Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-05-2010, 12:35   #46
Resting in Peace

Re: keep it up Accy Labour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
In my view, your buddy, Ken Hargreaves was one of the exceptions. I also reckon Graham Jones is another. Both decent, local blokes, who are genuinely concerned about helping their constituents, rather than lining their pockets or furthering their parliamentary careers. Obviously, your blue blinkers won't allow you to agree with me on the latter.
Oh your so wrong there Wyn. I have no doubt what-so-ever that Graham will be, as you put it an exception to the rule. I don't agree with Grahams politics but I believe he will do a good job for Hyndburn has did Ken and Greg before him, I don't hold Mancie's views that if your on the other side your a waste of space, I have never questioned Grahams commitments to those who elect him, for its the same reason why PB has been a councillor for Ossy since 1983 ask Garinda. Peter works hard for Ossy as Graham does for Peel and now will be doing so down in the big city on behave of all the people Hyndburn irrespective of party, creed or colour
Old 22-05-2010, 12:57   #47
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
They talk as if benefit claimants are second class citizens If they hadn't been so damn greedy this might not have happened. Why should they not have to provide receipts and prove that their family are actually living with them if they claim this to be so?????
Old 22-05-2010, 13:13   #48
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
They talk as if benefit claimants are second class citizens If they hadn't been so damn greedy this might not have happened. Why should they not have to provide receipts and prove that their family are actually living with them if they claim this to be so?????
You and I know that BernieI, but most of these people don't live in the real world, would appear they have come crashing down to earth with a bump
Old 22-05-2010, 13:19   #49
Resting in Peace

Quote:
As for people on benefits being second class citizens I think I'll treat that with the contempt it so richly deserves. Before I was struck down with illness I worked 7 days a week motley 14 hours a day with a weekend of every three, some of these cretins wouldn't last two minutes in a real job, and that applies to all parties, members such as Graham Jones will be few and far between down in that big privileged house
Old 22-05-2010, 13:25   #50
God Member

Quote:
You and I know that BernieI, but most of these people don't live in the real world, would appear they have come crashing down to earth with a bump
The way I see it these new measures are neccessary and should be strictly adhered to. Anyone making false claims should be hauled before the courts in the same way as any benfit claimant found to be claiming monies frauduently. Why should there be any difference???
Old 22-05-2010, 13:35   #51
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
The way I see it these new measures are neccessary and should be strictly adhered to. Anyone making false claims should be hauled before the courts in the same way as any benfit claimant found to be claiming monies frauduently. Why should there be any difference???
Agreed, there shouldn't be any differance bernie, but there sure as hell will be. IMHO.
Old 22-05-2010, 13:44   #52
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Agreed, there shouldn't be any differance bernie, but there sure as hell will be. IMHO.
How does it go cashy blessed are the law makers for they shall be obeyed
Old 22-05-2010, 17:00   #53
God Member

Blessed are the law makers for they shall do as they please, maybe
Old 22-05-2010, 17:05   #54
Give, give, give member

They are having to do what everyone who works for a normal employer has to do.

If it's too hard for them, and a bit of a struggle on £65,738.00 per annum, then they should jack it in.

God help them if they are ever in the unfortunate situation of having to claim social benefits. They'd be sat on the floor in floods of tears, before they'd even got to page twenty of the the first form.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2010, 17:05   #55
God Member

A couple of comments regarding Graham's work rate, at the AW meet, Graham Jones looked exhausted, I told him so, he agreed as he was sneaking off presumably for some kip, I suggested he might need a bit of 'Graham time', rest in other words, I know very well what over-working can do to a person, hopefully Graham will balance his time and do his best for his constintuents whilst not wearing himself out and ending up useless!
Old 22-05-2010, 17:12   #56
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekgas View Post
A couple of comments regarding Graham's work rate, at the AW meet, Graham Jones looked exhausted, I told him so, he agreed as he was sneaking off presumably for some kip, I suggested he might need a bit of 'Graham time', rest in other words, I know very well what over-working can do to a person, hopefully Graham will balance his time and do his best for his constintuents whilst not wearing himself out and ending up useless!
He must have been exhausted.

He's been campainging flat out, since early last autumn.

Hopefully he'll soon settle in, and get the work/home ratio sorted.

I'm so proud we have someone representing us down in Westminster we know and trust.

The good news is that his travelling will soon be cut for a while, as it's nearly the end of the school year.

Whoops.

Meant parliamentary summer recess.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2010, 21:59   #57
Super Moderator

Quote:
Oh your so wrong there Wyn. I have no doubt what-so-ever that Graham will be, as you put it an exception to the rule. I don't agree with Grahams politics but I believe he will do a good job for Hyndburn has did Ken and Greg before him
Well, you've sure got a funny way of showing your regard, judging by some of the names you've called him, "numpty" being one of the more pleasant ones, but I suppose that's just the rough and tumble of Accyweb!
Old 22-05-2010, 22:06   #58
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Well, you've sure got a funny way of showing your regard, judging by some of the names you've called him, "numpty" being one of the more pleasant ones, but I suppose that's just the rough and tumble of Accyweb!
not really he just tells lies
Old 23-05-2010, 09:19   #59
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
not really he just tells lies
As willis would say what you talking about cashman
Old 23-05-2010, 09:23   #60
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Numpty is a term of endearment Wyn, usually reserved for those nice people from Burnley ( I'm not allowed to use the "D" word anymore) but seriously I've never questioned his commitment, just his politics, when words like numpty may have entered the equation

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..