Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-10-2007, 13:35   #76
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Re: Easy way to stop smoking.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by slinky View Post
Oh well I won't have to offend anyone on here for saying ***** *** ***** but you know what I am thinking, so no need to type it
You can stop thinking that as well, you know I still have an injuction out against you.
Old 20-10-2007, 13:37   #77
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
You can stop thinking that as well, you know I still have an injuction out against you.

:: when did that happen??

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2007, 13:38   #78
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambutty View Post
I’ve never looked back since and continued to keep the government solvent so that it could waste my money on illegal wars and crackpot schemes.
I was doing my bit at the last meet. I sat outside with the smokers encouraging them to smoke more.
I have to keep my tax bill down some how
Old 20-10-2007, 14:30   #79
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambutty View Post
Aw! Come on Lilly!

You KNOW that is just an excuse.

If you don’t want to admit it to us then admit it to yourself.

Be honest with yourself, never mind us lot out here.
What, the bit about me enjoying having a fag? I really do though. I'm not a heavy smoker. I smoke about 10 a day and I do enjoy them. I don't smoke on the move, always when I'm sitting down with a cup of tea (or something stronger in the evening) and I really do enjoy them!

I know that they are bad for me and they cost a lot. This is why I tried to give up but I just missed them so much! I gave up for the 9 months that I was pregnant for the health reasons. I know that this was the right thing to do. According to the Allan Carr book giving up should not feel like a sacrifice but it did to me!
Old 20-10-2007, 15:02   #80
Apprentice Geriatric

Cool Re: Easy way to stop smoking.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly View Post
What, the bit about me enjoying having a fag? I really do though. I'm not a heavy smoker. I smoke about 10 a day and I do enjoy them. I don't smoke on the move, always when I'm sitting down with a cup of tea (or something stronger in the evening) and I really do enjoy them!

I know that they are bad for me and they cost a lot. This is why I tried to give up but I just missed them so much! I gave up for the 9 months that I was pregnant for the health reasons. I know that this was the right thing to do. According to the Allan Carr book giving up should not feel like a sacrifice but it did to me!
10 a day is nearly £1,000 in a year. Up to £50,000 for your retirement. Enjoy spending that instead.

Enjoy your curtains and soft furnishings not getting stained with tobacco smoke. Not just yours but from smoking friends who visit. With no smoke in your house you wouldn’t have to clean your windows as often or wipe down the woodwork and not forgetting things like the telly, hard chairs etc.

You gave up for 9 months so you can do it again without having to get pregnant. You know you can - you just need a gentle push in the right direction.

DON’T LIGHT THAT NEXT FAG.

Make a conscious effort to put it back in the packet and then look at your clock and YOU decide when you are going to light it. Come on! Five or ten minutes isn’t going to make that much difference is it? Then if you must, light it or YOU decide to wait just another five minutes.

But you will have wrested control of your smoking from a self confessed pleasurable habit to conscious effort. Do the same with each fag that you take out of the packet but extend the time.

You will be chucking them away in no time and having the pleasure of spending the money that you save. You will have replaced one pleasure with another.
Old 20-10-2007, 15:09   #81
God Member

I am hoping to have a nice glass of wine tonight, when the sprogglings have gone to bed!!
This will be the first alcohol drink since stopping smoking!! and to be honest, it is the only thing that I have feared!! BUT I know I can do it!!

Miracles do happen!!

Old 20-10-2007, 15:39   #82
God Member

Quote:
I am hoping to have a nice glass of wine tonight, when the sprogglings have gone to bed!!
This will be the first alcohol drink since stopping smoking!! and to be honest, it is the only thing that I have feared!! BUT I know I can do it!!
That was the time I found hard when I was off the fags . Sounds like you have made your mind up Slinky so it shouldn't be a problem to you. GOOD LUCK
Old 20-10-2007, 16:02   #83

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
'Fraid I am like Sarah and don't want to give up . could be the fear as you have said.
Well said Katex, at least we're two smokers alike. Don't all shout at me at once for starting again, but i did give up a few years back for just over four years then obviously started again. What i found was the amount of spare time i had especially in the mornings. I smoke outside, so for every ciggie i had i had an extra five mins. My hubbie keeps nagging me to give up, but at the moment i don't want to.

Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2007, 16:22   #84
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara View Post
Well said Katex, at least we're two smokers alike. Don't all shout at me at once for starting again, but i did give up a few years back for just over four years then obviously started again. What i found was the amount of spare time i had especially in the mornings. I smoke outside, so for every ciggie i had i had an extra five mins. My hubbie keeps nagging me to give up, but at the moment i don't want to.
4 years and you started again?? are you crazy women??

Miracles do happen!!

Old 20-10-2007, 16:57   #85

Quote:
4 years and you started again?? are you crazy women??
Said don't shout at me lol

Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2007, 16:59   #86
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara View Post
Said don't shout at me lol
Awwww sara!! did you not feel disappointed in yourself after so long??

Miracles do happen!!

Old 20-10-2007, 22:17   #87
Accy Goddess

I don't know how any one can give up for such a long length of time and then start again.
A couple of days an I was tearing my hair out.
ANNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2007, 22:25   #88

My Bro in Law stops and starts at will, he gave up for 4yr started again for a few month, gave up again, started again, he been stopped last 2 years, says he will smoke as and when he wants
Old 20-10-2007, 22:27   #89
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnyboy View Post
My Bro in Law stops and starts at will, he gave up for 4yr started again for a few month, gave up again, started again, he been stopped last 2 years, says he will smoke as and when he wants
I seriously don't see the point!! If you dont need to do it, don't do it!!
Why harm yourself??

Miracles do happen!!

Old 20-10-2007, 22:30   #90

Quote:
I seriously don't see the point!! If you dont need to do it, don't do it!!
Why harm yourself??

His call on that one, his and his alone

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..