Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-04-2007, 20:01   #16
God Member

Re: Councillor Kazi Siddique - fir for public office

It was an accusation and given this site is not really the vehicle for the sort of accusation made then I think it was correctly deleted tp protect the site and indeed the accused until such time as it gets in to the public domain through the 'proper' channels.

My guess is that most people enjoy Accyweb as a community forum and like to discuss and form an opinion on any decisions made by official bodies, the post made took it beyond that boundary.

I also realise that I need to be quicker off the mark in copying and saving so I can make a fast buck out of deleted posts
Old 16-04-2007, 20:07   #17
Senior Member+

I also read the deleted post, & totally agree with the decision to remove it.

The views expressed here are my own & are not necessarily those of the site.
AccyJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2007, 20:13   #18
God Member

Does anyone want to enlighten me via PM about the deleted post? I am intrigued
Old 16-04-2007, 20:33   #19
Beacon of light

C'mon Cyfr......admit it.....you aren't intrigued, just nosey
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2007, 20:34   #20
Senior Member+

I have to say I know nothing and missed the deleted post. If there was an allegation of Council impropriety I would take it up if it merited it.

I want to vote for the Mayorality based on hard work, length of service and honesty. However since the late 90's when shenangans have dominated the position, it has become 'non-political' with a small p. In others words no-one is allowed to make criticisms and we all vote the same way.

I don't agree with this but Labour colleagues believe it is for the greater good that we accept the rules of one Tory one Labour in alternate years (as laid down by PB), chosen by that years party, and fully supported by the other side whatever their feelings happen to be. This way the office of Mayor is not dragged down by politics.

Kazi Siddique is down to be the next Mayor. However the selection for Mayor should have taken place as per usual in January. I suspect the Tories have held off till after the election because they can gain votes Central Ward to gain votes by word of mouth, but by not being published in the press pre-election, the Tories will not lose votes everywhere else where people would be against it in all probability.

Last edited by g jones; 16-04-2007 at 20:38.
g jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2007, 20:35   #21
Beacon of light

I missed it too. But I had a sneaking suspicion that this thread was going to be like the last one, and keep us hanging on for very little substance.
Old 16-04-2007, 20:37   #22
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
C'mon Cyfr......admit it.....you aren't intrigued, just nosey
Intrigued/Nosey.. same thing?
Old 16-04-2007, 20:43   #23
Beacon of light

Yeah...but nosey sounds more honest.
Old 16-04-2007, 21:24   #24
God Member

Finally, he's come out and actually named the person he's gunning for - shame it's got him banned. I presume he's been banned because of the potential libel. Wish I'd seen what he wrote - just out of curiosity you understand.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2007, 21:33   #25
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle View Post
Finally, he's come out and actually named the person he's gunning for - shame it's got him banned. I presume he's been banned because of the potential libel. Wish I'd seen what he wrote - just out of curiosity you understand.
Its called being nosey apparently

No PM's yet, everyones keeping silent!
Old 16-04-2007, 21:36   #26
Resident Waffler

I'm also nosey.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2007, 21:49   #27
Resting in peace

Quote:
g jones, Kazi Siddique is down to be the next Mayor. However the selection for Mayor should have taken place as per usual in January. I suspect the Tories have held off till after the election because they can gain votes Central Ward to gain votes by word of mouth, but by not being published in the press pre-election, the Tories will not lose votes everywhere else where people would be against it in all probability
Can you as you say, you have a sheep like vote, inform this forum of the said candidate for Mayors suitablity or non suitability for office? In the absence of gondola!
Ianto.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2007, 21:54   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
There was substance but it has been deleted presumably because nobody knows if it's truthful substance or rumour.

i heard about this today and the news seems to have spred across the town believe it or no. anaway in wen i cheked the post the allegations were specific and i have also heard of these allegations about siddique a few months ago. there was a lot of suspicion about this man within the asian community and from gondolas posts it was v. specific. siddique has got a nasty reutation as a well known malicious fraudster -ask anyone in the asian community. i bet gondola is right. i hope graham jones has the guts to investigate.
spinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2007, 22:04   #29
Resting in peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinner View Post
i heard about this today and the news seems to have spred across the town believe it or no. anaway in wen i cheked the post the allegations were specific and i have also heard of these allegations about siddique a few months ago. there was a lot of suspicion about this man within the asian community and from gondolas posts it was v. specific. siddique has got a nasty reutation as a well known malicious fraudster -ask anyone in the asian community. i bet gondola is right. i hope graham jones has the guts to investigate.
I doubt it spinner, thank you for your post most helpfull, come on Councillor Jones say what is common knowledge in this town, god help Hyndburn, If he prevails.
Ianto.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2007, 22:04   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianto.W. View Post
Can you as you say, you have a sheep like vote, inform this forum of the said candidate for Mayors suitablity or non suitability for office? In the absence of gondola!

oh i could tell you a few things !!! im sure graham knows a few more
spinner is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..