Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-03-2005, 16:28   #31
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Re: Pakdasht justice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug
Maybe some of the residents of the open prison system should be put to work in assisting finding the child.
Then we would end up spending even more money on helping the 'poor souls' get over the trauma of having been used in such an inhumane manner, Cut out the middle men send the so called counsellors out in one big group to do the searching & they can help each other overcome the upset as they are going along.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 17-03-2005, 16:32   #32
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug
Why the **** should it be acceptable that sometimes the innocent must suffer. Where’s the Justice in that?
But it's the same with people wrongly imprisoned.

On a smaller scale (and speaking from experience), it's the same with people who have to claim on their motor insurance and bear the cost of higher premiums, loss of no-claims bonus and all the other various costs in such a loss.

The innocent always suffer in one way or another.

I am all for bringing capital punishment back, even if the odd innocent person is wrongly convicted. If executing a convicted murderer/rapist (Ian Huntley, anyone?) stops one person from committing such an offence due to the penalty that is likely to be imposed, then surely that must be seen as an effective way of reducing crime?

vorlon24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2005, 16:34   #33
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less
Then we would end up spending even more money on helping the 'poor souls' get over the trauma of having been used in such an inhumane manner, Cut out the middle men send the so called counsellors out in one big group to do the searching & they can help each other overcome the upset as they are going along.
Point taken less, you have to start some where I agree. Personally I'd employ the counsellors on more constructive duties like retraining them to deal with the after shot suffered by the victims.....Prison should be a punishment, If you what to rehabilitate some one do it through public service.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2005, 16:38   #34
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vorlon24
I am all for bringing capital punishment back, even if the odd innocent person is wrongly convicted. If executing a convicted murderer/rapist (Ian Huntley, anyone?) stops one person from committing such an offence due to the penalty that is likely to be imposed, then surely that must be seen as an effective way of reducing crime?
Yeah, providing you aren’t the poor innocent ba****d that got hanged. Would you share the same opinion if you yourself were wrongly convicted?

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 17-03-2005, 16:39   #35
Give, give, give member

[QUOTE] The innocent always suffer in one way or another.

Like l said, just hope it's me on your jury if you or one of your's is wrongly brought before the Courts, and faces execution, on the premise that some innocents must suffer.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2005, 16:44   #36
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by g78
Im afraid I don't agree with the whole 'corporal punishment' act. I just don't see how morally we can condone taking a life of someone who has already taken a life. To me it is double standards.
And what is the alternative? We give someone "life imprisonment", do we not? And how long is life imprisnment? 8 or 10 years at the most And what happens then? We let 'em out. And what do they do then? Meet up with a 'friend' and take him home for dinner. And what's on the menu? Brains fried in butter.

I am sick and tired of reading of various murderers who have been released after their sentance was up who have subsequently gone on to murder again. The moral is quite simple - hanging murderers protects innocent lives.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2005, 16:45   #37
God Member

It's funny isn't it, how there seem to have been an awful lot more Miscarriages of Justice since the abolition of capital punishment than there ever were before it. it certainly seems like the court of appeal is in permanent session these days.

It strikes me, that the way the system is set up today there would actually be very little chance of ever hanging anyone. Funny that the US seem to be able to get the job done without too many mistakes being made.
Old 17-03-2005, 16:53   #38
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acrylic-bob
It's funny isn't it, how there seem to have been an awful lot more Miscarriages of Justice since the abolition of capital punishment than there ever were before it. it certainly seems like the court of appeal is in permanent session these days.

It strikes me, that the way the system is set up today there would actually be very little chance of ever hanging anyone. Funny that the US seem to be able to get the job done without too many mistakes being made.
1/ Dead men don't talk.[So can't complain about miscarriages of justice.]
2/US the murder capital of the world, where they have capital punishment?

3/Nothing, nothing is ever black and white.

Old 17-03-2005, 16:54   #39
Senior Member+

1. Good point. Also saves taxpayers money
2. More people, so likely to be more crime
3. Tell that to a zebra

vorlon24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2005, 16:57   #40
g78

At the end of the day, corporal punishment comes down to whether or not you are willing to see someone killed to get your justice.
Old 17-03-2005, 16:58   #41
God Member

Who recalls all that fuss about Hanratty and the A6 murders? For years and years we had high profile campaigners - Ludovic Kennedy, Paul Foot and all the rest of the trendy lefty riff-raff - complaining that Hanratty was an innocent man wronged by his hanging. "he could'nt have been at the Rape/Murder scene" they said "witnesses placed him at a hotel in North Wales". What happened with the advance of DNA? His body was dug u and a sample taken to check against a crime scene DNA sample. Result? Perfect match.

If the do-gooders had have been around in the 1960's then this guy would eventually have alked free only to commit a similar dastardly crime once again.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2005, 17:02   #42
Give, give, give member

In nature or science, trust me there is no such thing as black and white.

I have this from the Zebras mouth.

Old 17-03-2005, 17:10   #43
God Member

No, I'm sorry. I'm fed up with being nice and reasonable. We have been doing that for long enough and it has gotten us nowhere.
Once of a day, gun crime was virtually unheard of in this country, how times change! Why? Because the criminal classes know that the bleeding heart liberals, while not approving of their wrongdoing, neverthless will bend over backwards to try and "understand" them and arrange a suitable programme of rehabilitation and education to try and turn them into caring sharing members of the community. While the victim is, more often than not, left to pick up the pieces and carry on as best they can.

You can stuff liberalism! I am sick to the back teeth of having to accomodate the incompetant, the socially inadequate, the Idle and the feckless. I am sick of having to carry them and having to fork out my hard earned money to clean up after them.

Last edited by Acrylic-bob; 17-03-2005 at 17:11.
Acrylic-bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2005, 17:10   #44
Member.

Let’s follow the line drawn by A-B regarding the homage paid to be overzealous cousins and have a democratic vote on the matter. I don’t know how it’s done so someone else will have to tug on the rope….Can we include the question

Would you be happy to be the unfortunate b*****d who was innocent, but still hanged in the pursuit of justice…..….

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -

Last edited by Doug; 17-03-2005 at 17:11.
Old 17-03-2005, 17:13   #45
God Member

That's silly Doug, obviously nobody is going to vote to be hanged.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..