Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-03-2009, 18:29   #46
God Member

Re: Secret location for drug and alcohol centre

When all the fuss dies down, I think that the centre will not have the massive negative impact that people fear. There is an OATC (Ontario Addiction Treatment Centre) just around the corner from where I live. A local group, Street Health, has a centre right down town .... and the Hotel Dieu Hospital runs a detox centre downtown ... no major problems at all.

Of course, we all know that the perfect location for most folks is nimby
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 03-03-2009, 18:45   #47
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Why would they need planning permission for The Pals Centre, I think Grahams info is correct.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 18:53   #48
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
Why would they need planning permission for The Pals Centre, I think Grahams info is correct.
My information was from the top and comprehensive as the PCT want Councillors to be totally on board to avoid another Peel House.

Another location was discussed but this wasn't it. It is not owned by the PCT so I can't name it as I am sure they would want value for money on the price first. Clearly that is not the Health centre.

The PCT opposed the Health Centre for a variety of reasons.

If they have changed their mind then they have said Councillors will have to approve it and no-one has been told this site.
g jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 18:59   #49
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
Hopefully they'll need it because this unit won't actually be in the centre but somewhere in the grounds.As many know this place is an over burdened,under staffed shambles as it is.I suppose now when patients use the chemist in the centre they'll be at the back of the queque while the methadone is handed out.Whats wrong with the Acorn?Everytime iv'e had cause to go there it's virtually empty.
Old 03-03-2009, 19:03   #50
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxwell silver View Post
.Whats wrong with the Acorn?Everytime iv'e had cause to go there it's virtually empty.
I agree with that - I think they haven't persuaded many docs to relocate to it - as far as I can see there are signs in reception that only two have.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 19:05   #51
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
I agree with that - I think they haven't persuaded many docs to relocate to it - as far as I can see there are signs in reception that only two have.
there was a couple of locums in yon pre-xmas, would seem the best option to me, always near empty when ya go in.
Old 03-03-2009, 19:07   #52
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
I wonder if they would be on here if they were in power, after all have you ever seen any input on threads on national government, the only time Jones shows his face on here is when he thinks he can score political points, never gets involved in fighting for his beleaguered parties fortunes at national level does he
Beg to differ there Jaysay, a question was posed and Graham stepped in with an answer, same as in the Twittering thread, AndrewB asked if Greg Pope had signed up for a twittering site and when Greg came on and said No not yet, Andrew had to agree that the twittering site wasn't his preferred tool of communication either!
2 simple straight forward answers, "simples" as Alexsandr Orlov would say!
Old 03-03-2009, 19:09   #53
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsay ormerod View Post
Beg to differ there Jaysay, a question was posed and Graham stepped in with an answer, same as in the Twittering thread, AndrewB asked if Greg Pope had signed up for a twittering site and when Greg came on and said No not yet, Andrew had to agree that the twittering site wasn't his preferred tool of communication either!
2 simple straight forward answers, "simples" as Alexsandr Orlov would say!
wrong lindsay, its the torys that are simple, they can't grasp a straight answer.
Old 03-03-2009, 19:26   #54
Senior Member+

Guess neither Hynburn Council nor the PCT are capable of calling a Spade a Spade are they??

Best Regards - Taggy
Taggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 19:29   #55
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggy View Post
Guess neither Hynburn Council nor the PCT are capable of calling a Spade a Spade are they??

Best Regards - Taggy
Both would argue over what a spade was shaped like. Square peg round hole comes to mind.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 19:56   #56
Senior Member+

thats my drs as well cashy

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 20:03   #57

Not that place on corner of nuttall st and welligton st then ?? its been empty since new acorn and pals place opened up ????
ian
ian1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 20:59   #58
God Member

so either teh papers ar ewrong, Graham was wrong or we still don't know.

Mmm

papers, has anyone thought of challanging their info based on Grahams post?

Graham, I have no reason(or desire) to distrust you but we have to consider alternatives, could you have been mis informed????

don't know, this is the most scary, the fact that they still don't want us to know says they know its a real issue and ultimately a vote loser in whatever ward it lands........

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 21:14   #59
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by g jones View Post
it is 25% occupied and growing. However a deal is imminent with a new partner.
Is it PCT

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 21:18   #60
Senior Member+

Oh what a tangled web we weave....

I once saw a play about the life of Robert Maxwell, it was called "Lies Have Been Told"

.....dont know why that phrase just came to mind!!

Best Regards - Taggy
Taggy is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..