Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-06-2008, 09:23   #181
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Police Probe Vote Rigging Complaints

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
I tend to agree Gayle, but in my experience there are two sides to every tale and the truth falls somewhere in the middle
exactly what i was infering earlier.
Old 06-06-2008, 10:00   #182

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Public demonstrations of mutual loathing destroys the credibility and reputations of both of you.
I absolutely agree. I can honestly say that I will never vote for Mr Jones, I have read a few of his threads and I do not like the way he has responded or attacked. I would prefer to tear up a voting slip rather than put a cross in that box
onlyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 10:07   #183
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlyme View Post
I absolutely agree. I can honestly say that I will never vote for Mr Jones, I have read a few of his threads and I do not like the way he has responded or attacked. I would prefer to tear up a voting slip rather than put a cross in that box
at least he has the backbone to come on here,which is more than can be said fer others n it probably aint a pleasant place fer a counciller to come.
Old 06-06-2008, 10:48   #184

Credit where credit is due, yes he does. Unfortunately the majority of his posts appear to be centering around personal arguments with other members, not anything constructive
onlyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 10:56   #185
God Member

This is one of the best threads we've had for ages; lovely custard pie stuff and schoolgirl insults masquerading as political debate. I love it - lets have more!
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 12:48   #186
Resident Waffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeljack View Post
so now we know what turns Mani on .... tragic gang-banging Italian musicals ......they have a name for folks like that .......they call them Opera Queens ,

sorry dude , couldn't resist

sorry for wander

Shouldn't that be soap opera queens?

Good grief the way this thread has been going we'll be having somebody waking up with a horse's head in bed next to them!

So, what's with the vote rigging then? We're in Central Ward and voted at Hannah Street. No-one tried to intimidate us. No-one asked us which way we were voting. There was a bunch of guys standing around in the yard chatting but none approached us or made threatening or intimidating advances. Have we missed out on something? Who won anyway?

(And is he going to get me a new wheelie bin?)

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 13:24   #187

Allah Dad won - if you want his tel number (to chase up your wheelie bin) you can find it here
http://www.hyndburnbc.gov.uk/site/sc...y=specificWard
claytonender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 15:32   #188
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeljack View Post
so now we know what turns Mani on .... tragic gang-banging Italian musicals ......they have a name for folks like that .......they call them Opera Queens ,

sorry dude , couldn't resist

sorry for wander

there's nothing wrong with a lil tragic song and dance ok!?

it makes the heart yearn for a song and dance sequence when i throw someone outta the club

*scrubs style flashout with the doormen of manchester havin a singing/dancing battle with ppl thrown out of the club*
Old 11-09-2008, 15:36   #189
God Member

Well the accusations have been investigated and found to be untrue. Councillor Jones is being asked to apologize publicly and I hope he does!!!
Old 11-09-2008, 17:25   #190
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
Well the accusations have been investigated and found to be untrue. Councillor Jones is being asked to apologize publicly and I hope he does!!!
Just been looking out the window Bernie and there's a flock of flying pigs just flown over
Old 11-09-2008, 18:03   #191
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewb View Post
Wait so hes only getting £20k for a full time hard job of running the council?

And an allowance is salary right? or am I missing something.
That's probably a lot more than he (Cllr. Britcliffe) made selling frocks and fruit bon-bons, to the good people of Hyndburn.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 22:08   #192
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
Allah Dad was never accused. It affirms that in the article. The police gave up after meeting a wall of silence. I don't mind apologising but what for? The only person I spoke to and asked the question 'were you involved in fraud' was the Labour candidate. Allah Dad made a series of personal complaints about fraud about the Labour Candidate. So who exactly should be apologising to who and on what basis?
i
Its clear. Fraud took place. No one can argue against that. The police couldn't prove anything. That's a totally different matter.

Posted via Mobile Device
g jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 22:28   #193
God Member

If I had complained that the seat had been won fraudulently and these allegations had been investigated and proved unfounded I would have no problem apologizing. If you can't find it in yourself to do that it is your perogative. By making the complaint the implication is that the elected person is involved IMO.
Old 11-09-2008, 22:36   #194
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

mr jones says he asked the question,"were you involved in fraud" unless i'm missing summat here, that not a complaint.
Old 11-09-2008, 23:03   #195
Give, give, give member

Searching through old press cuttings, I can't find anything where Cllr. Jones, or indeed the press, made any allegations against Cllr. Dad.

There are quite clearly some irregularaties in the number of proxy votes cast in this ward, compared with earlier elections.

I think it was quite right to investigate the matter, and personally do not see the need for any public appology from anyone, as no one was named or accused.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..