Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-03-2009, 12:32   #1
Caz
God Member

Secret location for drug and alcohol centre

Location secret of new drugs and alcohol centre in Accrington (From Lancashire Telegraph)

So anybody any ideas where it might be going?

Or any guesses?

I am not young enough to know everything.
- Oscar Wilde
Caz is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 02-03-2009, 13:00   #2
Resting in Peace

Re: Secret location for drug and alcohol centre

well its not on Aveune Parade :-)
magpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 13:34   #3
Apprentice Geriatric

Cool Re: Secret location for drug and alcohol centre

If this Chris Dixon was so sure that there would be no public outcry then he should name the place NOW.

Not that it will affect me. I live in Darwen. But once one local authority rides roughshod over the people’s wishes it could always spread to other authorities.
Old 02-03-2009, 13:39   #4
God Member

I think it will be that white elephant Acorn Centre on Blackburn Rd
There are no houses either side or behind it YET

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 14:00   #5
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

well its a knocking bet it won't be up New Lane.
Old 02-03-2009, 14:36   #6
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Why not join it with Maundy Grange as it will probably be dealing with the same people.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 16:03   #7
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
They play cricket up New Lane cashy
Old 02-03-2009, 16:21   #8
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
They play cricket up New Lane cashy
Bet it's more interesting game than England v West Indies, Druggies v Alcoholics.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 16:45   #9
God Member

well there are a couple of jobs going for a 'drugs and alcohol' centre on the jobcentre plus website, i wonder if they are for this place?
Old 02-03-2009, 16:48   #10
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
well there are a couple of jobs going for a 'drugs and alcohol' centre on the jobcentre plus website, i wonder if they are for this place?
If they are advertising for staff already, it looks as though the location wont need any refurbishment - this strengthens the case that it will likely be Acorn Health Centre

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 16:54   #11
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Might be why the Great one's gaff is for sale Cashy!!!!

I cant understand the various quotes in the Telegraph to be honest. "Britters" says he wants the PCT to "come clean" and announce where the place is that they have "found", and yet the spokesperson for the PCT seems to indicate that the Council are involved and suportive of the location?

Val Robertson, NHS East Lancashire corporate affairs director, said: "We have identified a property that we are looking at for this treatment centre and we are awaiting a decision now from Hyndburn council.

"We have had a letter of general support from the council, subject to the normal planning requirements for a change of use.

UNQUOTE

Best Regards - Taggy

Last edited by Taggy; 02-03-2009 at 16:56.
Taggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 17:01   #12
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggy View Post
Might be why the Great one's gaff is for sale Cashy!!!!

I cant understand the various quotes in the Telegraph to be honest. "Britters" says he wants the PCT to "come clean" and announce where the place is that they have "found", and yet the spokesperson for the PCT seems to indicate that the Council are involved and suportive of the location?

Val Robertson, NHS East Lancashire corporate affairs director, said: "We have identified a property that we are looking at for this treatment centre and we are awaiting a decision now from Hyndburn council.

"We have had a letter of general support from the council, subject to the normal planning requirements for a change of use.

UNQUOTE

Best Regards - Taggy

Shouldnt be up to the council to name the location. If PCT are that confident about it there wont be trouble. Besides it wouldnt take long to find out just follow their "clients" to the front door.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 17:38   #13

i do hope its not the acorn centre,enuff rougess around here as it is,
lancscat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 22:04   #14

I do know where its been suggested its going but I don't know if I'm allowed to say. Its not in either of the 2 health centres though.
ClarePritchard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 22:12   #15
God Member

this is supposed to be a free and democratic country,why are you not allowed to tell us,if other councillors are putting pressure on people not to say, is this some kind of bullying or what laws are they using to keep everybody quiet.this is a bit fishy
cmonstanley is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..