Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-10-2007, 22:33   #91
God Member

Re: Easy way to stop smoking.....

My son can stop and start when it suits him although he hasnt had one now for 3 yrs and has never batted an eyelid . i so envy him . hes always nagging me to quit .so maybe i will have them out of my life by time he comes home in march. fingers crossed ..
cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 20-10-2007, 22:35   #92

I do hope TB303 posts in this thread, ironic or what
Old 20-10-2007, 22:38   #93
God Member

In my mind, there must still be an element of being addicted. No-one stops and starts smoking for the sheer laugh of it!!

Why potentially kill yourself if you can take the things or leave them??

I will never understand that one!!

That like me saying " Hmm I love sticking my mouth round an exhaust pipe, but I can stop doing it when ever I want " weird!!

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2007, 22:57   #94

The bottom line is that nicotine is an addictive drug. A book aint gonna do dip sh*t. It's an addiction, same as any other drug, it takes more than leafing through a book to sort an addiction out, you know it, we all know it. Problem is, you're hooked(but in denial) same as rest of us smokers. Legislation needs to be made so that our youngsters dont make our mistakes, question is, will government forego the revenue they get in taxes???, Doubt it... Smokes need to be removed from the shelves, Full Stop
Old 20-10-2007, 22:59   #95

have to say tho slinky, if the book helps you then that's excellent
Old 20-10-2007, 23:02   #96
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnyboy View Post
The bottom line is that nicotine is an addictive drug. A book aint gonna do dip sh*t. It's an addiction, same as any other drug, it takes more than leafing through a book to sort an addiction out, you know it, we all know it. Problem is, you're hooked(but in denial) same as rest of us smokers. Legislation needs to be made so that our youngsters dont make our mistakes, question is, will government forego the revenue they get in taxes???, Doubt it... Smokes need to be removed from the shelves, Full Stop
Have you read the book??

Why am I in denial?? I have QUIT!! I wouldn't call that in denial... And addictions can be over come, just some of us are prepared to get off our arses and try things to sort the DRUG ADDICTION out, instead of sticking our head in sand and tarring everyone with the same brush!! and trying to put others down for doing something about it AND SUCCEEDING .... FULL STOP

Miracles do happen!!

Old 20-10-2007, 23:03   #97
God Member

Quote:
have to say tho slinky, if the book helps you then that's excellent
Yes the book does help, and with a 90% success rate, I'm not alone in thinking so.

Miracles do happen!!

Old 20-10-2007, 23:09   #98

I just think that to an extent you are being hoodwinked by a book, you could have given up by yourself, you never needed the damned book. It came from within yourself, your own will and strength. The book aint magic is it. I will never ever put someone down for attempting to kick a "habit" of any sort. The denial bit is that I rekon deep down you still want a fag
Old 20-10-2007, 23:15   #99
God Member

Quote:
I just think that to an extent you are being hoodwinked by a book, you could have given up by yourself, you never needed the damned book. It came from within yourself, your own will and strength. The book aint magic is it. I will never ever put someone down for attempting to kick a "habit" of any sort. The denial bit is that I rekon deep down you still want a fag
Well all I can say is why hit out at the book??
If anything all it ever did was GOOD!! nothing at all bad has happened!!
I managed to give up after reading it, it did me good. Can't get any lower than smoking, so the only way was up! and that's the way I chose, whether it was the book that did it, or just me, there was only good to come out of it! And I would rather pay 1 off fee of £5, to risk my chances, than keep spending £5 per day per 20 pack for the rest of my life, because I think " YEAH RIGHT AS IF A BOOK CAN HELP "

Miracles do happen!!

Old 20-10-2007, 23:27   #100

My cry baby whiny assed opinion is ...that the author is makin hard cash outta good folks like yourself's misery. The book maybe planted a seed, but the author can take no plaudits for this, the effort was yours. The fact is, you can only advise an adictee. The addict of whatever substance has to do it for themselves. Glad you done it, how long since your last smoke?
Old 20-10-2007, 23:28   #101
God Member

Quote:
I rekon deep down you still want a fag
Sour grapes...... you don't know me, or you would know that is very much off the mark!!

you're probably one of those people that go around offering ciggies to people that are trying their best to quit!!

Miracles do happen!!

Old 20-10-2007, 23:33   #102
God Member

Quote:
My cry baby whiny assed opinion is ...that the author is makin hard cash outta good folks like yourself's misery.
The author is dead!!
No money is going his way for quite some time

The book maybe planted a seed, but the author can take no plaudits for this, the effort was yours.
Maybe/maybe not, will never know!!

The fact is, you can only advise an adictee. The addict of whatever substance has to do it for themselves. Glad you done it, how long since your last smoke?
4 days, and before you say it MR negativity, NO I don't want one!! NO I will never start again!! There are ciggies that are laying around on my breakfast bar that belong to my husband!! But the thought of just having one puff of a ciggie makes me cringe, and like I said in another post, I would rather cut my arms off than have another.

Miracles do happen!!

Old 20-10-2007, 23:37   #103

Quote:
Originally Posted by slinky View Post
Sour grapes...... you don't know me, or you would know that is very much off the mark!!

you're probably one of those people that go around offering ciggies to people that are trying their best to quit!!

Sour grapes me arse. You spent a fiver or so on a book. Some sad buggers spend millions. All I'm saying is that you have given up smoking because of your own inner strength. Christ, I wish I could do the same. You keep bangin' on about the book, it wasnt the book, it was you, and more power to you for doing so. Like i said, book planted a seed in your mind, no more.
Old 20-10-2007, 23:44   #104
God Member

Quote:
Sour grapes me arse. You spent a fiver or so on a book.
I didn't spend a penny!! I borrowed mine off my friend (( look back through posts)) I was referring to people that will pay for it.

Some sad buggers spend millions. All I'm saying is that you have given up smoking because of your own inner strength. Christ, I wish I could do the same. You keep bangin' on about the book, it wasnt the book, it was you, and more power to you for doing so. Like i said, book planted a seed in your mind, no more.
The book doesn't claim to make you give up!! It claims to help you to give up easily. Have you ever tried?? If you have you will only too well remember the empty feeling you get!! all day every day, day in day out. Christ at one point when I last tried to stop, I ended up dreaming about them.

The book helps stop all the " empty, missing something " feelings. THAT is a fact!!
That is how I can tell you it works!! Not mainly the giving up, but how easy it has been. And yes, it is mainly down to me, because the book is based on SELF hypnotizing!! amongst other things.... but please don't knock it til you have read it.

If after you have read it you think it is garbage, then so be it.

Miracles do happen!!

Old 20-10-2007, 23:55   #105

Does the red writing denote anything in particular? I dont know why you keep quoting me, I can recall what I have posted.Fact is you dont know me, Mr Negativity is not a label to associate with me with, Mr Realistic perhaps, I dunno. Look, you are doing good with the cigs, only 4 days granted, good none the less. I'm just flummoxed that you cant see it's down to you.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..