Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-03-2009, 21:19   #61
Caz
God Member

Re: Secret location for drug and alcohol centre

Quote:
Graham, I have no reason(or desire) to distrust you but we have to consider alternatives, could you have been mis informed????
That is what I was getting at, Graham gave the info he did, and just a short while later the release in the telegraph, with Britcliffe commenting on it.... Somebody feeding porkie pies then?

I am not young enough to know everything.
- Oscar Wilde
Caz is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 03-03-2009, 21:23   #62
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
When all the fuss dies down, I think that the centre will not have the massive negative impact that people fear. There is an OATC (Ontario Addiction Treatment Centre) just around the corner from where I live. A local group, Street Health, has a centre right down town .... and the Hotel Dieu Hospital runs a detox centre downtown ... no major problems at all.

Of course, we all know that the perfect location for most folks is nimby
you havent seen the british junkies then .the best place for them is a wooden box to put them out of their misery and make our streets safer for our children to walk...we are to soft in this country ,we have tried the softly softly and it is leading to plain and simple anarchy.this country has no future except abyss unless we restore law and order now its time for the silent majority to rise and get off our backsides and do something...
cmonstanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 07:34   #63
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by entwisi View Post
so either teh papers ar ewrong, Graham was wrong or we still don't know.

Mmm

papers, has anyone thought of challanging their info based on Grahams post?

Graham, I have no reason(or desire) to distrust you but we have to consider alternatives, could you have been mis informed????

don't know, this is the most scary, the fact that they still don't want us to know says they know its a real issue and ultimately a vote loser in whatever ward it lands........
All 3 sites are Barnfield.

I still don't think it is the Health Centre BUT Dave Watkinson is a good journo.

The PCT wrote to me and said (shorthand version) "No more balls ups by the Council, We won't get involved in any site unless The Council, starting with the Leader & Opposition Leader (myself) have agreed to move forward on it."

I know I was briefed about the ex-Council Offices comprehensively, so was Peter Britcliffe, and Labour Councillors were told THAT was the preferred site.

I have had NO correspondence since and spoke with the MD on Friday. He said nothing new. That's the situation from my end.

I'll ask this morning.

Last edited by g jones; 04-03-2009 at 07:38.
g jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 07:57   #64

My money's on the resouce centre (which has been empty for quite a while) on Nuttall Street.........
Old 04-03-2009, 08:44   #65
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
wrong lindsay, its the torys that are simple, they can't grasp a straight answer.
What you talking about cashy
Old 04-03-2009, 08:47   #66
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsay ormerod View Post
Beg to differ there Jaysay, a question was posed and Graham stepped in with an answer, same as in the Twittering thread, AndrewB asked if Greg Pope had signed up for a twittering site and when Greg came on and said No not yet, Andrew had to agree that the twittering site wasn't his preferred tool of communication either!
2 simple straight forward answers, "simples" as Alexsandr Orlov would say!
Lindsay they weren't an answer to a political question, only about twittering
Old 04-03-2009, 08:51   #67
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caz View Post
That is what I was getting at, Graham gave the info he did, and just a short while later the release in the telegraph, with Britcliffe commenting on it.... Somebody feeding porkie pies then?
Politicians telling porky pies Caz wash your mouth out with soapy water
Old 04-03-2009, 10:58   #68
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

the Truth n Politics should NEVER be included in the same sentence.
Old 04-03-2009, 11:03   #69

The first I heard about the health centre being used was when I read it on the Telegraph website today. Graham and I were briefed that that the PCT didn't want to use the health centres because of the communal waiting rooms, we were told that they would use the old council offices because they would only be used for offices and solely for the drugs and alcohol centre. I've never lied or misled anyone on this forum and never would, neither I believe, would Graham. We only pass on the information that has been given to us in briefings. I actually saw the letter that Peter and Graham signed stating that we had no objection, subject to planning permission being granted for the change of use, to that site being used.
ClarePritchard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 11:10   #70
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarePritchard View Post
The first I heard about the health centre being used was when I read it on the Telegraph website today. Graham and I were briefed that that the PCT didn't want to use the health centres because of the communal waiting rooms, we were told that they would use the old council offices because they would only be used for offices and solely for the drugs and alcohol centre. I've never lied or misled anyone on this forum and never would, neither I believe, would Graham. We only pass on the information that has been given to us in briefings. I actually saw the letter that Peter and Graham signed stating that we had no objection, subject to planning permission being granted for the change of use, to that site being used.
Peter and Graham, mentioned in the same sentence, now there's a novelty, bet they weren't in the same room when they signed it though
Old 04-03-2009, 11:12   #71

How on earth did you guess that?????? LOL
Old 04-03-2009, 11:13   #72
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
no worries on that score,anyone with any oil in their lamps knows the Liars are Not members on here.
Old 04-03-2009, 11:33   #73
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
How on earth did you guess that?????? LOL

What a shame they can't work together instead of against each other.

I blame them both for that.
Old 04-03-2009, 11:40   #74

I know that you probably expect me to say this but Graham is not the one to blame for this, Peter will not speak to me either. In the last month I have tried to speak to him on a few occasions to sort various issues out but he refuses to speak to either of us. I certainly won't stop trying because I think its vital that communication between members is civil and productive, whatever you think I don't actually hate Peter, I don't agree with him on lots of things and our politics are vastly different but in the past he has helped me with personal issues that I've had and he genuinely can be a lovely person, we just don't see enough of that side of his personality. In fact we don't see that at all now and its a shame
Old 04-03-2009, 11:41   #75
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
What a shame they can't work together instead of against each other.

I blame them both for that.
thats like blaming england n germany fer world war 2.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..