Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-10-2010, 19:20   #481
JCB

Re: Market Hall Refurbishment

In this long saga of the Market Hall Refurbishment where have the Opposition Party on the Council been ?

If the problems have been so bad I would have expected them to raise the Town Hall roof .

If there haven't been Council meetings surely there are other ways of making their voices heard , and I don't mean by going on Accy Web ,which is not a suitable platform from which to address concerns to all the people of Hyndburn . Hopefully , as more people get involved with the internet , in the future it will be .

Last edited by JCB; 01-10-2010 at 19:22.
JCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 01-10-2010, 19:28   #482
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
oh to be honest ive heard its ok, take more notice of real people than any old crap the observer print.
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebeanz View Post
Well lets just hope that Wednesdays are successful, if not then it will go back to 5 days in 3 months. Once again, I am not responsible for 6 day openings. I signed up to a 6 day lease myself. I really hope people on here will stop rather unfairly slandering me & my business based purely on who my father is.
The observer review was mostly positive which me & the team at Coffee Beanz are actually very proud of & it shows our hard work seems to be paying off. However, before suggesting it was in some way biased please note that there are a couple of negatives so if it was in fact biased, i would have preferred no negatives at all. lol.
If nobody really pays any attention to this then it will be my last post. There is no point fighting a losing battle on here, especially when it seems most of you have already made your judgements about me before meeting me, or even knowing me. So I hope this makes a difference.
yer talking crap where are "most" thats made there minds up,? i have criticized yer old man frequently n if ya took the trouble to digest the posts i and a few others aint made false judgements, perhaps yer gettin a bit paranoid? yer not used to peoples humour on here yet, but running away won't do ya any good IMHO. hope yer business is successful.
Old 01-10-2010, 19:42   #483
JCB

Quote:
There is no point fighting a losing battle on here
I disagree , coffeebeanz .

If you believe that what you say is right , don't give up if you feel you are losing the battle .

Think of all the causes that have been fought for against the odds , but were won in the end :-

The Battle of Britain .
The abolition of slavery .
Votes for women .
Civil Rights in America .
The downfall of the Soviet Empire .
The end of Apartheid.

Last edited by Neil; 03-10-2010 at 22:48. Reason: fixed quote
JCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 19:46   #484
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCB View Post

I disagree , coffeebeanz .

If you believe that what you say is right , don't give up if you feel you are losing the battle .

Think of all the causes that have been fought for against the odds , but were won in the end :-

The Battle of Britain .
Votes for women .
The end of Apartheid.
see someone else wi same point of view as me.
Old 01-10-2010, 20:05   #485
Beacon of light

And me...for what that is worth.
I don't think there is anything to be gained by running away.
I too, wish you success with your business, and congratulate you on the positive reviews in the Observer.

I just wish that the powers that be, had left it up to the individual stall holders as to whether they open on a Wednesday or not....and if this was not possible, then there should have been some financial incentive(such as a reduction in reents for the time the trial is on going) offered to induce them into opening on a Wednesday.

CoffeeBeanz, I hope you stay around.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 20:09   #486
God Member

Coffeefella, stick around even if it's only to prove people wrong
Old 01-10-2010, 20:18   #487
God Member

[quote=JCB;848961]
Quote:

The Battle of Britain .
Votes for women .
The end of Apartheid.
The Battle of Britain .......... OK will agree with you on this, though some would say it just delayed a "United Europe" by 50 years
The abolition of slavery ....... importation of low cost labour /loss of decent paying jobs for native population. Introduction of compulsory 6 day working week for Market hall traders
Votes for women ........ Margaret Thatcher, Harriet Harman
Civil Rights in America ......... Barrack Hussien Obama
The downfall of the Soviet Empire .......rampant increase of crime in Western Europe,
The end of Apartheid.........murder/crime rates in South Africa have increased by 1000% , Mugabe in Rhodesia/Zimbabwee , Mass exodus of educated productive professionals

Think you could have found better examples
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 21:44   #488

Don't know if anyone will agree with this. 6 day trial period will last right over christmas, which i reckon will be busy in most places therefore trial period deemed to be a success, bring 6 day opening all the time.
Just my opinion. what does everyone else think.
Alan Varrechia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 21:49   #489
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

would hope ya right alan, i doubt very much if 6 days in accy will be successful, any time of the year.
Old 01-10-2010, 22:02   #490

I just don't think they have picked any old three months. Be it 3/4/5 or 7 day opening the build up to christmas is bound to be busy, so when they look at the averages it will seem really good and bingo 6 days. It seems to me that the place is doomed, and it's such a pity, all because of one mans megolomania.
Alan Varrechia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 22:06   #491
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Varrechia View Post
I just don't think they have picked any old three months. Be it 3/4/5 or 7 day opening the build up to christmas is bound to be busy, so when they look at the averages it will seem really good and bingo 6 days. It seems to me that the place is doomed, and it's such a pity, all because of one mans megolomania.
Oh i agree wi that, if 6 days were to remain, its the end of what used to be a damn good market hall.IMHO.
Old 02-10-2010, 00:46   #492
Common Sense Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCB View Post
In this long saga of the Market Hall Refurbishment where have the Opposition Party on the Council been ?

If the problems have been so bad I would have expected them to raise the Town Hall roof .

If there haven't been Council meetings surely there are other ways of making their voices heard , and I don't mean by going on Accy Web ,which is not a suitable platform from which to address concerns to all the people of Hyndburn . Hopefully , as more people get involved with the internet , in the future it will be .
Well done on missing the front page of The Observer for the past two weeks, the various letters pages of the Lancashire Telegraph and all the online protests.

There's a big difference between making yourself heard and having the power to change foolhardy decisions. The ego at risk in this equation has now made such a rod for himself that he cannot possibly back down in February over 6 day trading.

http://hyndburn-labour.blogspot.co.uk/ - Updates from the Hyndburn Labour Group
Ken Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 07:35   #493
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Well lets just hope that Wednesdays are successful, if not then it will go back to 5 days in 3 months.
Although 'forced' to sign a contract, stating you'd open six days per week, do we take from that post that you do fully support the change?

The rumours, from those downstairs traders, unhappy at being forced to open against their will, seem to have some credence then.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 07:37   #494
Give, give, give member

Quote:
I really hope people on here will stop rather unfairly slandering me & my business
Care to illustrate that rather outlandish claim with any examples?

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 09:12   #495
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Well lets just hope that Wednesdays are successful, if not then it will go back to 5 days in 3 months.
oh good. please illustrate where this has been said,? am sure the long time traders are not aware this is the case, from what ive been told it will be reviewed in 3 months, a world of difference. this could be good tidings, even fer those who have made this 6 day week.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..