Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-06-2008, 15:48   #151
God Member

Re: Police Probe Vote Rigging Complaints

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Whether you heard it or misheard it, it should have not been repeated here
Theres no doubt I didn't mishear. I think its right, people should know what a public figure is saying about people. I'm sure the Labour supporters would be only too happy for me to keep my mouth shut, but I know the same wouldn't be done if it was a Conservative saying these things, and too right, I wouldn't support ANYBODY who said them, no matter which party.
Old 05-06-2008, 15:51   #152
God Member

Heaven help us if your political qualifications land you a job in the Foreign Office!!!!
Discretion and Diplomacy - you sadly lack

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 15:53   #153
God Member

Politics and eavesdropping must be a close second to religion in creating wars !!
Old 05-06-2008, 16:01   #154
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewb View Post
Theres no doubt I didn't mishear. I think its right, people should know what a public figure is saying about people. I'm sure the Labour supporters would be only too happy for me to keep my mouth shut, but I know the same wouldn't be done if it was a Conservative saying these things, and too right, I wouldn't support ANYBODY who said them, no matter which party.
you pathetic little boy,its not about who supports who, its about discretion, n if GJ did say that, which i certainly did not hear, i would have been disgusted n said summat at the time, you obviously did not, so therefore that gives me grave doubt it was said.
Old 05-06-2008, 16:04   #155
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
you pathetic little boy,its not about who supports who, its about discretion, n if GJ did say that, which i certainly did not hear, i would have been disgusted n said summat at the time, you obviously did not, so therefore that gives me grave doubt it was said.
I regret not pulling him up on it at the time. I should have done because I fundamentally disagreed with what he was saying. It was said no doubt about it, I wouldn't post lies about something like this.
Old 05-06-2008, 16:31   #156

Quote:
Originally Posted by g jones View Post
I was asked about Mr Farrer, if I knew him, if I had met him (I have). His attacks on Labour. I stated quite clearly that he had been a significant beneficiary of the welfare state (not an issue), but i would have thought he would have had a better understanding, more appreciation or the need for a welfare state. With his personal experience I can't understand why he opposes Labour, Labour policies when he is able to judge at close what a huge benefit it can be. There was never any personal references/insults and no-one on here seems to be able to verify or confirm what are pathetic comments.
Did you actually tell every person there that they were a beneficiary of the welfare state, or purely him?

To be honest with you, Mr Jones, if you had said that to me, even in your words, I would have an issue with it. Unless you said exactly the same every person, that is a personal comment/reference.

To me, the higlighted statement could quite easily be misconstrued as spin on 'dole dosser' or ' sponger' or other less than pleasant names

The again, maybe it is just me
onlyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 16:32   #157

[quote=andrewb;587668]I regret not pulling him up on it at the time. I should have done because I fundamentally disagreed with what he was saying. It was said no doubt about it, I wouldn't post lies about something like this.[/quote

Whether its correct or not, you should have said something at the time, and it should never have been posted on a public post. If you had an issue with it, you could have pm'd the person in question, not waited for a time to do it publicly to cause the most trouble
Old 05-06-2008, 16:40   #158
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Complete lie. You'll make anything up to defend you silly little causes.

FACT I didn't speak to you beyond your stupid comments regarding miners. FACT After that I walked away from you.
FACT Cashman was there. In fact it was he that pulled you up for talking rubbish. I barely spoke with you.

I was asked about Mr Farrer, if I knew him, if I had met him (I have). His attacks on Labour. I stated quite clearly that he had been a significant beneficiary of the welfare state (not an issue), but i would have thought he would have had a better understanding, more appreciation or the need for a welfare state. With his personal experience I can't understand why he opposes Labour, Labour policies when he is able to judge at close what a huge benefit it can be. There was never any personal references/insults and no-one on here seems to be able to verify or confirm what are pathetic comments.
So I benefit from the the wefare state, how would you know, only three people know my financial affairs Mr. Jones and your not one of them. I persons dealings with HBC is covere by the data protection act, the only way you are able to access my deatails legally is if you were dealing with a case on my behalf and I had given the necessary permission. For all you know I may have won the pools, or the lottery, or been left a fortune when my Father died, I would be very interested to hear your explanation, and whats more I have no reason to doubt Andrew. And how dare you even intimate that I am on depentant on the welfare state,it is none of your business what my personal finances are, and you as a councillor should know better.

Last edited by jaysay; 05-06-2008 at 16:48. Reason: error
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 17:13   #159
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay

Never met met the guy, don't want to
Quote:

I was asked about Mr Farrer, if I knew him, if I had met him (I have).

Curious?

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 17:42   #160
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle View Post
Curious?
I thought that Gayle, seeing I can't bring the occasion to mind I can only think that some one is telling porkies, and it aint me. I have only seen Mr. Jones once tha was 2 years ago during the election campaign, I went out to get a taxi and he was about 20 yards down the road with Colette, and that was to near for me
Old 05-06-2008, 17:52   #161

Jaysay

I do know that you do not enjoy the best of health.

There are other ways of benefitting from the Welfare State, other than to be in receipt of a monetary benefit. But am I sure that you will agree that you have benefitted (and are still benefiting) from the services of the NHS-which is part of the Wefare Sate - over the years.
Without wishing to labour a point (no pun intended), the Welfare State was created by a Labour government -would you have had the same help from a Conservative government. I know we all pay for the NHS in our taxes but it is free at the point of use.
claytonender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 18:31   #162
Give, give, give member

I really have nothing to say on this matter, except that political point scoring seems to have reached an all time low, and it disgusts me.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 18:47   #163
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
I really have nothing to say on this matter, except that political point scoring seems to have reached an all time low, and it disgusts me.

It's not even point 'scoring' because no one has done themselves any favours here - this is more like point 'losing'.

I want to state right here and now that I now consider myself to be of NO political party whatsoever and will plonk myself safe and sound back on the fence! I don't want to be associated with any of this!

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 19:06   #164

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Well said!
Old 05-06-2008, 21:06   #165
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
So I benefit from the the wefare state, how would you know, only three people know my financial affairs Mr. Jones and your not one of them. I persons dealings with HBC is covere by the data protection act, the only way you are able to access my deatails legally is if you were dealing with a case on my behalf and I had given the necessary permission. For all you know I may have won the pools, or the lottery, or been left a fortune when my Father died, I would be very interested to hear your explanation, and whats more I have no reason to doubt Andrew. And how dare you even intimate that I am on depentant on the welfare state,it is none of your business what my personal finances are, and you as a councillor should know better.
You have at various times talked about your life. No problem. On here and openly to others. I am not here to talk about you or your circumstances personally. As a Labour person I support fundamentally the welfare state to help those in need. You get some who don't appreciate it and thrown it all back. I like to know why it is is no good or the Labour Party is no good in persuing a welfare state? It is not a trick question, nor is it personal.

And we have met, you just don't remember. You were right and I was wrong.
g jones is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..