Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31-07-2008, 13:20   #61
God Member

Re: Ouch ! 35% price hike from British Gas

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
like ive said countless times, WHY have we got to this? never any response from certain sections is there?
You will not get a response... the tories only come out when the going is good for them..they are creepy crawly types ..
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 31-07-2008, 13:23   #62
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
You will not get a response... the tories only come out when the going is good for them..they are creepy crawly types ..
now thats being very unkind to Slugs.
Old 31-07-2008, 13:26   #63
God Member

.........anyway, these price rises, i got the martin Lewis emergency email on friday about this so i swapped to a capped tarrif from e-on immediately,they have`nt gone up yet but will any day so i got in there just in time, at least i escaped rip off British gas.......
pipinfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2008, 13:32   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipinfort View Post
.........anyway, these price rises, i got the martin Lewis emergency email on friday about this so i swapped to a capped tarrif from e-on immediately,they have`nt gone up yet but will any day so i got in there just in time, at least i escaped rip off British gas.......

Thanks for sharing your Emergency E-mail with us
Old 31-07-2008, 14:00   #65
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnyboy View Post
Thanks for sharing your Emergency E-mail with us
Try this:

Money Saving Expert: Consumer Revenge - Credit Cards, Shopping, Bank Charges, Cheap Flights and more

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2008, 14:18   #66
God Member

Mmm, just a thought Cashman and teh other Cyfr bashers,

This is the longest Labour goverment for a seriously long time, why haven't they reveresed it by now if privatisation was so bad for the country? You support this shower out of a similar blind loyalty that Cyfr supports his lot. There seems to be many policies that you like to blame on Maggie but Tony and Gordon have done nothing to reverse.

I'd agree that we currently don't seem to have a particularly 'good' choice of opposition but looking around the world I don't think we are alone in that.

So, what do we do, reduce our consumption of gas? difficult for some and I can see an issue of people doing exactly what margaret has alluded to i.e. burning stuff, waste, etc. this will make a mockery of the clean smokeless environment that we have known this last 30 years or so.

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2008, 14:30   #67
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by entwisi View Post
Mmm, just a thought Cashman and teh other Cyfr bashers,

This is the longest Labour goverment for a seriously long time, why haven't they reveresed it by now if privatisation was so bad for the country? You support this shower out of a similar blind loyalty that Cyfr supports his lot. There seems to be many policies that you like to blame on Maggie but Tony and Gordon have done nothing to reverse.

I'd agree that we currently don't seem to have a particularly 'good' choice of opposition but looking around the world I don't think we are alone in that.
as fer why they aint reversed it, i have given my opinion numerous times in threads, obviously ya aint seen em, cos i reckon it would have registered with you ian.
Old 31-07-2008, 14:32   #68
God Member

so for my benefit and that of the context of this discussion would you care to repeat them?

Old 31-07-2008, 14:37   #69
Senior Member+

The answer is quite simple. We have 'middle of the road' politics today, which is something we've been fed for a long time. Extreme ideologies (meaning left and right) are massively unpopular today and the big parties know that. The result is that we are served two (possibly three) options every 4 or 5 years which basically taste the same, but are labelled differently on the political menu.
Old 31-07-2008, 14:38   #70
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by entwisi View Post
so for my benefit and that of the context of this discussion would you care to repeat them?
no cos i have already said it in this thread, see post 44. i was obviously wrong, ya aint read this thread.
Old 31-07-2008, 14:56   #71
God Member

No society will ever stand still, even language evolves, to say we are where we are purely because of whatever political persuasions have come and gone is like saying I can steer my car by blowing on the wheel.

If we had nationalised teh industries soon after teh labou victory we would be in a different position to where we are now, whether that would be better or worse is open to discussion but will never be known for sure. who knows, if maggie hadn't got there first Tony might have done it himself to raise the funds to implement his dreams for the labour future.

Old 31-07-2008, 15:44   #72

im sure some of you will remember Sid, you know, that half baked twonk in the BG privatisation adverts. well , here we are, now importing the stuff from europe. so much for Mrs T and her share owning society. id burn the bitch at the stake, (with coal imported from east europe). or alternetivly kick her down a mineshaft, along with all her other cronies, such as the repugnant peter lilley, tebbit, parkinson, gorman, archer et al.
den the menace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2008, 15:54   #73
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royboy39 View Post
The Divies in power can't buy them back............they have no money.
What we need is a good old fashioned dictatorship, they would just take them back then
Old 31-07-2008, 15:59   #74

I am late joining this thread and must say I think you have all diversified too far from the main point. Politicians love it when we do this cos it means the real topic never gets throughly discussed.
So back to topic: British Gas made a profit of 571 million pounds last year(Source todays Times). Why cant they re invest some of this considerable amount of money to keep their customers costs down. If they will not do it voluntarily they should be made to do so.
polly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2008, 16:05   #75
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by polly View Post
I am late joining this thread and must say I think you have all diversified too far from the main point. Politicians love it when we do this cos it means the real topic never gets throughly discussed.
So back to topic: British Gas made a profit of 571 million pounds last year(Source todays Times). Why cant they re invest some of this considerable amount of money to keep their customers costs down. If they will not do it voluntarily they should be made to do so.
If they reduced the payout to their shareholders, those shareholders would sell the shares and buy some others, and that could lead to company collapse.
I believe thats how it works and I dont like it either

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..