Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-02-2008, 15:32   #16
God Member

Re: Oswaldtwistle Civic Theatre

I've sang at the theatre but I haven't been for a long time, a lot of the shows dont seem to be that interesting otherwise i'd go more often. I think they need better advertising to the locals and such.
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 03-02-2008, 15:33   #17
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazey View Post
I've sang at the theatre but I haven't been for a long time, a lot of the shows dont seem to be that interesting otherwise i'd go more often. I think they need better advertising to the locals and such.

Can I email you a form so that your views can be documented?

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 15:34   #18
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle View Post
Can I email you a form so that your views can be documented?
of course you can, you should be able to email me through the forum but if I dont get the form i'll send you a pm and let you know.
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 20:19   #19
Full Member+

You can send me one and I`ll try to remember to check my e-mails more than once a fortnight! Oh I also owe you Karma cos you reminded me to update my e-mail address but apparently I`ve already given you to much
Old 04-02-2008, 11:58   #20
Senior Member+

You can send me one Gayle, new email addy on my profile. ta.
Old 04-02-2008, 12:07   #21
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ski View Post
Can the money not be spent on eradicating vandalism, drunk and disorderly behaviour and the drug culture that is growing in the area?
One way to do as you suggest is to give the people something to do instead of hanging about on the street. Making better use of the Theatre could do that.

I mentioned car parking on my questionnaire Gayle, I think it is a big issue if you want to encourage people from further afield to use the Theatre, especially with the recently proposed resident parking around the Theatre.
Old 04-02-2008, 13:40   #22
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

thats a good idea neil,wasn't aware of the residential parking scheme.
Old 04-02-2008, 14:03   #23
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
thats a good idea neil,wasn't aware of the residential parking scheme.
Good for who, residents or Theatre visitors?
Old 04-02-2008, 14:10   #24
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Good for who, residents or Theatre visitors?
visitors cos if ya want to attract outsiders, then discussion about how to make it attractive to come,is a must. it aint in the best place in the world for parking,
Old 04-02-2008, 15:06   #25
God Member

Hold on there!!!!! -----In 1972 I had the misfortune to live for one year in the gable end house right next to the miniscule Ossy Town Hall car park.
The proposed parking scheme is for RESIDENTS and is 35 years overdue!!!!!!
MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 09:38   #26
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Hold on there!!!!! -----In 1972 I had the misfortune to live for one year in the gable end house right next to the miniscule Ossy Town Hall car park.
nobodys knocking that,its certainly needed,this is a seperate issue n i presume the funds from a differant source.
Old 07-02-2008, 10:00   #27
God Member

If the land next to the Town Hall (where the old folks home was) hadn't been sold off, it would have been an ideal site for a car park, and would have been an encouragement to attend any shows, functions and make use of arts facilities.
As it is now, lack of car parking facilities just causes irritation and inconvenience to residents. When I lived there it was not unknown to have park several streets away from home when there was something on at the Town Hall.
MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 10:07   #28
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

if they did change it into a carpark, you would get all the parents from the school kids parking on it during the day to pick em up too, which wouldnt be a bad thing either
Old 07-02-2008, 10:20   #29
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Whilst I agree that the lack of parking for visitor's to the Theatre is probably one of the biggest turn-offs, don't agree with Residents' Parking .. why should anyone be allowed to 'purchase' a parking space outside their property on a public road. If everyone did it .. we would never be able to visit anywhere !

It will only mean that visitor's will have to move further along to other streets .. just shifting it, that's all it will do, not overcoming the problem. Was a shame though Margaret that the Council did not acquire the land next to it.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 10:35   #30
God Member

Whilst I realise parking is a big issue in some respects I do wonder whether it isn't a red herring of sorts.

I mean, if you go to Manchester to the theatre are you ever able to park right next to the theatre itself, or Blackburn for that matter? There is tons of parking available at Ossy Mills which theatre goers can use and walk up (probably about the same distance as from the Arndale car park in Manchester to the Royal Exchange) or the car park behind the shops on Union Rd, very close by - or for a while the car park at Rhyddings School was open for use but no one used it (choosing instead to park in front of residential homes).

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..