Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-04-2007, 14:37   #136
Senior Member+

Re: Councillor Kazi Siddique - fir for public office

There are some allegations and they are difficult to prove. I personally would not like to be on the butt end of vicious rumour.

(Obviously not wishing to be sued .... ) There appears to be several sources of information. Each one on their own difficult to prove unless someone comes forward. A solicitor would describe the evidence as materially substantive when considered collectively. They still can't be proven and that makes Mr. Siddique an innocent person so far as the law is concerned.

The internet is really changing the way the way the world works because of it's openess. I believe this thread should be printed and sent to Mr Siddique then he is aware of the discussion and can refute what is being said.
g jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 20-04-2007, 14:44   #137

Quote:
Originally Posted by g jones View Post
The internet is really changing the way the way the world works because of it's openess. I believe this thread should be printed and sent to Mr Siddique then he is aware of the discussion and can refute what is being said.
I am glad you think like this. I have all the crap you posted in the Accrington Stanley forum just waiting to be aired come your next election campaign. Some choice quotes from you mister jones.

spinner is making all this up as he goes along. He has an axe to grind and is looking for support or at least to put doubts in your minds. for some it is working. for others it is not. mister jones ever one to use a situation to his own advantage has of course jumped on the bandwaggon.
poppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2007, 14:48   #138
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:

That must be about the most stupid thing you have said on here, to deliberately print off and send everyones comments to someone that would probably have solicitors look through the hard copy even more than when it is on the internet? Even if he doesn't know what is being said it is like putting your own neck into the Guillotine and anyone elses as well!

Please Graham, don't suggest anything so silly again.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2007, 15:34   #139
Give, give, give member

Quote:
I believe this thread should be printed and sent to Mr Siddique then he is aware of the discussion and can refute what is being said.

Wouldn't it need to be translated first, so he can read it?

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2007, 16:04   #140
Resident Waffler

Why shouldn't Mr Siddique be given the opportunity to refute the allegations? I agree that the internet in the form of message boards like this has changed the way the world works because threads like this would at one time merely have been gossip between people down the pub or in the launderette or something, drift off into the air and been forgotten but now they remain for all to read, and I mean ALL. These pages can be seen not just by the forum members but by anyone who has access to a computer. So yes, it does change the way things are because once allegations are online they become available to many more people than would overhear a conversation in the local.

If the rumours are true then Mr Siddique is an incredibly unpleasant person and not one we would want to be seen as representative of our borough.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2007, 16:05   #141
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppy View Post
I am glad you think like this. I have all the crap you posted in the Accrington Stanley forum just waiting to be aired come your next election campaign. Some choice quotes from you mister jones.

spinner is making all this up as he goes along. He has an axe to grind and is looking for support or at least to put doubts in your minds. for some it is working. for others it is not. mister jones ever one to use a situation to his own advantage has of course jumped on the bandwaggon.
The last bit is ridiculous. People want decisions to be made fairly and transparently and those elected to be accountable. II believe English and working hard for your ward are important. I have not commented on the allegations but know the one posted here and another. Without evidence they are allegations only.

OFF TOPIC ... You have blocked PM (presumedly to hide your identity) system so I will post her briefly.

Eric asked to speak to me and has spoken with me personally face to face about that thread. Someone gave him a copy of it all. He went through it point by point and asked me to respond. We had a long discussion which went well as it went along and by the end we shook hands on friendly terms. The managing director of the Council sat in and said it went very well and ended 'with bright skies'. I'd say we got on very well (when everyone predicted we wouldn't).

Eric made a generous offer that we should keep in touch. That I could go up anytime and his was an open and welcoming door. We both agreed to try to resolve any issues without it being blown up in the public. I learnt a lot about Eric and the club and what had been happening and I think Eric (and Rob) said he picked up some of our points of view. It was very positive and Eric wanted Stanley to get all the positive news they can get and avoid negativity which gave people the wrong impression.

Last edited by g jones; 20-04-2007 at 16:10.
Old 20-04-2007, 16:10   #142
Senior Member+

For clarity..

I received some other allegations from Gondola (privately) which may have been spread or been touched on the board about an individual. About grants along Blackburn Rd. I have sought to investigate all the allegations (from the last 10 years while we have used a computer database) and they are false during that period. The individual concerned was not the owner and only one grant has ever been given.

Last edited by g jones; 20-04-2007 at 16:20.
Old 20-04-2007, 17:21   #143

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post
Why shouldn't Mr Siddique be given the opportunity to refute the allegations? I agree that the internet in the form of message boards like this has changed the way the world works because threads like this would at one time merely have been gossip between people down the pub or in the launderette or something, drift off into the air and been forgotten but now they remain for all to read, and I mean ALL. These pages can be seen not just by the forum members but by anyone who has access to a computer. So yes, it does change the way things are because once allegations are online they become available to many more people than would overhear a conversation in the local.

If the rumours are true then Mr Siddique is an incredibly unpleasant person and not one we would want to be seen as representative of our borough.
Willow it is still nothing but gossip, no matter what is put on here without proof will always be gossip no matter how much you want to believe it! If we are to change things then we need proof, anyone that doesn't care about anything but themselves will continue to deny, even with the evidence in their faces.

So all this speculation without proof is just speculation, (without proof), and no-one should encourage others to do something that will create a chance for the guilty to hide behind the law.
Old 20-04-2007, 17:25   #144
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinner View Post
proof proof proof you just wanted to dominate the thread .

Just another point about spelling here, when you are replying to Rindy I think you will find you spelt proof wrong, there's no r in it
Old 20-04-2007, 17:58   #145
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Just another point about spelling here, when you are replying to Rindy I think you will find you spelt proof wrong, there's no r in it
Better gay than grey.

Old 20-04-2007, 17:59   #146
Give, give, give member

...and being bisexual, shouldn't it just be po?

Po being half a poof?

Old 20-04-2007, 18:02   #147
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Better gay than grey.
Better find myself a man then
Old 20-04-2007, 18:03   #148

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
...and being bisexual, shouldn't it just be po?

Po being half a poof?
Tsk, a thread wander again! But then, what can we expect from people like you?
Old 20-04-2007, 19:22   #149

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppy View Post

i dont know what sort of person you are but but I DONT print lies about people who i simply dislike. perhaps you should ask youself the same question as you are obviously wanting to discredit mr jones. i bet your wit the britcliff brigade. if you dont want anybody to complain about kazi than the problem is with youself.
spinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2007, 19:52   #150
Resident Waffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Willow it is still nothing but gossip, no matter what is put on here without proof will always be gossip no matter how much you want to believe it! If we are to change things then we need proof, anyone that doesn't care about anything but themselves will continue to deny, even with the evidence in their faces.

So all this speculation without proof is just speculation, (without proof), and no-one should encourage others to do something that will create a chance for the guilty to hide behind the law.

You are mis-highlighting me Less. The distinction I was making was between words spoken which float off into the air and more often than not are forgotten by the next morning and words written on a message forum which remain permanently for all to see. Both may be gossip, heresay etc but one is fleeting whereas the other is of a more permanent nature and can therefore be more damaging. I would still like to hear any evidence and any defence.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..