Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-08-2009, 23:50   #151
Give, give, give member

Re: Kerry Katona axed by Iceland

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
I despair sometimes, if Katie Price aka Jordan is something to aspire/admire over and above Kerry Katona as a "great mother" there is no hope IMHO. One snorts drugs and the other thinks nothing of getting rat arsed and showing just about anything and swearing like a trooper into the bargain. Whilst both show no regard to how this is affecting their kids, it is disgusting behaviour.

Sadly every week l hear other mothers using the foulest of language in front of their children.

It's bad parenting full stop.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 24-08-2009, 23:54   #152
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Sadly every week l hear other mothers using the foulest of language in front of their children.

Yes but I have never heard it said outright by an "educated person" that they think it is something to aspire to
Old 25-08-2009, 06:39   #153
Senior Member+

What bugs me go in any shop and look at the magazine rack once a week and you can pretty much guarantee you will see that silly bitch katie price AKA jordan on at least 1 front cover. What also bugs me is i cant seem to remember where the hell she came from any why she always in public eye. OH yeah i forgot she had breast implant and did a home movie sex tape and that makes her a celebrity. I don't even understand why men actually find that silly slag attractive.

and talking abut bad parenting. I once saw a woman bang her child's head several times against the marble(i think its marble) wall outside the that cafe across from the town hall
Restless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2009, 08:46   #154
Resting in Peace

Quote:

Spot on Rindi, there is a time and place of bad language, and its not in front of kids, especially very young ones who pick every thing up, I also don't think it very cleaver swearing in front of a women either, but maybe I'm just old fashioned
Old 25-08-2009, 10:35   #155
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Spot on Rindi, there is a time and place of bad language, and its not in front of kids, especially very young ones who pick every thing up, I also don't think it very cleaver swearing in front of a women either, but maybe I'm just old fashioned
It must be pretty hard growing up having respect, for yourself and others, when you can't even respect your foul mouthed parents.

Old 25-08-2009, 12:10   #156
God Member

Quote:
Now take a deep breath.

Katie Price is also known as Jordan.

If you see nipple it's Jordan.

No nipple, and probably on a horse, it's Katie.

If you're offered a cheap trip to discover the hidden delights of Jordan, taking in Petra, do please read the small print.

It might not be the Rose Red City. It might be Katie in the grave section of the Blue Peter garden.
Now I am more confused than ever. If this Katie is also Jordon, then presumably Peter is also Kerry. And why is his garden blue? Have they all been sacked by Iceland? And why should I want to go all the way to Petra? And why is there another thread right next to this all about Kerry, a.k.a. Peter? What is going on? Have all you lot finally been sectioned in the loony wing of the Royal Blackburn Hospital?
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2009, 15:59   #157
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf View Post
Now I am more confused than ever. If this Katie is also Jordon, then presumably Peter is also Kerry. And why is his garden blue? Have they all been sacked by Iceland? And why should I want to go all the way to Petra? And why is there another thread right next to this all about Kerry, a.k.a. Peter? What is going on? Have all you lot finally been sectioned in the loony wing of the Royal Blackburn Hospital?
If you come visiting I hate Lucozade
Old 25-08-2009, 16:16   #158
God Member

Swearing isn't reserved for only trashy people though, I've found swearing is common throughout the classes.

Unless we have a forum full of trashy scum that aren't good parents?

As for swearing in front of children, you always get one teacher at high school who swears in front of the class at least once. For me, it was the male PE teacher and the history and geography teachers. I'm pretty sure my physics teacher swore in front of us once or twice as well.

I blame my education.

My all time favourite mother is the woman off the OXO adverts though, but I can even imagine her having one glass of wine too many and swearing in front of the kids.

And now I'm craving roast potatoes.
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2009, 18:58   #159
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazey View Post
I'm pretty sure my physics teacher swore in front of us once or twice as well.

I blame my education.
I'm pretty sure that your physic's teacher was using a Latin name for something, not your fault they didn't teach that or most other subject's at your school, so don't blame your education, blame it on who you associate with now, some on here are known to use bad taste then blame others.

Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2009, 23:30   #160
Senior Member+

Quote:
OXO
you keep mentioning gravy

I havent seen an OXO advert in years..... am i missing something?
Restless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2009, 00:06   #161
Give, give, give member

I still feel sorry for those poor kids.

Mum going to Iceland was bad enough, but mum going to Columbia means she'll be gone for weeks.

Old 26-08-2009, 09:00   #162
Resting in Peace

Quote:
I still feel sorry for those poor kids.

Mum going to Iceland was bad enough, but mum going to Columbia means she'll be gone for weeks.
Well at least they'll get some rest bite Rindi
Old 26-08-2009, 11:47   #163
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
I'm pretty sure that your physic's teacher was using a Latin name for something, not your fault they didn't teach that or most other subject's at your school, so don't blame your education, blame it on who you associate with now, some on here are known to use bad taste then blame others.

I went to a Roman Catholic school and sang in the choir in latin. I also study law which uses latin all the time. Not to mention still go to mass on a sunday. If I can't recognise latin by now then I might as well just dig my own grave!

In fact, I know quite a few phrases in latin as well. The one I used recently in my blog was Caelitus mihi vires. I really like that.
Old 26-08-2009, 11:47   #164
God Member

And some schools still teach latin.
Old 26-08-2009, 14:04   #165
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
And some schools still teach latin.
Yes, indeed they do, but it must be annoying when you have to go to one of the translating websites, to understand your lecturer's.

Let's face it Catholic or State School, they didn't go out of their way for you with such a language, you managed the confusion kick all on your own. (I'd give you karma points for it but you don't like anonymous!).
Less is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..