Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-06-2008, 19:16   #121
Give, give, give member

Re: Police Probe Vote Rigging Complaints

If there is corruption going on, whichever parties are involved, then we should at least try to stamp it out, and prosecute those involved.

I'm proud of the democracy we have, and would hate to live in a society that just accepted cheats.

A good post Mani, but if I had evidence of fraud it'd be quickly winging it's way to the police.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 02-06-2008, 19:22   #122
Senior Member+

the evidence is out there - its gettin it to talk thats hard *L*
Old 02-06-2008, 19:23   #123
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

sfunny,just been out with the dog n was talking to a guy, who has just corroberated manis story, n i only just read that.
Old 03-06-2008, 04:10   #124
Resting in Peace

I'm afraid Central Ward, for the past few years, has been somewhat of an enigma, and will remain so, but what ever happens, the rules set down for elections must be obeyed by all parties, but its always going to be he said, she said, claim and counter claim with the real truth being somewhere in the middle
Old 03-06-2008, 05:40   #125
Senior Member+

I've actually just read the article in the observer and i thought it was funnier than a good episode of sarcasm from the south park boys.

Quote:
Bullying, allegedly backed up by picture evidence, at polling stations in Hannah Street and Blackburn Road.
how is a picture going to prove that bullying was happening?? is there a fist threatened at the person? or does it capture the voters tears and the look of fear??

there's always been for the past 3/4 elections anyway people stood around the polling station on blackburn road. always. and of all parties. when labour won it last there was loads stood outside doin exactly the same thing the conservatives were doin here. should those be investigated too? when i was walking past i heard some ladies shout out put the cross in the 2nd box at general no body's i think we should investigate the intimdation from them too. then again i do find asian women quite intimidating generally.

Quote:
Eighty four per cent of all postal votes were returned when only 70 per cent were expected.
they want people to use the vote and when they do show an interest they complain about it?!

Quote:
Proxy votes cast on behalf of people who have moved to Pakistan and are no longer eligible to vote.
That is impossible to prove. before he died my father would often spend long periods abroad but it was still considered he was a resident here rather than pakistan. alot of the old folks who have done their duties so to speak often spend 6 months here and 6 months there coming back when they want and when they want some heat fly off to pakistan. are they moving or merely on holiday?

Quote:
The council’s Labour group leader, Graham Jones, said: "There has clearly been a case of people in Central ward defrauding the electoral system and I think the result should be declared null and void."
Mr G jones - ur throwing rocks from your crystal domed house. a whisper in your ear. i wouldnt. if it isnt mr t ali's fingerprints on the evidence it sure is labour red.
Old 03-06-2008, 09:10   #126
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by mani View Post
I've actually just read the article in the observer and i thought it was funnier than a good episode of sarcasm from the south park boys.

how is a picture going to prove that bullying was happening?? is there a fist threatened at the person? or does it capture the voters tears and the look of fear??

there's always been for the past 3/4 elections anyway people stood around the polling station on blackburn road. always. and of all parties. when labour won it last there was loads stood outside doin exactly the same thing the conservatives were doin here. should those be investigated too? when i was walking past i heard some ladies shout out put the cross in the 2nd box at general no body's i think we should investigate the intimdation from them too. then again i do find asian women quite intimidating generally.

they want people to use the vote and when they do show an interest they complain about it?!

That is impossible to prove. before he died my father would often spend long periods abroad but it was still considered he was a resident here rather than pakistan. alot of the old folks who have done their duties so to speak often spend 6 months here and 6 months there coming back when they want and when they want some heat fly off to pakistan. are they moving or merely on holiday?

Mr G jones - ur throwing rocks from your crystal domed house. a whisper in your ear. i wouldnt. if it isnt mr t ali's fingerprints on the evidence it sure is labour red.
Nice one Mani, I think you have put everything in a nutshell

Last edited by jaysay; 03-06-2008 at 09:10. Reason: error
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 10:16   #127
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

whilst whats gone on is wrong (no question), its wrong to knock GJ for taking issue at it.(no question) how ever you dress things up its corruption (no question) this is a real can of worms n what GJ must take on board is it aint just one party (no question) anyone who is really bothered about democracy in local goverment, should also get off the pot n do some real digging, then n only then is a chance whats happening can be eradicated.
Old 03-06-2008, 21:03   #128
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Nice one Mani, I think you have put everything in a nutshell.
I think what you're saying is even a new low for you Mr Farrer. That crime is acceptable. It isn't.

