Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-09-2005, 18:19   #61

Re: Petrol Crisis?

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemo
our's went over a $ last week and cause it's never been that high before, no one could post the price cause it wouldn't fit in the sign!!!!!
Is that for a litre or a gallon?

Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 13-09-2005, 18:44   #62
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda
Motorists should show a little consideration for non drivers, who now have to wait in line to purchase lifes little essentials such as milk, cigarettes or condoms, while all those panicky motorists wait to pay for their fuel with plastic cards.
And do you really expect me to carry £50 cash in my wallet? I tell you what, I'll stick a 'mug me' sign on my forehead as well, shall I?

Plastic may take a little longer, but it's more convenient and a much more secure way of paying for fuel than the paper stuff.

And last time I looked, cigarettes weren't one of 'life's little essentials'. I left out condoms because without them people would end up with a few more 'little essentials'...

vorlon24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2005, 18:52   #63
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vorlon24
And do you really expect me to carry £50 cash in my wallet? I tell you what, I'll stick a 'mug me' sign on my forehead as well, shall I?

Plastic may take a little longer, but it's more convenient and a much more secure way of paying for fuel than the paper stuff.

And last time I looked, cigarettes weren't one of 'life's little essentials'. I left out condoms because without them people would end up with a few more 'little essentials'...
It's what passes up here for humour.

I drive, and sometimes pay for my fuel on a card. However I do know four people that have had their cards illegally scanned and copied at a petrol station. I don't know anyone personally, whose been mugged on the forecourt when attempting to pay by cash.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2005, 18:56   #64
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda
It's what passes up here for humour.

I drive, and sometimes pay for my fuel on a card. However I do know four people that have had their cards illegally scanned and copied at a petrol station. I don't know anyone personally, whose been mugged on the forecourt when attempting to pay by cash.
I spend some time in the less savoury parts of London, and I really wouldn't want to have £50 on me if someone decided that they wanted some cash.

They can have my cards, because I can cancel those - I'd just give them the wrong PIN so they couldn't get any money through the ATMs.

Anyway, I get Clubcard points when I use my credit card!

vorlon24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2005, 19:18   #65
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp
He isn't allowed to do it. Someone who has been turned away should lodge a complaint with the race relations people. That is discrimination and it's illegal.

Even if he had the only petrol on the planet I wouldn't buy any from him.
You could try complaining but the chances are the racerelations people would back down as it would be turned into all you people being racist to him. As for the legal angle the authorities would be made out as racist as well.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2005, 19:38   #66
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPUGGIE J
You could try complaining but the chances are the racerelations people would back down as it would be turned into all you people being racist to him. As for the legal angle the authorities would be made out as racist as well.
Your probably right mate. Anyone got a match?
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2005, 20:03   #67
God Member

Bypass the petrol stations and get it direct instead

http://www.petroldirect.com/index.htm
entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2005, 20:09   #68
God Member

To change the subject just a little, we were having a little discussion on the way back home from Blackpool today - lots of closed petrol stations there! We were talking about the tax burden placed on motorists.

For a start the oil is taxed when it comes out of the pipeline, then it is taxed when it comes out of the refinery, then the government take another slice in petrol duty and another slice in VAT and yet another slice in corporation tax on the profits of petrol stations and even more in income tax from the people who work in petrol stations. Then they have a go a charging us to use the roads through the Road Fund Tax. Then they charge VAT on your vehicle and your insurance of it. And then tax you on everything you buy for it or have done to it. And before long they will also be taxing you to dispose of your used tyres and the scrapping of your knackered vehicle. In the meantime they tax you for going too fast and for leaving it in the wrong place for too long. Omit to pay any of the above taxes and they will tax you still further and also, possibly, take away your liberty.

If this what is meant by living in a free country, I would hate to have to live in one that is not free!
Old 13-09-2005, 20:15   #69
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil
A load of us AccyWebers should all go at once and if he turns us away we can call the police. Anyone up for it?
I will Neil but i aint got a car pmsl
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2005, 20:17   #70
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPUGGIE J
Sadly there is some element of truth there
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2005, 20:21   #71
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by accystanmac
I will Neil but i aint got a car pmsl
I will give you a lift if you verbally abuse petrol station owner, I am a very quiet and shy person in real life
Old 13-09-2005, 20:27   #72
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by entwisi

Very funny site mate
Old 14-09-2005, 17:39   #73

Quote:

Oh if only you could do that. Brilliant site.

Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2005, 17:46   #74
God Member

Quote:

Nice idea but how long before the govenment tries to close it? Some station owners would thinc they are being victimised though not going to mention any but.......... well we all know who dont we.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2005, 20:21   #75
God Member

Why should they close it? Its a Parody, a joke, if you read it they take it from teh sublime to teh ridiculous. All in good taste though.
entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..