Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-04-2009, 20:45   #61
Senior Member+

Re: Missing dog

its so funny, the guy lost his dog, asked if anyone has seen the dog and then all of u manage to make a discussion that covers 4 pages in this forum, its unreal haha
Yolanda25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 10-04-2009, 20:53   #62
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yolanda25 View Post
its so funny, the guy lost his dog, asked if anyone has seen the dog and then all of u manage to make a discussion that covers 4 pages in this forum, its unreal haha
This is a discussion forum after all. His dog is no longer lost, everyone hopes he gets it back. We are just discussing the whole dog warden/escaped dog thing now.

What are your feeling on the £70 - do you think it is a good enough deterrent to keep dogs off the streets on their own?
Old 10-04-2009, 20:56   #63
God Member

Quote:
Yolanda you are spot on...this a dog who got lost.
Not a mugging...although I think the dog and it's owner have been mugged.
I think the answer has got to be, dont leave yourself open to the smart arsed comments from the chosen few who are hell bent on making a small issue into a catastophe.

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 21:00   #64
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royboy39 View Post
Yolanda you are spot on...this a dog who got lost.

We are all glad that the dog has been found.

Not a mugging...although I think the dog and it's owner have been mugged.

That is what we are debating now......the £70. Some think it's too much, others don't think it's enough.

I think the answer has got to be, dont leave yourself open to the smart arsed comments from the chosen few who are hell bent on making a small issue into a catastophe.
Thankfully, catastrophe was avoided thanks to a vigilant dog warden.

Edit......I've messed up with the quoting, all bits in blue are mine, not Royboy's

Last edited by Lilly; 10-04-2009 at 21:03.
Lilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 21:03   #65
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly View Post
Thankfully, catastrophe was avoided thanks to a vigilant dog warden.
I am not allowed to say Bullsh1t...but I will go for it anyway

Old 10-04-2009, 21:04   #66
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
This is a discussion forum after all. His dog is no longer lost, everyone hopes he gets it back. We are just discussing the whole dog warden/escaped dog thing now.

What are your feeling on the £70 - do you think it is a good enough deterrent to keep dogs off the streets on their own?

Im sorry to be rude but u werent only talking about the 70 pound charge, you were all talkin abot if a child gets out of wether he left the door open or wether it was the bin men, loads of expeculations( dont know if thats how its spelled) anyway the poor man made a mistake or the bin men did , who knows, who cares, the 70 pound charge, a disgrace! just give the poor bloke his dog back your thieving dog wardens!!
Old 10-04-2009, 21:13   #67
God Member

Quote:
Im sorry to be rude but u werent only talking about the 70 pound charge, you were all talkin abot if a child gets out of wether he left the door open or wether it was the bin men, loads of expeculations( dont know if thats how its spelled) anyway the poor man made a mistake or the bin men did , who knows, who cares, the 70 pound charge, a disgrace! just give the poor bloke his dog back your thieving dog wardens!!
Yolanda.....your logic makes perfect sense.

Old 10-04-2009, 21:32   #68
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
the 70 pound charge, a disgrace! just give the poor bloke his dog back your thieving dog wardens!!
Please don't be offensive to the Dog Warden, he is not a thief, unless you can prove otherwise, he is only doing his job. He has rules to follow and he is doing a good job. I was talking with him a couple of weeks ago and he was explaining that he spends quite a lot of time in schools educating children about dogs.

Something else for you to think about.

What are the odds that our one dog warden for the whole of the Borough, just happened to spot this dog?
More likely that one of Jae's neighbours reported that the dog was out to the dog warden who was then obliged to follow it up.
Old 10-04-2009, 21:40   #69
Senior Member+

£70 sounds about right to me, and the scenario that Neil has just mentioned sounds about right too. ( Bear in mind you can get a fine of about £60 for dropping a cigarette end, it's still a law that has been broken.)
Old 10-04-2009, 22:45   #70
God Member

teh law was broken by teh council employee who let it out then so they shoud foot teh bill or let it drop and give teh dog back

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 09:24   #71
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
teh law was broken by teh council employee who let it out then so they shoud foot teh bill or let it drop and give teh dog back
I agree with you
Old 11-04-2009, 10:17   #72
Resting in Peace

The one thing that's surprised me with his whole thread all four or so pages of it, is that nobody has blamed Peter Britcliffe
Old 11-04-2009, 10:26   #73
God Member

well I once had a dog ..I let it out one stormy eve .. he never came back...I often wonder if he found a new life with a lady dog and had children..anyways I blame Peter Britcliffe.

Last edited by andrewb; 11-04-2009 at 11:59. Reason: Bad language edited out
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 10:30   #74
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
Which law did the council employee break?
Old 11-04-2009, 10:39   #75
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by panther View Post
secondly the dog got out about 12:15 and was found, i think about 3 hrs later, ...what i dont understand is why they took it straight to the
If the dog was picked up before 5 p.m Panther (seems like Dog Warden's operating hours), then don't see the problem why he could not have returned it to the owner ... as per the guides laid down on the HBC site .. see my #8.
However, maybe, the dog didn't have a collar or was chipped ? This would be the only excuse for taking it to the kennels straight away. Jae hasn't been back on to give us any further details, which is a bit annoying .. mind you, perhaps doesn't want any more accusations of bad ownership, etc.

As for the binmen; if they were making a furniture collection, possibly Jae's household had asked them to collect on an open collection, which can be anytime within 10 days, so would have to leave the door unbarred.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..