Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-04-2009, 22:57   #31
Senior Member+

Re: Missing dog

I think that it's sad. This chap has looked after his dog for eleven or twelve years and now through no fault of his own he has to pay out seventy quid to get it back.

The council must be able to see that it is well looked after so why can't they just reunite the pair of them. Makes my blood boil.

So much muck to eat before you die
junetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 09-04-2009, 23:07   #32
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
He told me that it was 1 child per week in the UK. I was shocked that 52 children each year go blind by something that is preventable by looking after you dog correctly
Of course it is sad Neil .. can be cats too ... but just thought was not fair to put this up in this particular thread ... like you were blaming Jae for this. Can all come up with something controversial as this. Maybe, we could find out how many people are saved by the skills of dogs too .. like sniffer dogs, and the good that dogs for the blind do, etc.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 23:19   #33
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
No need to be pedantic, I am aware that disabled people get assistance but don't think Jay is disabled but am sure somebody will correct me if I'm wrong.
Eky peck thats a fancy word, (pedantic) for mid week, I would have thought that was a Sunday word, can I borrow it sometime.
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 23:20   #34
Senior Member+

Well said, Katex. Responsible dog owners clear up behind them as we do. I've just read another thread which you have contributed to. Poor dogs searching for a new home.

I do hope that Jae gets his dog back.

So much muck to eat before you die
junetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 23:29   #35
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retlaw View Post
Eky peck thats a fancy word, (pedantic) for mid week, I would have thought that was a Sunday word, can I borrow it sometime.
Anytime matey But surely if anybody who knew the bin men were going to have to come into the yard would make sure their dog was secure.
Old 09-04-2009, 23:38   #36
God Member

Quote:
He told me that it was 1 child per week in the UK. I was shocked that 52 children each year go blind by something that is preventable by looking after you dog correctly
Don't doubt what you were told , but think if there was any real truth in it the Sun/Mirror/Daily Mail would be having a "Blind Child of the Week" in every Friday edition

re. the missing dog , glad you got it back , but (without knocking anyone) wonder about the dog straying ....surely an 11 yr old dog has been trained to stay within its own/owners boundaries , unless he was smelling a bitch somewhere local ....then I would go after the bitchs owner for the kennel fees , no offense intended
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 23:50   #37
God Member

Quote:
Did you know in this country 1 child every week goes blind from catching toxocara from dog dirt? That was one of the interesting facts I learnt while chatting with our dog warden the other week.
yup dog poop and cat poop contain toxocara which can cause and does cause blindness in children

however most dog owners are resposible and clean up after their dogs mess or their dogs do their mess in their own yards or gardens

if the figure is 1 child going blind a week from dog dirt there must be a hell of alot more kids been blinded by cat dirt because cats poop not only in their litter trays but in every one elses gardens where poeples kids play and also everywhere else a cat can roam

i see people cleaning up after their dogs but i have yet to see somone running around the neighbourhood cleaning up after their cat

bah filthy bloomin cratures shoud be shot on sight

ps:

i own neither a cat or a dog because i dont fancy fiddleing around with poop , if your not preppared to clean up after your pet dont have a pet

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 23:55   #38
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Something else the dog warden said.

It only takes one irresponsible dog owner to let the dog out on its own and you have a big problem in an area. If a dog delivers 2 or 3 nasty packages each day that's between 14 and 21 in a week. I think you will agree that is a lot of mess in a small area.
Old 10-04-2009, 00:03   #39
Senior Member+

As I understand it the refuse collection is from back alleys, if that's not the case then fine, but how do the binmen have access to your yard and how is it their responsibility if you have a dog in there?
If they need access to your backyard to get to your bin you should consider that and make sure the dog is secured when they need to be in there.
If your dog isn't chipped and gets found I would consider it good luck, if you haven't bothered getting him chipped, even more good luck.
To be honest you are lucky that the dog hasn't turned up as a fatality on a road , or caused a road traffic accident, pay the bill, learn your lesson and buy a big bolt for your gate.
Old 10-04-2009, 00:04   #40
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:

It only takes one irresponsible dog owner to let the dog out on its own and you have a big problem in an area. If a dog delivers 2 or 3 nasty packages each day that's between 14 and 21 in a week. I think you will agree that is a lot of mess in a small area.
Are you Margaret in disguise?
Old 10-04-2009, 00:07   #41
God Member

Quote:

so just imagine how much cats are leaving about the place then, if their not pooping all over the place they are chucking up green puke plus what ever other vile things they have picked up routing through rubbish.

yes i agree dogs can make a right mess and irrispoisible owners will leave it for somone to step in but lets face it theres easily way more poop left abandoned by cats because most cats are slung out the house and teh only time an owner sees them is when they put out a plate of food for them

yes i know there are a FEW people who keep house cats and tehy never leave the house but the majority are left to go and poop wherever they please and everyone else has to clean up after their pets for them

cat owners would soon complain if i started useing their garden as a toilet so why shoud we have to tolerate their pets using our gardens as toilets?

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 00:12   #42
Senior Member+

My cats don't leave the house much, Eric never goes further than the gate, they use a litter tray and are very clean animals,cleaner than some humans I know. They don't get put out at night and are very much part of the family. Some folk like cats , some folk don't, I do !
Old 10-04-2009, 00:16   #43
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Are you Margaret in disguise?
How did you guess?
Old 10-04-2009, 00:19   #44
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsay ormerod View Post
Eric never goes further than the gate
Its a good job he would scare little children. It would be like Bodmin moor in Accy

Old 10-04-2009, 00:23   #45
God Member

Quote:
How did you guess?
Neil is not my love child
I never messed with politicians

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..