Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-09-2008, 23:07   #196
God Member

Re: Police Probe Vote Rigging Complaints

Sorry Garinda but the implication is there
Old 11-09-2008, 23:12   #197
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
Sorry Garinda but the implication is there
We'll have to agree to disagree.

All the information I've seen refered to the high number of proxy votes cast in that ward. No councillor was named as being responsible for this discrepency. Therefore there is no one who is owed an appology, in my opinion.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 23:13   #198
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Searching through old press cuttings, I can't find anything where Cllr. Jones, or indeed the press, made any allegations against Cllr. Dad.

There are quite clearly some irregularaties in the number of proxy votes cast in this ward, compared with earlier elections.

I think it was quite right to investigate the matter, and personally do not see the need for any public appology from anyone, as no one was named or accused.
agree it was the correct thing to do, investigate irregularites which without doubt there were, so none were proven, so why should anyone have to apologise?
Old 11-09-2008, 23:28   #199
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
agree it was the correct thing to do, investigate irregularites which without doubt there were, so none were proven, so why should anyone have to apologise?

I'd only be demanding an appology from any councillor who knew that there appeared to be suspicious voting patterns, and who hadn't demanded a full investigation.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 08:46   #200
Resident Waffler

Quote:
I'd only be demanding an appology from any councillor who knew that there appeared to be suspicious voting patterns, and who hadn't demanded a full investigation.
Me too. If a councillor is aware that allegations have been made and does nothing about it then he/she is guilty by default. I can't see that Graham is guilty of anything for wanting the allegations to be investigated. I'm still not sure that 'nothing proven' proves there was nothing either. The letter to the Observer earlier this year for instance. That was written in someone else's name and she knew nothing about it. That was appalling but wouldn't have come to light but for Graham checking it out. I'd far rather have someone who actually gets his teeth into things and wants to know what, if anything, is going on than someone who brushes it all aside and says it isn't their problem.

Earlier this year Mani mentioned Montagues and Capulets, and pots and kettles of equal blackness. Now in my view if there had been allegations made as to the blackness of my kettle I would welcome an investigation into that to prove how shiny bright my kettle really was.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 09:49   #201
God Member

Sorry but if the allegations have been investigated and no vote rigging has been found why is there no need for an apology? Mud sticks and I'm sure the person who won the seat is the one who all the mud was flung at!!!
Old 12-09-2008, 10:02   #202
Resting in Peace

There is bound to be diferences in voting paterns as this government have encouraged more and more people to use postal and proxy voting, without the regerous checks that there used to be. In the pst a PV for sickness had to be endoresed by a front line nurse or GP, for work purposes your boss had to sign, there were numerous different forms for different purposes, but know there is only one fits all. So there are pluses an minuses with everything and voting paterns are bound to change respectively
Old 12-09-2008, 10:42   #203
God Member

Quote:
The difference being some councillors want it to be investigated by the police and say no more, others jump the gun and scream fraud.
Old 12-09-2008, 11:08   #204
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewb View Post
The difference being some councillors want it to be investigated by the police and say no more, others jump the gun and scream fraud.
You are right. The highest number of complaints in Central Ward were made by Allah Dad about Tariq Ali (Labour). Allah Dad also made the first lot of complaints according to the police. He also described claims against him as malicious counter claims.

Now he is in the paper having made the most allegations, wanting an apology. Your Party Andrew should be ashamed of itself.

I'll throw another nugget in whilst your here. Barnfield where you happily canvassed. 50 Proxy votes and the Labour Party fought no campaign and didn't knock on a door. So not us!

Peel Ward - 3 proxy votes - where I was lucky enough to win. Church where Joan Smith a colleague won - 1 proxy vote. Rishton, a massive ward where Harry Grayson won, 10 proxy votes....

I understand why personally you want to attack me all the time Andrew.
g jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 11:37   #205
Resident Waffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
Sorry but if the allegations have been investigated and no vote rigging has been found why is there no need for an apology? Mud sticks and I'm sure the person who won the seat is the one who all the mud was flung at!!!

But surely the apology should come from the person who made the allegations?

Old 12-09-2008, 11:43   #206
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by g jones View Post
You are right. The highest number of complaints in Central Ward were made by Allah Dad about Tariq Ali (Labour). Allah Dad also made the first lot of complaints according to the police. He also described claims against him as malicious counter claims.

Now he is in the paper having made the most allegations, wanting an apology. Your Party Andrew should be ashamed of itself.

I'll throw another nugget in whilst your here. Barnfield where you happily canvassed. 50 Proxy votes and the Labour Party fought no campaign and didn't knock on a door. So not us!

Peel Ward - 3 proxy votes - where I was lucky enough to win. Church where Joan Smith a colleague won - 1 proxy vote. Rishton, a massive ward where Harry Grayson won, 10 proxy votes....

I understand why personally you want to attack me all the time Andrew.
What has Barnfield ward got to do with this? I used a proxy vote, it is mine and others democratic right to partake in elections no matter where we put the cross on the ballot paper. Are you making yet more accusations?

There is no doubt that suspected fraud must be reported and investigated. All I heard from Allah Dad was:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Councillor Allah Dad
Complaints have been made to the police and until they are dealt with I do not wish to discuss it.
Like I say, some councillors scream fraud, others accept that a police investigation is being carried out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accrington Observer
But an unrepentant Councillor Jones said: "The fraud is obvious – the figures tell the truth.
You're travelling down a very rocky path if you are suggesting that the four month police investigation that proved there was no irregularities, actually came to the wrong conclusion.
Old 12-09-2008, 11:45   #207
Resident Waffler

Of, as Mani said earlier, both pot and kettle are as black as each other that doesn't give me much confidence in voting for anyone in this Ward in future. No wonder nothing ever gets done if it's all this petty squabbling. It's worse than "The House of Cards".

Old 12-09-2008, 11:57   #208
God Member

it seems to me fraud was commited but the fraudster has been protected by people refusing to speak so the police couldnt find any evidence due to been met by a wall of scilence as it was put earlier in this thread. Theres plenty of guilty criminals walking the streets because the police couldnt find enough evidence so the police not finding enough evidence dosnt make someone innocent it just makes them lucky

somthing dodgy was going on or suspicions wouldnt have been raised and the police certainly wouldnt have investigated if there was no evident reason to but there was enough suspicion to look so they did

most polotitions are crooked, the only difference is some get caught and some dont

thats my assumption from thsi thread anyway :-)

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 12:50   #209
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
it seems to me fraud was commited but the fraudster has been protected by people refusing to speak so the police couldnt find any evidence due to been met by a wall of scilence as it was put earlier in this thread. Theres plenty of guilty criminals walking the streets because the police couldnt find enough evidence so the police not finding enough evidence dosnt make someone innocent it just makes them lucky

somthing dodgy was going on or suspicions wouldnt have been raised and the police certainly wouldnt have investigated if there was no evident reason to but there was enough suspicion to look so they did

most polotitions are crooked, the only difference is some get caught and some dont

thats my assumption from thsi thread anyway :-)
thats oh so true, in many sections of life. the fact that many complaints in central ward were made by the opposition, a fact some seem to ignore, makes their posts "Naive" at best, downright lies at worst. the police tend to investigate " Nowt" without good cause, everyone knows that i'm sure, fer people to ignore that fact shows their true colours.
Old 12-09-2008, 17:06   #210

They wont stop at anything.The Packistani flag flying over the town hall is the goal and the Brit do gooders who are not in touch with real asian views are unintentionally destroying the fabric of British society to the laughter of the foreigner.When in Rome.
Gordie is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..