Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-06-2008, 21:10   #166
God Member

Re: Police Probe Vote Rigging Complaints

Quote:
Originally Posted by g jones View Post
You have at various times talked about your life. No problem. On here and openly to others. I am not here to talk about you or your circumstances personally. As a Labour person I support fundamentally the welfare state to help those in need. You get some who don't appreciate it and thrown it all back. I like to know why it is is no good or the Labour Party is no good in persuing a welfare state? It is not a trick question, nor is it personal.

And we have met, you just don't remember. You were right and I was wrong.
Graham................as a non political bystander I wonder why you take this crap on board?

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 05-06-2008, 21:24   #167
Senior Member+

Thanks Roy, because only by discussing things openly will a better version of the truth come out. Not my version, but a better version, a better democracy, better decisions. And if no-one else is prepared to a put a foot forward, I will. I am last on the list of important things. Without clearing the air, politicians will go on telling porkies, filling their ego's and fooling the public (defrauding the the voting TGBOT). My time in politics has always been about ending this culture. Ring any of the other 12 Labour Councillors (or residents in Peel that know me) and see, of my time, if this is true. End of.

Last edited by g jones; 05-06-2008 at 21:27.
g jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 21:29   #168
God Member

Graham there is no such things as a 'better' version of the truth - nor can there be a worse version of the truth. There is the truth simple as that!

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 23:21   #169
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by g jones View Post
Thanks Roy, because only by discussing things openly will a better version of the truth come out. Not my version, but a better version, a better democracy, better decisions. And if no-one else is prepared to a put a foot forward, I will. I am last on the list of important things. Without clearing the air, politicians will go on telling porkies, filling their ego's and fooling the public (defrauding the the voting TGBOT). My time in politics has always been about ending this culture. Ring any of the other 12 Labour Councillors (or residents in Peel that know me) and see, of my time, if this is true. End of.
I am happy to tell the truth, I dont care what party people are from, it makes no difference who you are, or what your background is, I am happy to represent anyone. Would you like to support the truth, and support me for council?
Old 05-06-2008, 23:24   #170
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewb View Post
I am happy to tell the truth, I dont care what party people are from, it makes no difference who you are, or what your background is, I am happy to represent anyone. Would you like to support the truth, and support me for council?
only if it fits with your version of it, n as for representing anyone, i feel sure most folk can see the depth now.
Old 05-06-2008, 23:28   #171
God Member

Quote:
Just a couple of questions, if you were really so angry at what you say you heard why has it taken you all this time to say anything about it? Also why the need to air it on a public forum?? Well out of order IMHO
Old 05-06-2008, 23:29   #172
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
only if it fits with your version of it, n as for representing anyone, i feel sure most folk can see the depth now.
There is truth, and truth. There can't be a 'version' of truth, that'd be a lie I'd guess. I don't support lies. I know I am a Conservative, but if they blatantly lied, I would call it, I would say it is wrong. If someone comes up to me and gives evidence of the local Conservatives being dishonest, I would happily, publicly, denounce them. No doubt about that, principles are more important than party allegiance, I'm sure you agree with that cashy.

Last edited by andrewb; 05-06-2008 at 23:33.
andrewb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 23:33   #173
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

oh well if yer big on principals forget the locals, denounce the MEP.
Old 05-06-2008, 23:42   #174
God Member

Quote:
oh well if yer big on principals forget the locals, denounce the MEP.
I already have in a pub earlier! But yes I completely agree with you. Its disgusting. Not acceptable. It is the reason for disillusion in Politics.
Old 05-06-2008, 23:58   #175
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
I already have in a pub earlier! But yes I completely agree with you. Its disgusting. Not acceptable. It is the reason for disillusion in Politics.
its one of the many reasons why i and many others are disilluded with politics n aint meaning just one party, genuinly think its gone from bad to worse over last 25 yrs or so n all partys are guilty.
Old 06-06-2008, 01:21   #176
God Member

Quote:
its one of the many reasons why i and many others are disilluded with politics n aint meaning just one party, genuinly think its gone from bad to worse over last 25 yrs or so n all partys are guilty.
Yes certainly agree with you, and the voter turnout at recent elections backs it up. We need more transparency, and honesty in our system for people to become engaged again. It's all ok me believing in that, me enacting that, but I'm just an ordinary citizen, we need the parliamentarians from all parties to realise it.
Old 06-06-2008, 03:30   #177
Senior Member+

all we need now are the jets, the sharks, the corleones, the barzini's and the bride from kill bill and the feuding would be complete.
Old 06-06-2008, 04:00   #178
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mani View Post
all we need now are the jets, the sharks, the corleones, the barzini's and the bride from kill bill and the feuding would be complete.
so now we know what turns Mani on .... tragic gang-banging Italian musicals ......they have a name for folks like that .......they call them Opera Queens ,

sorry dude , couldn't resist

sorry for wander
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 09:10   #179
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle View Post
Graham there is no such things as a 'better' version of the truth - nor can there be a worse version of the truth. There is the truth simple as that!
I tend to agree Gayle, but in my experience there are two sides to every tale and the truth falls somewhere in the middle
Old 06-06-2008, 09:17   #180
God Member

Public demonstrations of mutual loathing destroys the credibility and reputations of both of you.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..