Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-03-2005, 08:07   #91
Give, give, give member

Re: Pakdasht justice?

l don't see it as wilful misreading to comment on something so controversial that was posted, if you don't wish to clarify that is your perogative.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 22-03-2005, 12:36   #92
Senior Member+

http://news.tbo.com/news/MGB4FU4ML6E.html

Now heres someone who needs the Pakasht Justice.

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2005, 14:53   #93
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazf
http://news.tbo.com/news/MGB4FU4ML6E.html

Now heres someone who needs the Pakasht Justice.
Horrific crime.

Should we wait until the jury reaches a verdict before administering 'justice', as so far he's only been charged and not been found guilty yet?

Innocent until proven guilty?

N.B.To the person who sent me the karma and the anonymous message, thanks for your comments and support. Gx

Old 22-03-2005, 15:09   #94
Senior Member+

I think he could well be guilty as he has admitted to it.

Old 22-03-2005, 15:20   #95
Give, give, give member

The evidence does look overwhelming but he still hasn't been found guilty.

People admit to terrible crimes all the time, usually the lonely/insane/attention seekers.

In the late 70's there were lots of people presenting themselves at police stations saying they were the 'Yorkshire Ripper', good job we didn't hang them before we found Sutcliffe!

Old 23-03-2005, 06:09   #96
Give, give, give member

To the anonymous person who only felt able to comment on what was written here by deducting karma [ about time- l'm sick of playing Devils Advocate!] You have a valid point it's just sad that you could only share your comment with me only.
l just said the said person charged with these crimes hadn't been convicted yet, so thought it was premature to suggest he faces the same fate as the person in the original thread.
Never be afraid to speak out publicly- if you have the balls

P.S. lf you're trying to remain anonymous don't forget you were the only person on-line at that time and that time is noted along with your comment. Never kid a kidder.

Last edited by garinda; 23-03-2005 at 07:00.
Old 23-03-2005, 07:24   #97
Senior Member+

[QUOTE=garinda]To the anonymous person who only felt able to comment on what was written here by deducting karma [quote]
I am in total agreement. If someone feels that a particular post warrants the deduction of Karma, they should sign their name, when doing so.

Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.
Albert Einstein.

park381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2005, 11:43   #98
Resident Waffler

If he is found not guilty then presumably he will not receive any punishment. What's wrong with having a discussion about what punishment a person should receive if found guilty? Doesn't it automatically follow? When murderers were hanged back before it was abolished then those not guilty of murder were not hanged. Seems quite logical to me.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2005, 14:00   #99
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp
If he is found not guilty then presumably he will not receive any punishment. What's wrong with having a discussion about what punishment a person should receive if found guilty? Doesn't it automatically follow? When murderers were hanged back before it was abolished then those not guilty of murder were not hanged. Seems quite logical to me.
Agreed Willow, but the thread started out saying here's someone who should get the same justice as the man in Iran who was publicly hanged. l just commented that this other man in Minnesota has only been charged yet and not found gulity of any crime, so it seems a bit premature to call for the same 'justice' as was meeted out in Iran to be called for here .
Like l said everyone should be innocent until proven guilty in my book.

Old 23-03-2005, 14:06   #100
Senior Member+

Just incase you didn't read the artical in the Link.

INVERNESS FL - John Evander Couey was charged Monday with first-degree murder, sexual battery on a child under 12 and kidnapping in the disappearance and suffocation of 9- year-old Jessie Lunsford.

Jessie's dad, Mark, awaits the next step: ``I need everybody's support for pushing the death penalty for this man,'' said Lunsford, 41.

Prosecutors are expected to seek that after taking the case to a grand jury, probably in the next 21 days, said Assistant State Attorney Pete Magrino, a member of the team that will try to put Couey on death row.

Couey, a two-time child sex offender, was living 150 yards from the girl's home when she disappeared.

At the time, he had eluded conventional means for keeping track of registered sex offenders.

Couey, 46, is thought to have entered Jessie's home late Feb. 23 or early Feb. 24 through an unlocked back door.

Authorities say he went into her bedroom, woke her and took her with him, though they would not say how he managed to get the girl out of the house without signs of a struggle or waking her grandparents, who were sleeping in another room.

Couey then sexually assaulted Jessie, killed her and disposed of her body in the back yard of a trailer where he lived at the time, authorities said

Old 23-03-2005, 14:16   #101
Give, give, give member

l think anybody who hadn't read the original link you posted and commented without reading it would most unwise. l did.

Like l originally said, the crime is heartbreakingly horrific, but stand by my statement that he hasn't been found guilty in a Court of Law yet., and calls for public hanging are premature.

Old 23-03-2005, 18:07   #102
Resident Waffler

OK maybe it would have been better if the Dad had said "I need everybody's support for pushing the death penalty for this crime"

At one time I was very much against the death penalty with the argument that you can't bring back a life if it's proved that there has been a miscarriage of justice but maybe in some cases where there can be no doubt of a person's guilt?

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2005, 19:38   #103
God Member

I totally agree with the death penalty if proved guilty, I dont think us tax payers should be keeping these people in jail, surely if death was the outcome some of these monsters would think twice.
grego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2005, 23:24   #104

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda
l think anybody who hadn't read the original link you posted and commented without reading it would most unwise. l did.
What makes you think only you read the link?
Gobsmacked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2005, 23:51   #105
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobsmacked
What makes you think only you read the link?
I just thought that when the link we were discussing had already been posted it seemed rather strange to print it out just to clarify the horror of the crime.

AGAIN I state, it is horrific crime but he hasn't been found guilty yet, and in answer to Willow's statement that aren't some people guilty before a fair trial, the answer is in the eyes of the law -no.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..