Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-05-2012, 22:21   #121
God Member

Re: Greece........................Sink or Swim?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
He's got too much on his mind tweeting about your football club. Anybody'd think he was the MP for Blackburn the way he's going on.
You maybe right ther Wyn.. from what I've heard the main topic at half time in the Blackburn end this season has been one of a referendum on leaving the EU ..
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 12-05-2012, 08:26   #122
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
He isn't going to show any concern about that because, just like your Tory mates, he supports the rip-off that is the EU.

As for the chicken farmers, his "concern" is well out of order. He even brought it up in parliament the other month. He's the MP for HYNDBURN not BLACKBURN. If Blackburn shopping centre was having problems, would you expect him to be "showing concern" about that?

Better shut up before I get my knuckles rapped for thread-hijacking!
Ya sod of back into the Stanley Section
Old 13-05-2012, 00:24   #123

Texas Holdem Poker Champion!

So there's talk of Greece being kicked out of the Euro because they can't elect a government that can agree terms with 'the bankers'.

Now perhaps i'm thick, but....

A bank is somewhere I put my money so that thieves can't steal it. 'The bankers' look after it, give me a little bit of interest, lend it to others more needy and make that interest back plus a little bit for their trouble, and thats just peachy, everyone's a winner.

Then I lose the plot...why can 'the bankers' dictate government (or European) policy? They produce nothing for the community, they don't defend the community, they don't provide for the community.

They take risks to make more money and when they fail they make the community bail them out, they pay themselves massive bonuses (even when they screw up) at the expense of the community, and they wine and dine world leaders to influence government policy at the expense of the community.

So maybe, just maybe, the Greeks who are arguably the founding fathers of democracy, philosophy and modern civilisation, are leading the pack once again.

But then again, maybe I'm just thick!
Old 13-05-2012, 00:45   #124
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinness View Post
So there's talk of Greece being kicked out of the Euro because they can't elect a government that can agree terms with 'the bankers'.

A bank is somewhere I put my money so that thieves can't steal it. 'The bankers' look after it, give me a little bit of interest, lend it to others more needy and make that interest back plus a little bit for their trouble, and thats just peachy, everyone's a winner.

Then I lose the plot...why can 'the bankers' dictate government (or European) policy? They produce nothing for the community, they don't defend the community, they don't provide for the community.

They take risks to make more money and when they fail they make the community bail them out, they pay themselves massive bonuses (even when they screw up) at the expense of the community, and they wine and dine world leaders to influence government policy at the expense of the community.

So maybe, just maybe, the Greeks who are arguably the founding fathers of democracy, philosophy and modern civilisation, are leading the pack once again.

This is something only a banker or the EU parliament could disagree with.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2012, 08:10   #125
Super Moderator

Right on the money, Guinness! Karma sent.
Old 13-05-2012, 08:15   #126
Beacon of light

somebody said(James Garfield the American president, I think) that 'whoever controls the money(supply) controls the whole nation'.

Much in the way of politics and political favours seems to be bought and sold...there isn't much done in politics(these days) because it is morally or ethically right.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2012, 09:36   #127
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinness View Post

A bank is somewhere I put my money so that thieves can't steal it. 'The bankers' look after it, give me a little bit of interest, lend it to others more needy and make that interest back plus a little bit for their trouble, and that's just peachy, everyone's a winner.

No Gremlin your not thick, you've just grasped whats been going on for hundreds of years and will carry on until some one comes up with something better, but with politicians world wide have their noses embedded deeply in the trough don't expect it anytime soon
Old 13-05-2012, 10:48   #128
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
somebody said(James Garfield the American president, I think) that 'whoever controls the money(supply) controls the whole nation'.

Much in the way of politics and political favours seems to be bought and sold...there isn't much done in politics(these days) because it is morally or ethically right.
Also......

"I care not what puppet is placed on the throne of England to rule the Empire, ...The man that controls Britain's money supply controls the British Empire. And I control the money supply."
Baron Nathan Mayer Rothschild

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2012, 11:33   #129
Beacon of light

Yes Margaret, after I had posted my quote, I remembered that Rothschild had said something similar...but it was too late to edit my post.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2012, 12:09   #130
God Member

Rothschild has placed a bet that the Euro will 'cease to be'.

Since he is the power behind all Europe's money supply, it will happen.

Lord Rothschild in $200 Million Bet Against Euro: Report - Business News - CNBC

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2012, 13:43   #131
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
Rothschild has placed a bet that the Euro will 'cease to be'.

Since he is the power behind all Europe's money supply, it will happen.

Lord Rothschild in $200 Million Bet Against Euro: Report - Business News - CNBC
Some of us remember when George Soros bet against the pound and then made a financial killing on the UK's exit from the ERM on Black Wednesday. Except it wasn't so Black; it was not even fifty shades of gray. It was the best thing that happened to the UK economy for many years. So well done, George. And if Rothy succeeds in ridding the world of the Euro, then well done too! I'll buy the man a pint.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2012, 17:51   #132
Resting in Peace

Ya he can have a chaser to go with it off me Tealeaf
Old 26-08-2012, 17:57   #133

The can has been kicked down the road as far as it can go. The Eurozone will be downsized. Greece cannot be saved. It's a toss-up as to who will be next in line.
bullseyebarb is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..