Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-10-2007, 23:56   #106
God Member

Re: Easy way to stop smoking.....

OK

I'm officially bored now!!

NEXT!!!!!

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-10-2007, 00:10   #107
God Member

I can see both points in this debate, Slinky you believe quite rightly that this book has helped you kick the fags into touch. What Bonnyboy is saying is that if you hadn't been ready to quit no book could have helped you. On that note I'm off for a fag I am not ready for quitting!!!
Old 21-10-2007, 00:15   #108

Dint me to bore you slinky, twas gerrin rather long winded tho. You can have one of me beers if that helps Truce?
Old 21-10-2007, 00:17   #109
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
I can see both points in this debate, Slinky you believe quite rightly that this book has helped you kick the fags into touch. What Bonnyboy is saying is that if you hadn't been ready to quit no book could have helped you. On that note I'm off for a fag I am not ready for quitting!!!

Bernie that is what I have said all the way through this thread. I said it about Lilly earlier, and she agreed with me. You do have to want to quit. But the book does help the FEELINGS you get when you are trying to give up.

My point was, you can't just knock something if you have never tried it.

Thats the end of it now!!

Miracles do happen!!

Old 21-10-2007, 00:18   #110
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnyboy View Post
Dint me to bore you slinky, twas gerrin rather long winded tho. You can have one of me beers if that helps Truce?
Now ya talking!! pass em over big lad

Miracles do happen!!

Old 21-10-2007, 00:21   #111

Quote:
Originally Posted by slinky View Post
Now ya talking!! pass em over big lad
Why do men fall for that line BIG lad...it's beyond me, here's a case of the stuff slinky, some spirits in there too, take yer pick lass
Old 21-10-2007, 00:24   #112
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnyboy View Post
Why do men fall for that line BIG lad...it's beyond me, here's a case of the stuff slinky, some spirits in there too, take yer pick lass
It's ok, I had to EDIT what I wrote..... good job I checked, I had wrote " Now you're talking, P!ss em over big lad "

Miracles do happen!!

Old 21-10-2007, 10:17   #113
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambutty View Post
10 a day is nearly £1,000 in a year. Up to £50,000 for your retirement. Enjoy spending that instead.

Enjoy your curtains and soft furnishings not getting stained with tobacco smoke. Not just yours but from smoking friends who visit. With no smoke in your house you wouldn’t have to clean your windows as often or wipe down the woodwork and not forgetting things like the telly, hard chairs etc.

You gave up for 9 months so you can do it again without having to get pregnant. You know you can - you just need a gentle push in the right direction.

DON’T LIGHT THAT NEXT FAG.

Make a conscious effort to put it back in the packet and then look at your clock and YOU decide when you are going to light it. Come on! Five or ten minutes isn’t going to make that much difference is it? Then if you must, light it or YOU decide to wait just another five minutes.

But you will have wrested control of your smoking from a self confessed pleasurable habit to conscious effort. Do the same with each fag that you take out of the packet but extend the time.

You will be chucking them away in no time and having the pleasure of spending the money that you save. You will have replaced one pleasure with another.

I never smoke anywhere in my house so I don't have the horrors of smelly curtains, settees etc.
Old 21-10-2007, 10:34   #114
Resting in Peace

All your advice is good Jambutty, but could you not have held off a little too, whilst the photograph was taken of you in your avatar ..

Lilly: the smoke in the house is a good incentive, particularly as I have just had downstairs newly decorated and I keep looking up at the ceiling to see if it is turning yellow yet.

As lots of my friends smoke too, I would not stop them from enjoying a cigarette in my home though and ban them to the garden on a cold winter's day. Do you ?
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2007, 11:19   #115
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
All your advice is good Jambutty, but could you not have held off a little too, whilst the photograph was taken of you in your avatar ..

Lilly: the smoke in the house is a good incentive, particularly as I have just had downstairs newly decorated and I keep looking up at the ceiling to see if it is turning yellow yet.

As lots of my friends smoke too, I would not stop them from enjoying a cigarette in my home though and ban them to the garden on a cold winter's day. Do you ?

Yes I do. I won't allow anybody to smoke in my house.This is why I tend to go round their houses rather than them coming to mine. They haven't got children.

I'd probably be tempted to relax the rules if I didn't have children but I very firmly feel that it's their home too and I don't want all their clothes, toys etc to be smelling of fags, in addition to all the other risks to their health.
Old 21-10-2007, 21:00   #116
Apprentice Geriatric

Cool Re: Easy way to stop smoking.....

Quote:
I’m not quite sure if I understand what you are saying.

My avatar is me as I am, English (the flag) and how some people might view me.

I was just trying to give Lilly a gentle push to quitting smoking. We all need that, be it from a friend, a stranger or a book. The longest journey starts with the same first step as trip to the local shop.
Old 21-10-2007, 21:05   #117
Resting in Peace

Quote:
I’m not quite sure if I understand what you are saying.
[/SIZE][/FONT]
Is that not a fag in your hand then ? Just flashes too quick, but thought it was
Old 21-10-2007, 21:12   #118
Apprentice Geriatric

Cool Re: Easy way to stop smoking.....

Quote:
Is that not a fag in your hand then ? Just flashes too quick, but thought it was
Nope! Nothing in my hands at all.

Here's a larger picture.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg jimp200x200.jpg (10.1 KB, 8 views)
Old 21-10-2007, 21:17   #119
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Nope! Nothing in my hands at all.

Here's a larger picture.
Ok .. was mistaken then ...

So just to make up .. Not quite the royal wave like yours but will do.. tee hee.
Old 22-10-2007, 14:38   #120
God Member

Still Going Strong

Miracles do happen!!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..