Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-03-2005, 07:31   #1

Pakdasht justice?

Grisly end for a pervert Flogged ... killer lashed 100 times
FULL NEWS INDEX
A SERIAL killer is flogged before being hanged in front of a cheering crowd of 3,000 Iranians yesterday.

Mohammad Bijeh raped and murdered 21 people, mainly boys.

He evaded cops for two years because he targeted kids of illegal Afghan refugees, too afraid to report them missing.

Bijeh was lashed 100 times before the brother of a victim stabbed him in the back.

The mum of another slapped Bijeh before putting the noose around his neck. He was then hanged in Pakdasht’s main square.

Barbaric...yes - but at least he's no danger to anyone else now. I just found this so unbelievable, especially when you comapre with our softly softly approach in the UK.
What do others think?

Last edited by Mick; 17-03-2005 at 10:09.
-pixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 17-03-2005, 07:57   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Pakdasht justice?

I agree with this punishment pixie, we should have this here.
Then maybe people would think twice before doing wrong. Make punnishment fit the crime.
Old 17-03-2005, 08:16   #3
Member.

Eastern justice is often severe and in cases like this perhaps quite rightly. I’m not sure if it would make people think twice thought. The one thing that is for sure, is that they wouldn’t get 18 years and do 30 months so they can do it again……I think we are far to soft in this country, but this would be going back 700 years. Life should mean life, and by that I mean every last precious drop should be spent suffering.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2005, 08:18   #4

That's what you call justice!!!

The most wasted day of all is that on which we have not laughed .......Sebastine Chamford
fibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2005, 08:33   #5
Senior Member+

They should bring back capital punishment

vorlon24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2005, 08:47   #6

It may be harsh but that burger won't be doing it again,bring back hanging and the stocks!

wayneyboy1942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2005, 08:48   #7
I am Banned

when they told that pervert he was off the hook he thought he had got away with his crime

edit:

that joke is no longer relevant because the picture of the guy hanging from a crane hook has been removed

Last edited by chav1; 17-03-2005 at 11:06.
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2005, 10:27   #8
Give, give, give member

Should Michael Jackson face the same punishment if he's found guilty, even after the prosecution witnesses have continually contradicted themselves?

Not a statement, just a question.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2005, 10:35   #9
Give, give, give member

P.S. Adulterers in the same country are regularly stoned to death.

Theives,[including those that bought the stolen goods] regularly have hands chopped off.

Makes you think.' Let he without sin cast the first stone......'

Old 17-03-2005, 12:15   #10
Senior Member+

Not with out his hand he can't

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2005, 12:46   #11

Just a note to the two spinless pillocks that chose to deduct karma - this was copied from a national newspaper and I thought it would make for good discussion. You can't just "not look" at unpleasant happenings in the world. I *do* apologise if for one moment it made you wake up from your pink fluffy little wonderland.
Old 17-03-2005, 12:58   #12
Resident Waffler

I think your post is very valid and it makes us stop and think about the way things are done here as opposed to elsewhere. I'm not sure I'd like to see this happening here but I do agree that pinishment here has ceased to be very punishing. How can it be considered a punishment when murderers can obtain a university degree whilst in prison - somehting they would never have been able to manage out in the real world. Going to jail has given them an advantage in life. Something wrong there somewhere.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2005, 13:49   #13
God Member

String the lot of em up, pour l'encourager les autres, as the detestable French have it.

Last edited by Acrylic-bob; 17-03-2005 at 14:00.
Acrylic-bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2005, 14:13   #14
Give, give, give member

Pixie the people that deducted karma are stupid, it is a very good thread and you have a valid point.

l've only ever wanted to deduct karma once and l signed it, but l suppose it gives them a power trip. Watch mine fall now! Lol.

Old 17-03-2005, 15:00   #15
God Member

The thing that really annoys me about the Criminal Justice System is that we spend Millions catching the the bu**ers, then millions more prosecuting and defending them, yet more millions in compensation to their Victims, and unbelievable amounts in keeping them in prison, and then even more Millions in keeping an eye on them once they come out of prison. And then, as if all that were not enough, to put the tin hat on things, we have to go through the process all over again when the bu**ers re-offend.

This is not to mention the amounts we spend on building prisons, prison staff, courts staff, the police, the judiciary and the exhorbitant amounts we pay solicitors and barristers. And then of course there is the obscene amounts the Appeals system costs us.

How much better off would we be, all round, if corporal and capital punishment were re-introduced?

And another thing, I think that any immigrant brought before the courts for whatever reason should be automatically deported along with their relatives and dependants.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..