Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-08-2009, 10:21   #91
Give, give, give member

Re: Kerry Katona axed by Iceland

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
lets face it even without the drugs issue you cant blame iceland for dumping her..

the dumpy bitch was hardly the image they would want sending out advertising what somone will look like if they shopped at iceland as much as what they claimed she did in teh adverts

you never saw an inch of unoccupied table space when she had preppared food for her supposed 4 guests in teh adverts lol

not sayng their food is fattening but i ate one of tehir chicken burgers once and put 2 stone on :-(
She'll probably order a takeaway to be delivered this Christmas, when Coleen Nolan pops round.

Although Ms. Katona might be disappointed that the free coke that was advertised on the flyer, turns out to be something to drink.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 22-08-2009, 10:39   #92
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
She'll probably order a takeaway to be delivered this Christmas, when Coleen Nolan pops round.

Although Ms. Katona might be disappointed that the free coke that was advertised on the flyer, turns out to be something to drink.

i dunno because coke a cola got its name from actually having coke as one of its ingrediants

i bet she wishes it was still the same although snorting fizzy bubbles would tingle a bit i think lol

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2009, 13:20   #93
Super Moderator

She ought to go to Peru and try coca leaf tea (completely legal over there).

One cuppa and you're mellow. Sure beats PG Tips!
Old 22-08-2009, 14:47   #94
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
i dunno because coke a cola got its name from actually having coke as one of its ingrediants

i bet she wishes it was still the same although snorting fizzy bubbles would tingle a bit i think lol

Coca-Cola still use flavourings from the coca plant in their product. A company called The Stepan Company in the US are allowed to import the coca plant legally and they sell a non-narcotic part of the plant to Coca-Cola.

My dissertation is about Coca-Cola and all my friends associate me with the drink now! It's a bit silly but it is normally mentioned by me several times a day. Coke fiend right here apparently!
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2009, 14:50   #95
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazey View Post
Coca-Cola still use flavourings from the coca plant in their product. A company called The Stepan Company in the US are allowed to import the coca plant legally and they sell a non-narcotic part of the plant to Coca-Cola.

My dissertation is about Coca-Cola and all my friends associate me with the drink now! It's a bit silly but it is normally mentioned by me several times a day. Coke fiend right here apparently!
That explains a lot blazey
Old 22-08-2009, 14:53   #96
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
That explains a lot blazey
What does?
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2009, 14:54   #97
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazey View Post
Ah shame on her for not being the 'perfect' mum. How dare she subject her children to... wait a minute, what is the issue about her children?

I didn't get the impression she ever puts her children at risk of harm. I think her relationship with whatshisface is probably more damaging to her and the kids. He clearly makes her feel low about herself and she has to face constant criticism from people all the time. I can't blame her for wanting to let off steam. And it's cocaine, it's one of the most popular drugs in the country used by ordinary people just getting on with their lives and needing an extra kick. It's used all over the world recreationally and medically, the only difference is that someone can make money out of photographing her doing it.

I think that probably everyone has come into contact with someone who has done drugs at some point or been very tempted, who is a respectable person who appears to be a great parent or a loving child who would make their parents proud etc.

You can't even binge eat to make yourself feel better if you are a celebrity and let's face it, it's far more noticeable than the risk of being photographed snorting coke, so they might as well elevate their lives through drugs for what it's worth.

Drugs aren't good, but I wouldn't say she's bad either. Certainly not a bad mother.

agree with you 100% on every word you said there
Old 22-08-2009, 22:35   #98
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf View Post
Who is jordon? Who is Peter? Who is Kerry Catona? Who gives a ****?
Sums it all up perfectly.
Old 23-08-2009, 06:14   #99
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Sums it all up perfectly.
yep ...7 pages so far and you all joined in
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2009, 08:46   #100
Beacon of light

You and Tealeaf included.
So what is your point?
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2009, 09:33   #101
God Member

drugs are for mugs
Old 23-08-2009, 11:12   #102
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
drugs are for mugs
Think that sums it up perfectly CS
Old 23-08-2009, 11:14   #103
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
You and Tealeaf included.
So what is your point?
My point is quite simple. My first thought when I saw the title of this thread was that it most probably concerned a checkout girl or possibly even the manageress of Accy's Iceland food store who had just got the sack. As I read on however, I became somewhat baffled until it eventually transpired that the subject concerned some obscure Z list celebrity who it appears had been sticking talcum powder up her nose (or possibly somewhere else). A few other celebrity names cropped up, one of whom I vaguely recall as being that of some young lady with artificial breasts who regularly displayed the said items in various tabloid "newspapers". Who Peter is or was, I do not know nor do I care.

That so much has been posted about so little is a reflection not just on the idiots who have done so but also a reflection on Accy/Hyndburn itself. When there are far more pressing local issues to be debated and argued over we have instead had this nonsense. For all those of you who have contributed to this pathetic drivel - other than those who have rightly offered only ridicule - all I can say is that you are a reflection on the town and therefore it is no surprise that our once proud Borough is going further and further down the toilet pan.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2009, 11:57   #104
God Member

just leave Kerry Katona alone, not one of us is perfect and i think that if any of us where in the spotlight like she is we'd all have skeletons coming out of the closet, some more than others, concentrate on your own lives instead of constantly slating someone that not one of us knows, when it comes to it she's only human, we or our familes all have secrets that we dont wish to share with others so stop being hypocrits the lot of you
Old 23-08-2009, 12:02   #105
Beacon of light

But you still posted to something that you later deride us for posting to. If you don't think the subject that is posted is worthy, then the answer is very simple....don't post and the thread will die.

It seems from this post that you sit in judgement over what the rest of us do. Who died and made you King?
What are these pressing local issues you talk about?
And how will debating them make them better?
If you know so much about these pressing local issues, then why don't you post threads that you feel would make this borough better?

It is very easy to talk a place down when you don't actually live here.....OK, you may visit from time to time, but a visit gives you a different perspective than actually living here.
Now......I know this is a thread wander....and I apologise for that.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..