And if Mr Ali's fingerprints are all over, then he too will face the law, as I told him in the Police station. All crimes should be reported.
g jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 21:29   #129

Quote:
Originally Posted by mani View Post

The last 4 elections to be held in Central Ward were:
in 2003 (when it was all postal)
in 2004 (when it was also all postal)
in 2007 -when the candidates were Mohammad Ayub (The Labour Party) and Mohammed Kazi Siddique (Conservative )
in 2008 - Tariq Ali (The Labour Party)Allah Dad (Conservative) and Ifty Khan (Liberal Democrat).

As the candidate's names appear in alphabetical order of surname on the ballot paper, at both the 2007 and 2008 elections it was the Conservative Candidate who was in the 2nd box on the ballot paper at both these elections. So if, as you are suggesting Mani, there were ladies shouting to put a cross against the 2nd box, then they were trying to get voters to vote for the Conservative candidate.

Last edited by claytonender; 03-06-2008 at 21:31.
claytonender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 09:10   #130
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by g jones View Post
I think what you're saying is even a new low for you Mr Farrer. That crime is acceptable. It isn't.

And if Mr Ali's fingerprints are all over, then he too will face the law, as I told him in the Police station. All crimes should be reported.
Nothing of the sort Jones, what I was saying basicly was he who is without sin cast the first stone, nothing more nothing less, Mani was only pionting out that your lot are as bad as anybody and everybody knows that, after all it was Tony Blair who was the first Primeminister in histor to be questions by the police over dodgy dalings, amen

Last edited by jaysay; 04-06-2008 at 09:12. Reason: error
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 10:42   #131
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by g jones View Post
I think what you're saying is even a new low for you Mr Farrer.
It however could never be as low as your personal attacks on Jaysay’s health at an Accringtonweb meet, while he was not there to defend himself. In fact a man I'm not sure you have even met.

What was it, that he was the "biggest burden on the welfare state". Well I for one am glad that the provisions are there for somebody who has worked hard all their life but fallen ill preventing them from carrying on that work. I am glad the NHS is there to stand in and help people who are quite seriously ill.

Wanting to challenge him to go private because his oxygen tank which keeps him alive is on the NHS? I have never seen such hatred for somebody because of their political orientation, which it clearly was, hence the political underlining of the attack. Any respect I might still have had is lost.

This is the definition of low Mr Graham Jones.
Old 04-06-2008, 14:37   #132
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

oh ya mean like i lost all respect fer you,? but didn't discuss it on open forum, cos thats not the place, time you grew up cyfr.
Old 04-06-2008, 15:47   #133
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewb View Post
It however could never be as low as your personal attacks on Jaysay’s health at an Accringtonweb meet, while he was not there to defend himself. In fact a man I'm not sure you have even met.
I'm pretty sure that Jaysay and GJones are both very well known to each other off this forum - the political landscape in Hyndburn is not huge!

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 15:55   #134
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle View Post
I'm pretty sure that Jaysay and GJones are both very well known to each other off this forum - the political landscape in Hyndburn is not huge!
Never met met the guy, don't want to
Old 04-06-2008, 16:30   #135
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewb View Post

What was it, that he was the "biggest burden on the welfare state". Well I for one am glad that the provisions are there for somebody who has worked hard all their life but fallen ill preventing them from carrying on that work. I am glad the NHS is there to stand in and help people who are quite seriously ill.

Wanting to challenge him to go private because his oxygen tank which keeps him alive is on the NHS? I have never seen such hatred for somebody because of their political orientation, which it clearly was, hence the political underlining of the attack. Any respect I might still have had is lost.

This is the definition of low Mr Graham Jones.
I have been contemplating whether to comment on this post or not, but I feel I must. I can't really think that anybody in their right mind could be so crass, to make comment such as that, but as my old mum used to say what goes around comes around. Thanks Andrew for enlightening me on this subject, it only reenforces what I've been saying on here for months, that this guy just ain't wired up right

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..