Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-10-2007, 19:19   #16
God Member

Re: Easy way to stop smoking.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
You want to save some money each week Slinky and treat yourself. If you don't it will just disappear into the housekeeping money.
I know what you mean Bernie, but Allen Carr say's " you shouldn't save for anything in particular, as when you have finally bought it, you get a feeling of there is nothing left to quit for now as you have achieved your goal ".
But I suppose if I just save the money, and not aim for anything particular! then I should be ok. I worship this man like a Christian with the bible at the moment!! what ever he has done to me has worked, and I don't want to get thrown off course lol

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 18-10-2007, 19:22   #17
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
I think it may involve a type of self hypnosis. Many years ago I had anti smoking hypnosis with a practitioner - but the effects only lasted 2 days.
Dont pass that book on yet - you might need to read it again
I have made sure I keep it, just in case I need to read it again!! But I can 100% tell you I will never touch another ciggie in my life!!
that's how confident I am. I would rather cut my own arms off, than turn back now!!

Miracles do happen!!

Old 18-10-2007, 19:27   #18
God Member

I quit for a few months last year and couldn't understand where the money came from to be able to afford to smoke. Back on them at the moment!!
Old 18-10-2007, 19:29   #19
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
I quit for a few months last year and couldn't understand where the money came from to be able to afford to smoke. Back on them at the moment!!
Thats the funny thing!! you will find the money from ANYWHERE to smoke, same as a Heroin addicts will find it for Heroin

Miracles do happen!!

Old 18-10-2007, 19:57   #20
God Member

When I reduced my ciggies down from 35 to 18 it coincided with making my own roll ups. I use filters and a rolling machine. I think that rolling tobacco probably is higher in nicotene which is why I smoke fewer. What I am NOT getting is the addictive chemicals that cigarette makers add - I actually find that I still crave them!!!!

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2007, 20:33   #21
Accy Goddess

I tried Paul Mckenna's quit smoking. It helped for a little while but has soon as I stopped listening to the tape. I was smoking just as much.
At the end of the day you need to really want to give up and some will power.
Congratulations Slinky. Keep up the good work.
ANNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2007, 21:42   #22
God Member

I read this book twice but it didn't work for me. Glad it worked for you though, Slinky.
Old 18-10-2007, 21:48   #23
God Member

Nice one slinky ..
i have just started on the champix tablets today in order to stop . had to go through nhs stop smoking .to get em . so fingers crossed they work .. if not hun i,ll give your book a go ..
cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2007, 21:49   #24
God Member

The more often you get hypnotised the easier it is to 'go under'.
I've been hypnotised 4 times by therapists and twice by entertaining hypnotists.
did a magnificent impression of Shirley Bassey at Martholme

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2007, 21:54   #25
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
did a magnificent impression of Shirley Bassey at Martholme
How is impersonating Shirley Bassey supposed to help you stop smoking? LOL
Old 19-10-2007, 05:05   #26
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slinky View Post
Well I have quit smoking now!!
Congrats Slinky, I hope you manage to stay off the stinky weed for ever. I know it must be hard to stop so I am really pleased for you.

Can you please stop recommending that book to everyone though. If they all stop smoking my tax bill is bound to go up to compensate the loss in revenue for the Government.
Old 19-10-2007, 05:58   #27
God Member

Slinky , please post progress reports ......thx
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2007, 07:45   #28
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeljack View Post
She can't, she has been arrested for murdering ginger

A nicotine free slinky is a scary thought, I hope Ossy is far enough away from her so I can't hear her screaming at night
Old 19-10-2007, 10:51   #29
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeljack View Post
Sure I will SJ....

38 hours as a non-smoker now I can't believe the benefits already!! I can smell absolutely anything, and my taste buds have never been so good. My chest is feeling better too ( this was the reason I gave up by the way, horrible cough and pains in my chest ) Thankgod, I haven't had one since giving up!!

How do I feel??

On top of the bloody world!! Yesterday morning I woke up and as I said in another post I got the feeling of " Oh I would have had a ciggie now " BUT NOT " oh I need one, I need one right now!! " kind of thing.

This morning, not even that!! I woke up and after making myself a cup of coffee thought ' God this feels good to not smoke, I feel fantastic and very proud of myself '. The thought of ever smoking again fills me with dread and horror, and would be an absolute night mare. It's like a non-smoker, that has never smoked, telling you he is going to start smoking at 50 years old!! It would be dreadful, and that is how I feel if I even attempt to think of having a ciggie ever again.

I know people have said that this book hasn't worked for them, But by Christ I can't thank this Allen Carr bloke enough!! I have never found it as easy to give up smoking in my life, and it is all down to that book, and the right words he says!!

Thanks for your interest Steeljack Hope I haven't bored you too much

Miracles do happen!!

Old 19-10-2007, 10:52   #30
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
She can't, she has been arrested for murdering ginger

A nicotine free slinky is a scary thought, I hope Ossy is far enough away from her so I can't hear her screaming at night

Oh and by the way SHUT IT YOU

I haven't been moody once!!

Miracles do happen!!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..