Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-08-2009, 17:31   #46
God Member

Re: Kerry Katona axed by Iceland

Plenty of people are known drug users by social services and don't get their kids taken away by them.

The reason being is that there simply isn't enough care homes or willing foster parents to rehome children with such ease, and it costs money to do so.

Even if she was investigated by social services she wouldn't have her kids taken from her. They'd have to be showing signs of neglect, and they clearly aren't as she has them in magazines on a weekly basis looking absolutely fine.

Do you intervene when you see parents hitting their kids in public? My guess is that the majority of you would just look in horror but do nothing. Because that is the way this society works. We live in a country where the law doesn't insist you help someone you see drowning or being kicked to death. What makes you think it is going to care about someone snorting a line of coke behind closed doors that is doing no harm to anyone?

The police don't want to arrest the individual recreational users, they want to arrest drug smugglers and dealers. And the police and social services certainly won't intervene in this situation based on one picture of her doing a line of cocaine. It's one of the most commonly used drugs in the country. Imagine how many children there would be in foster homes if they took them all away from their drug using parents?

And Garinda, I never said it was NEVER a question of illegality, obviously it is illegal, but that clearly isn't what is bothering people here.
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 19-08-2009, 17:51   #47
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazey View Post
Even if she was investigated by social services she wouldn't have her kids taken from her. They'd have to be showing signs of neglect, and they clearly aren't as she has them in magazines on a weekly basis looking absolutely fine.
For God's sake promise us you'll never go into social work.

That's the sort of dopey observation that the woefully inadequate social workers made in the tragic case of Baby P, and many others.

Smear the poor little sod with Nutella, and hey ho, no visible bruises, or signs of physical neglect.

Looks alright, therefore everything must be hunky-dory.

Wrong.

Appearances can be very, very deceptive.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2009, 18:00   #48
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazey View Post
And Garinda, I never said it was NEVER a question of illegality, obviously it is illegal, but that clearly isn't what is bothering people here.
Possession of cocaine is illegal.

Fact.

If you think it's acceptable for parents to bring into the home an illegal, non-quality tested substance, which means the parents will be off their rocker, and might not hear that a child is in danger, or even dipping their little fingers in those cute little wraps, while their parents are in a drug fuelled sleep, you're an even bigger fool than I thought you were.

Old 19-08-2009, 18:03   #49
Give, give, give member

I suppose you also think it's fine for toddlers to play doctors and nurses, with the syringes smack head parents leave all over the place, while they board the bus to another planet?

Old 19-08-2009, 18:37   #50
God Member

the thing that is bothering me is by having letting people get away with is they are rearing the future drug junkie culture population and makin it grow if we took every kid that had junkie parents we could have nipped it in the bud,we were too soft and now heading towards total anarchy and who pays for all their treatment yes the honest hardworking people in this country.we should have a referendum to see if we want our taxes spent on this.i bet i know what the result would be..
Old 19-08-2009, 20:59   #51
God Member

I doubt the children were at risk in this situation because clearly some 'friend' had set up the coke, set up the video and then told Kerry it was waiting for her in the bathroom.

She's an idiot for being a user in the first place but someone has made money over selling the tape.

She clearly needs help - and not the sort of help that her co-dependent husband seems to give her.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2009, 21:04   #52
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle View Post
I doubt the children were at risk in this situation because clearly some 'friend' had set up the coke, set up the video and then told Kerry it was waiting for her in the bathroom.

She's an idiot for being a user in the first place but someone has made money over selling the tape.

She clearly needs help - and not the sort of help that her co-dependent husband seems to give her.
I wonder who it was who set her up and passed the footage on to the papers.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was the husband.

Useless lump.
Old 19-08-2009, 21:07   #53
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly View Post
I wonder who it was who set her up and passed the footage on to the papers.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was the husband.

Useless lump.
I think I read somewhere that he is living abroad now.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2009, 21:10   #54
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
I think I read somewhere that he is living abroad now.
LOL. Not that husband, Margaret.

Her first husband, Brian McFadden, is now living in Australia with his girlfriend.

I'm talking about her current husband, Mark Croft, a right waste of space.
Old 19-08-2009, 21:11   #55
God Member

Sorreeeeee - I don't read celebrity news

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2009, 00:52   #56
God Member

If I was Brian McWestlife I'd be kicking her door down and taking my kids away from all that.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2009, 01:00   #57
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
Sorreeeeee - I don't read celebrity news
You don't need to read it to see it splashed across the front page of newspapers I don't read it either.

Which means admittedly I'm assuming most of the information based on waht I've glanced at on the front pages of the newspapers.

Garinda, I'm not saying the illegality of cocaine isn't an issue. I'm saying that people seem more concerned about the welfare of her children rather than the illegality.

People commit much worse crimes all the time and don't have their children taken into care. In fact, the majority of the country is currently suffering financially due to crimes being committed by people too busy concerned about their own comfortable lives to consider the consequences of their actions.

The children wouldn't have been put at risk, because that woman isn't a bad mother. That is the end of the story really isn't it? She'll have had child minders looking after the kids.

The problem with this country is that the media can quite happily exploit these situations because people are more interested in gossip and juicy stories. We live in a twisted society that feeds off the misery of others, particularly those who are in a better position financially than us. I smiled when I saw the bankers of Lehman Bros crying outside their offices in London. It's nice to see people like that fail, when the majority of them will have never failed at anything in their lives. I got a kick out of that, admittedly. I'm no better. But in the same way that people are assuming the kids were at risk, I assumed that they all would have had their comfortable backgrounds and easy lives, when in reality there is probably a good number who didn't, and they'll have all worked really hard.

We just like people being in a worse position than ourselves, and so we enjoy that Kerry lost her job for being photographed doing a line of cocaine. But let's not pretend that we believe she's a bad person who has really done something bad to other people. That is just ludicrous. As ludicrous as the idea that someone got paid a nice wad of cash for that picture. Paid for ruining someone's career. How can we ignore that?

It's disgusting to ignore that.
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2009, 01:24   #58
God Member

Crikey Blazey. Does it come naturally to completely miss the essence of the issue and skip straight to the abstract and somewhat irrelevant interpretation of the entire situation? I'm not being sarcastic when I say it's actually admirable.
The article, issue and subsequent thread centres around this: A woman has been filmed taking A class drugs. There's no existing logic (legal, moral or otherwise) that dictates that the woman shouldn't be arrested and charged for committing the crime. Equally, there is no logic that can justify the recreational use of hard drugs, especially for parents.
We all know that the celebrity fascination culture is a completely unnecessary aspect of society but the parasitical nature of the resulting press does not excuse the issue in hand. Care in the fellow man and social judgment go hand-in-hand, to a culturally acceptable degree.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2009, 16:02   #59

Kerry katona gave me a quick kiss at bell vue dog racing one night.

thats nowt to be proud of now thouigh
spignific is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2009, 18:14   #60
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spignific View Post
Kerry katona gave me a quick kiss at bell vue dog racing one night.

thats nowt to be proud of now thouigh
what was her trap number and did she finish in the first two?
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..