Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-03-2009, 09:55   #31
Give, give, give member

Re: Secret location for drug and alcohol centre

Quote:
Originally Posted by g jones View Post
It's the building at the side of the Skate Park. It already has drug users using it. The PCT requested that all 35 Councillors be informed and agree so there was no fiasco Mark 2. Discussions are ongoing so nothing is set. Another building is down to be looked at if this fails.
Another refreshing moment.

Someone asks a question of a politician, and it's then prompltly answered.

Just a pity all our questions can only be answered this way, as examplified by our M.P. and some of our councillors.

Though it would be so lovely to have some sort of balance, and those people weren't all from one party.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 03-03-2009, 10:40   #32
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
The Waterside/Puddleside luxury apartment residents wont be pleased, but since there are very few of those flats occupied there wont be a campaign of resistance
Another plus is that it will be near to the new Tesco,ideal for cheap booze.

Some people think I'm a bit of an animal, but I'm quite tender really
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 10:49   #33

Is that near the aptly - named Paradise Street ?
ossylass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 11:15   #34
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Another refreshing moment.

Someone asks a question of a politician, and it's then promptly answered.

Just a pity all our questions can only be answered this way, as exemplified by our M.P. and some of our councillors.

Though it would be so lovely to have some sort of balance, and those people weren't all from one party.
I wonder if they would be on here if they were in power, after all have you ever seen any input on threads on national government, the only time Jones shows his face on here is when he thinks he can score political points, never gets involved in fighting for his beleaguered parties fortunes at national level does he
Old 03-03-2009, 11:33   #35
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
I wonder if they would be on here if they were in power, after all have you ever seen any input on threads on national government, the only time Jones shows his face on here is when he thinks he can score political points, never gets involved in fighting for his beleaguered parties fortunes at national level does he
Greg Pope's 'in power' as you put it, and doesnt seem to feel his position is compromised by debating with us and answering our questions.

All the councillors who similarly come on here are also 'in power', in that they've been elected by the people of their wards, and sit on the council.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 12:25   #36
Senior Member+

Quote:
The Waterside/Puddleside luxury apartment residents wont be pleased, but since there are very few of those flats occupied there wont be a campaign of resistance
It is 25% occupied and growing. However a deal is imminent with a new partner. It will all end break even. The flats are lovely, you must check them out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Always done newsletters. In Peel I concentrate on positive local issues. No point attacking the Tories, people around he understand that every time at the ballot box

I have never shirked answering a question or telling someone in my view they are wrong or telling myself I am wrong!
g jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 13:16   #37
God Member

Mmmm, put a DRUGS centre right next to where our impressionable children play..

Quality!.

why not just stand at the entrance to the skate park and hand out wraps....

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 13:56   #38
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by entwisi View Post
why not just stand at the entrance to the skate park and hand out wraps....
That already happens

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 14:18   #39
God Member

Quote:
It is 25% occupied and growing. However a deal is imminent with a new partner. It will all end break even. The flats are lovely, you must check them out.
I made detailed enquiries a few weeks ago.
I looked at many photos and downloaded floorplans and selected one ready to view but then discovered-
NO central heating and no smoking

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 14:22   #40
Senior Member+

At least Graham Jones has given an honest answer and stated where the proposed site is!! Why has Peter Britcliffe stated in the press that he does'nt know, when quite clearly he does...thats just a blatant lie!! You would like to think people would learn lessons really, when the original one was proposed on Avenue Parade, the council knew of the PCT's intent for at least two years before any of the residents did, and chose to sit on the knowledge untill it became clear the extent of residents anger!

Best Regards - Taggy
Taggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 16:05   #41
Resting in Peace

Quote:

Always done newsletters. In Peel I concentrate on positive local issues. No point attacking the Tories, people around he understand that every time at the ballot box

I have never shirked answering a question or telling someone in my view they are wrong or telling myself I am wrong!
Your mellowing in your old age Graham I was once like you, but now I use smilies all the time
Old 03-03-2009, 17:16   #42
Senior Member+

Quote:
I made detailed enquiries a few weeks ago.
I looked at many photos and downloaded floorplans and selected one ready to view but then discovered-
NO central heating and no smoking
No Central Heating - There is a boiler in each apartment though. Will ask. Smoking, well that is an issue that has been thrashed about. Some have balconies.
g jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 17:58   #43
Caz
God Member

Hmmm, seems someones been giving you and Clare some wrong information Graham. Strange that. And quick release of the new info.

Accrington drug unit site announced (From Lancashire Telegraph)

I am not young enough to know everything.
- Oscar Wilde
Caz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 18:04   #44
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

well thats typical,cashys docs, still its got more going fer it yon,than avenue parade had. plus when we get mugged,a doctor will always be handy.
Old 03-03-2009, 18:07   #45
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
well thats typical,cashys docs, still its got more going fer it yon,than avenue parade had. plus when we get mugged,a doctor will always be handy.

That is a great bit of irony Cashy.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..