back... Those needed that warning for sure
Old 30-03-2015, 17:03   #266
Senior Member+

Anyway. There is a difference between physical addiction and psychological dependency. Im not saying for sure that I am right that cannabis falls with the latter but it still doesn't justify likening cannabis users to smackheads.
Edit... If that's what you had done In a previous post or did I read into that wrong? Anyway I'm fed up of discussing this subject. Like Margaret P I'm done with it

Last edited by Restless; 30-03-2015 at 17:06.
Restless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2015, 17:15   #267
God Member

the guy who robbed my mums house was a heavy weed smoker and did use other drugs as well but not as fequent as he did canabis which was a daily and often thing for him which he funded by stealing

i learned a lot about the scumbag he isnt a popular person by all accounts and even stole from his family to fund his drugs

someone stealing to buy weed is no different than a smackhead in my eyes but its down to perspective i guess

Old 30-03-2015, 17:33   #268
Senior Member+

In a sense I agree. Stealing is stealing there is no difference.
Old 04-04-2015, 14:01   #269
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boeing Guy View Post
I don't drink beer, only Vodka and I am very picky about which brand I drink, Grey Goose mainly, and always drink it neat.
If the majority of the population wanted Cannabis to be legal, I am sure it would be.
Having said that, i see North Korea is one of the few places its legal, maybe thats why they are so mad?
Same if you drink neat whiskey no mixers you don't get as much hangover very little, than as if you mix with beer. Pure is better - I suppose same is with cannabis?

I don't think the majority have a lot to do with much really - the majority do what they are told, in most cases.

Problem with young people who smoke cannabis and alcohol is it seems to be cool to abuse it - get as smashed or as drunk as possible and knock yourself out. The more so the better, and the one who can take more is the coolest - this seems to be a code amongst the young.
Old 04-04-2015, 14:18   #270
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

I've tried various things but please tell me, how do you smoke alcohol?
Less is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..