Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-03-2005, 13:59   #76
I am Banned

Re: Pakdasht justice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alice
Ghandi said "An eye for an eye makes us all blind"

I'd like to suggest a middle ground though. Those found guilty could be given a life/death sentence with a maximum time (say 3yrs) in which to make their appeals. After that the sentence is carried out - no questions. This would be carried out in private with no public audience.

Also I would limit amount they could get for legal aid. If they wanted more they'd have to get some "bleeding heart liberal" to back them.
familys should have the right to see the rapist of their children put to death like they do in america

hell why not make executions pay per view on sky box office to help pay towards the cost of the trial and compensate the victims
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 18-03-2005, 14:37   #77
Senior Member+

That last comment is just sick, Chav.

Sick as it is though, there would probably be people out there who would be prepared to pay for it.

vorlon24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2005, 14:59   #78
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by vorlon24
That last comment is just sick, Chav.

Sick as it is though, there would probably be people out there who would be prepared to pay for it.
if it helps take the costs away from us and puts a bit of cash in the victims familys pockets i would support it
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2005, 18:22   #79

Quote:
Originally Posted by chav1
familys should have the right to see the rapist of their children put to death like they do in america
I agree that families/victims etc should be able to attend but if we're going to put it on show to anyone else we have to be careful how it's presented. Yes we want a deterrent but we need to be careful not to turn it into a sideshow.
Old 21-03-2005, 21:41   #80
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acrylic-bob
I disagree there Alice, I think Justice should not only be done, but be seen to be done, otherwise you lessen it's deterrent effect.

I do agree with a limit on the time and funding allowed for appeals though.
It depends on who decides what Justice is. Lets not forget that in a democratic election the Germans elected the Nazi party. Their justice included the extermination of not only Jews, but political opponents, homosexuals, gypsies and the disabled. Should their execution of 'justice' been seen to be done as well?

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2005, 06:11   #81
God Member

No one here is proposing the adoption of eugenics or racially based genocide. The debate is about the restoration of the death penalty for the crime of murder, which we seemed to manage pretty well in this country until it's abolition in the 1960's. What gives you the impression that we are about to rush down the same path as germany did in the 1930's?
Old 22-03-2005, 06:17   #82
Give, give, give member

Justice in the Middle East was the original subject, this' ideal' seems to change both globally and historically, thereore whose justice are we to witness, re :' justice needs to be seen to be done?'

Old 22-03-2005, 06:26   #83
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf
yeah, the figures do speak for themselves....burglary is one-third of British levels, crime against the person also one third of British levels, motor theft half UK levels, serious gun crime resticted to ethnics within the inner-city areas, entire counties within certain states crime free for the last 20 years or so.

Give me the US crime experiance anyday.
Today's breaking news- A juvenile [age not yet released] shoots dead 9 people, and wounds 10 others in Minnesota.
1/ Did he do it because there's no death penalty in this State?
2/Are there any Counties in Minnesota that have been 'crime free' for 20 years? Still waiting for info. on this quote.
3/Being a Native American, does today's killer count as 'ethnic' or indigenous, making everyone else ethnic?

Old 22-03-2005, 06:31   #84
God Member

Justice as determined by The Queen and Commons assembled, and administered by the Courts.

The idea of "justice not only being done but being seen to be done" is the antithesis of secret courts, annonymity for criminals and, hopefully, vigilantism. I would have thought that the principle was well enough understood by British Subjects as to require no explanation.
Old 22-03-2005, 07:18   #85
Give, give, give member

The original subject of the thread was execution in the Middle East, which most people here seem to support in relation to child abuse. Justice is 'seen to be done' there too, as it's open to public view.

Old 22-03-2005, 07:28   #86
God Member

Your point being...?
Old 22-03-2005, 07:30   #87
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acrylic-bob

And another thing, I think that any immigrant brought before the courts for whatever reason should be automatically deported along with their relatives and dependants.
Oh l missed this little gem! When should an immigrants dependants be exempt from deportation? Second, third, forth generation? There would be no one left in this green and pleasant land.
l think l have a bit of Viking in me, would l be deported if my Mother didn't pat her TV license?

Old 22-03-2005, 07:57   #88
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda
Today's breaking news- A juvenile [age not yet released] shoots dead 9 people, and wounds 10 others in Minnesota.
1/ Did he do it because there's no death penalty in this State?
2/Are there any Counties in Minnesota that have been 'crime free' for 20 years? Still waiting for info. on this quote.
3/Being a Native American, does today's killer count as 'ethnic' or indigenous, making everyone else ethnic?
I must admit to being appalled by this news. As far as I understand it, the culprit, as well as the victims,came from a Red Indian reservation. Have we not learned our lessons? Did not John Wayne,James Stewart, Errol Flynn and others not make countless movies from the 1930's to the 1960's with one overriding theme:

NEVER SELL GUNS TO THE RED INDIANS!!!!

Well, it lools ike someone has, and this is the result. Will we never learn?
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2005, 08:02   #89
Give, give, give member

Are Native Americans 'ethnics' or is every subsequent influx of nationalities 'ethnic'?

Old 22-03-2005, 08:03   #90
God Member

I do not see it as my responsibility to correct your wilful misreading of comments posted in this thread, though I do confess to being a little perturbed and perplexed at your apparent need to do so.
However, you are as entitled to hold and express your opinions as I am to ignore them.

Perhaps it would be the sensible option to call an end to this exchange on the grounds of "least said, soonest mended".

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..