Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2010, 10:29   #16
Resting in Peace

Re: keep it up Accy Labour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
So much debt... did Labour lower your living standards?.. did they slaughter the NHS?..did they not guarantee a basic rate of pay for low earners.. did they not pay for the services you need?.. a bad Government maybe but I can't think of any good Goverment we have had.
I give you something Jaysay you are a die hard and believe in the Tories, lets hope they don't bite you in return
Some time I wonder which planet you actually live on Mancie, it certainly ain't planet earth
Old 12-05-2010, 11:53   #17
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Some time I wonder which planet you actually live on Mancie, it certainly ain't planet earth
Maybe I would rather live on another planet than under your mob..but I'm so rich I was gonna ****** off and live in Monaco.. but then the Tories got in and my accountant told me I can sit on my arse all day doing sod all and make lots of money without paying tax.. tax is for wimps.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 14:29   #18
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
Maybe I would rather live on another planet than under your mob..but I'm so rich I was gonna ****** off and live in Monaco.. but then the Tories got in and my accountant told me I can sit on my arse all day doing sod all and make lots of money without paying tax.. tax is for wimps.
Well you should know
Old 12-05-2010, 20:26   #19
God Member

Quote:
A true supporter with principle wouldn't, I didn't
A principled tory That's right in there with jumbo shrimp, Micorsoft Works, and military intelligence
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 21:02   #20
God Member

It doesnt matter much who is in power, they have to find the money to reduce the national debt, without being picky, the national debt was derived not from the last few years, but from the selling off of nationalised industries, the council houses and the like, the sale put money in the coffers at the time, but reduced future income whilst propping up a false economy (from the sell off), many people on low income were duped into the belief that buying the council house they lived in would somehow make them better people, only to find that it didnt, and they couldnt afford the mortgages let alone the ill advised improvement loans, so they had negative equity, or were repossessed, who bought those houses on the cheap?? The wealthy! What really needs to happen, is for a party to explain what this mess will cost us, honestly, how long it will take, and where the cuts/tax hikes are being introduced to pay it off.
Old 12-05-2010, 21:23   #21
God Member

what happened with a lot of council properties is that they got sold and rented out so instead of paying £40 a week for a 3 bedroom house back then they had to pay £90-£110 a week for tennats in houses that they should never have sold in the first place.You cant blame peopel for taking advantage of teh scheme but it really got my backup that somone who had their rent paid for 15 years could get a huge discount on a 3 bedroom house with front and rear gardens and all they had to do was get a job to get a special rate morgage and sell the house 5 years down the line for a huge proffit.Even then some people after making the money on the house they sold re-applied and got another council house with a huge sum of cash in the bank hidden in a partners or relatives bank acount.

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2010, 09:26   #22
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
A principled tory That's right in there with jumbo shrimp, Micorsoft Works, and military intelligence
Well on a matter of principle I said I would resign from the party and wouldn't vote for any candidate from a list forced on HCA, both of which I did, I'm no longer a party member nor did I vote Tory last Thursday either
Old 13-05-2010, 10:59   #23
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeljack View Post
think the moderators should check your ISP and check if it's a direct link to North Korea .
I just checked and surprisingly it came back with this address

30 Millbank
London
SW1P 4DP
Old 13-05-2010, 11:04   #24
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
I'm no longer a party member nor did I vote Tory last Thursday either
Not even in the local election?
Old 13-05-2010, 11:32   #25
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
I just checked and surprisingly it came back with this address

30 Millbank
London
SW1P 4DP
That is a civil service building
....maybe he is 007

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2010, 14:45   #26
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Not even in the local election?
I voted for Simon in the locals, in fact I spent an hour with him prior to the election, my beef was with party officials at the NWAO not our local set up
Old 15-05-2010, 09:09   #27
Common Sense Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekgas View Post
It doesnt matter much who is in power, they have to find the money to reduce the national debt, without being picky, the national debt was derived not from the last few years, but from the selling off of nationalised industries, the council houses and the like, the sale put money in the coffers at the time, but reduced future income whilst propping up a false economy (from the sell off), many people on low income were duped into the belief that buying the council house they lived in would somehow make them better people, only to find that it didnt, and they couldnt afford the mortgages let alone the ill advised improvement loans, so they had negative equity, or were repossessed, who bought those houses on the cheap?? The wealthy! What really needs to happen, is for a party to explain what this mess will cost us, honestly, how long it will take, and where the cuts/tax hikes are being introduced to pay it off.
Someone else who understands that social housing was a good idea. Locally, we're now left with a raft of Manchester-based companies who couldn't give a toss about Hyndburn.

The new administration in Great Britain seem to think that harsh cuts in front line services and good old fashioned harsh taxation will fix the country in a few short years whereas it is more likely to slide us back into the pit.

Much as I want the new government to work, I suspect that those of us north of the wash will be moving to Far Corfe fairly soon.

http://hyndburn-labour.blogspot.co.uk/ - Updates from the Hyndburn Labour Group
Ken Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2010, 09:20   #28
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Moss View Post
Someone else who understands that social housing was a good idea. Locally, we're now left with a raft of Manchester-based companies who couldn't give a toss about Hyndburn.
Dont get me going on that Ken, the EVIL bitch who may even get a state funeral never intended to try to understand that, still hopefully that can't be far off.
Old 15-05-2010, 09:22   #29
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Dont get me going on that Ken, the EVIL bitch who may even get a state funeral never intended to try to understand that, still hopefully that can't be far off.
I'm getting a touch impatient as well cashy, surely we don't have to wait for her to die to bury her do we?
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2010, 09:25   #30
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Moss View Post

The new administration in Great Britain seem to think that harsh cuts in front line services and good old fashioned harsh taxation will fix the country in a few short years whereas it is more likely to slide us back into the pit.

Much as I want the new government to work, I suspect that those of us north of the wash will be moving to Far Corfe fairly soon.
You seem to forget just how much debt this country is in Ken, when you borrow money at the same rat of knots as this last government did, without any sort of idea how to pay it back, or were not bothered because they were quite aware that once again it wouldn't be them who has to clear the mess up, when you borrow money whether it be national Government or the ordinary man in the street, there comes a time when you have to admit that you need to address your finances, unfortunately Labour never have and always let others clean up their mess, and it is a mess

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..