Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-04-2009, 14:33   #121
God Member

Re: Missing dog

I didn't realise volunteering wasn't work. The job centre classifies volunteering as work. Unpaid work.

Unless I'm missing something.

I'd be pretty ****ed off if I had to keep going out to retrieve my dog because people with no manners couldn't be bothered to close my gate. At the end of the day, Jae lives with his elderly grandparents and they shouldn't have to keep getting up to close their gate just because the binmen can't be bothered.

I've always been told to leave a place as I found it. I thought the park has an animal area which presumably needs to be kept secure at all times. Maybe we should feed the animals crap and then blame you for having a fence that has gaps to poke things through? If the goats did damage to a person passing by you'd blame the person, you wouldn't take responsibility because you've asked people to show respect and follow the rules you have in place and you'd put all the liability on them.

I always thought in America that a collar was seen as a sort of licence on a dog and if it escaped they'd return it to you but if it had no collar it'd be a stray and they'd fine you for it.
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-04-2009, 14:40   #122
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazey View Post
If the goats did damage to a person passing by you'd blame the person, you wouldn't take responsibility because you've asked people to show respect and follow the rules you have in place and you'd put all the liability on them.
May I remind you that one of the goats did hurt someone and he was removed shortly afterwards.
Old 21-04-2009, 15:50   #123
God Member

Quote:
I always thought in America that a collar was seen as a sort of licence on a dog and if it escaped they'd return it to you but if it had no collar it'd be a stray and they'd fine you for it.

Guess you don't do geography at uni. Hyndburn isn't in America
Old 21-04-2009, 15:56   #124
God Member

Thanks Blazey.....I thought we'd put this thread to bed.

I could type more but would only be re-iterating the views I've already expressed.

Just three words will do.........Neil is right.
Old 21-04-2009, 15:58   #125
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Guess you don't do geography at uni. Hyndburn isn't in America
Dave, its blazey, you've got to make allowances

Last edited by jaysay; 21-04-2009 at 16:00.
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2009, 02:18   #126
God Member

I'm just putting forward an example of how an irresponsible dog owner is distinguished from one that is very responsible and loving to their pet. It's called comparative reflection.

Never mind though.

Neil can be classes as 'right' for all I care, because at the end of the day I know for a fact that he is wrong in this instance and should have kept his big cocky mouth shut in the first place.
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2009, 05:44   #127
God Member

Quote:
I didn't realise volunteering wasn't work. The job centre classifies volunteering as work. Unpaid work.

Unless I'm missing something.

I'd be pretty ****ed off if I had to keep going out to retrieve my dog because people with no manners couldn't be bothered to close my gate. At the end of the day, Jae lives with his elderly grandparents and they shouldn't have to keep getting up to close their gate just because the binmen can't be bothered.

I've always been told to leave a place as I found it. I thought the park has an animal area which presumably needs to be kept secure at all times. Maybe we should feed the animals crap and then blame you for having a fence that has gaps to poke things through? If the goats did damage to a person passing by you'd blame the person, you wouldn't take responsibility because you've asked people to show respect and follow the rules you have in place and you'd put all the liability on them.

say it again.. what you on about? a dog...it's like a season of Dallas.. sort yer life out.

Last edited by Mancie; 25-04-2009 at 05:46.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2012, 09:20   #128

Lost this morning around pot house lane area small white Jack russel puppy answers to the name of milly .
Please phone 07952513618
bondi38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2012, 12:10   #129
Senior Member+

I hope you find it soon.
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2012, 12:30   #130
Beacon of light

Hope the puppy turns up safe and sound very soon.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2012, 14:10   #131

Thankyou everyone the puppy has been found the person that found her is just returning her to her home so all is well and happy
bondi38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2012, 14:32   #132

Good news.
Michael1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2012, 15:49   #133
Beacon of light

Glad to hear that the little dog is found.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..