Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2009, 10:49   #76
God Member

Re: Missing dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post

As for the binmen; if they were making a furniture collection, possibly Jae's household had asked them to collect on an open collection, which can be anytime within 10 days, so would have to leave the door unbarred.
Panther said earlier that it was a furniture collection so yes, they would have had to leave the door unlocked.

The binmen should have closed the door behind them but didn't, which is bad manners but not against the law as far as I am aware.

Even if the binmen had closed the gate behind them the dog could still have escaped in this scenario if it had darted out past the binmen as soon as they opened the gate.

I can't see how the dog getting out could possibly be the fault of the binmen.

I am not accusing Jae of bad ownership at all. I just think he made a mistake in this instance. The dog should not have been unsecured in the yard when a collection was due.
Accrington Web
Old 11-04-2009, 11:11   #77
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly View Post
The binmen should have closed the door behind them but didn't, which is bad manners but not against the law as far as I am aware.
Maybe the binman did close the gate and someone else opened it later. Not fair to accuse the binmen unless you have proof they left it open.
Old 11-04-2009, 11:12   #78
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
If the dog was picked up before 5 p.m Panther (seems like Dog Warden's operating hours), then don't see the problem why he could not have returned it to the owner ... as per the guides laid down on the HBC site .. see my #8.
You are assumming this is the first time the dog has been picked up - it might not be.
Old 11-04-2009, 11:13   #79
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Maybe the binman did close the gate and someone else opened it later. Not fair to accuse the binmen unless you have proof they left it open.

ok lets up the aunty now and totaly take the urine

time to get grism and his cerw in for finger print and DNA analasys

shoudl get another 3 or 4 pages now while we bicker about how grism is actually retired now or which CSI team would be best for teh job

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 11:22   #80
God Member

Quote:
Very true......never thought of that. We are just assuming the binmen left the gate open, aren't we?

Sorry, binmen, if you didn't leave the gate open.
Old 11-04-2009, 11:23   #81
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
ok lets up the aunty
LOL......Whose aunty?
Old 11-04-2009, 19:35   #82
Resting in Peace

Quote:

'The first time a dog is caught straying, the dog wardens will try to trace the owners and return it.
Any other stray will be kept safely for up to seven days.'

Just trying to clarify this statement for future reference that's all ... bit ambiguous .. not actually saying whether they will take it straight to the kennels or not ... just they will attempt to try and find the owner.

Quote:
You are assumming this is the first time the dog has been picked up - it might not be.
Not assuming anything Neil ... this point did cross my mind too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly View Post
Panther said earlier that it was a furniture collection so yes, they would have had to leave the door unlocked.

Even if the binmen had closed the gate behind them the dog could still have escaped in this scenario if it had darted out past the binmen as soon as they opened the gate.

I can't see how the dog getting out could possibly be the fault of the binmen.

I am not accusing Jae of bad ownership at all. I just think he made a mistake in this instance. The dog should not have been unsecured in the yard when a collection was due.
I agree ... is the owner's responsibility ... just a bad mistake, just can understand how it may have happened if on an open collection, trying to make the lad feel a little better.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 19:46   #83
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

Quote:
Yes it is the first time the dog has been picked up!

Quote:
Know we have covered this ground before, but does say on the Hyndburn

'The first time a dog is caught straying, the dog wardens will try to trace the owners and return it.
Any other stray will be kept safely for up to seven days.'
Well they didnt did they
Old 11-04-2009, 19:59   #84
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by panther View Post

Well they didnt did they
So the dog wasn't chipped and didn't have a collar on, not exactly easiest thing in the world to trace where it has come from without either of those.
Old 11-04-2009, 20:00   #85
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by panther View Post
It might be worth mentioning that this is the first time and that he thought there was no charge first time.

Even better if anyone can find a link saying that you don't pay first time. I had a little look but find HBC's webpage not very easy to find info.
Old 11-04-2009, 20:07   #86
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsay ormerod View Post
So the dog wasn't chipped and didn't have a collar on, not exactly easiest thing in the world to trace where it has come from without either of those.
It was the warden that rung them to say they had found him.
Old 11-04-2009, 20:18   #87
Senior Member+

Ok, so the dog warden found the dog and knew where it lived but made no effort to take it back, is that what we are saying here?
So either the dog warden failed in his duty to try and reunite the dog and owner or it wasn't the first time it had happened.
Questions should be asked of the dog warden, maybe the dog had done something in it's time of freedom that gave cause for concern, difficult to know without the full info, either way , it's not the binmens fault, end of.
Old 11-04-2009, 20:24   #88
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsay ormerod View Post
Ok, so the dog warden found the dog and knew where it lived but made no effort to take it back, is that what we are saying here?
So either the dog warden failed in his duty to try and reunite the dog and owner or it wasn't the first time it had happened.
That's not what I am saying Lindsay, the dog warden did obviously get in touch with the owner (according to Panther's post), so must have had some identification on it.

Just that the statement on the HBC website, makes it sound like the Dog Warden will get in touch with the owner before taking to the kennels and therefore would not incur the charge. That's what is not very clear.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 20:38   #89
Senior Member+

Quote:
That's not what I am saying Lindsay, the dog warden did obviously get in touch with the owner (according to Panther's post), so must have had some identification on it.

Just that the statement on the HBC website, makes it sound like the Dog Warden will get in touch with the owner before taking to the kennels and therefore would not incur the charge. That's what is not very clear.
That's what I was getting at, if the warden knew where it lived and there is a procedure in place then he should have followed it; either he hasn't followed the procedure or something else has happened to make him keep the dog in kennels. Very odd.
Old 11-04-2009, 20:38   #90
Passed away 25-11-09

Where is the dog now? Has the charge been paid and is the dog back home?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..