Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-03-2009, 15:21   #76
Senior Member+

Re: Secret location for drug and alcohol centre

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
thats like blaming england n germany fer world war 2.
Could not have put it any better Cashy.

When the Leader doesn't get his way he throws a wobbler. The Leader can make any story up but you are not allowed to criticise it or you're accused of falling out.
g jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 04-03-2009, 15:53   #77
God Member

One of my ex's behaved like that - a therapist advised me that it was
'Narcissistic Personality Disorder' - not 'certifiable' but dangerous

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 15:55   #78
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarePritchard View Post
How on earth did you guess that?????? LOL
Let say I kind of have a nose for these things Clare
Old 04-03-2009, 15:58   #79
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by g jones View Post
Could not have put it any better Cashy.

When the Leader doesn't get his way he throws a wobbler. The Leader can make any story up but you are not allowed to criticise it or you're accused of falling out.
Do you know Graham that's exactly how you portray yourself on here, I'm always right Jack and every body else is wrong
Old 04-03-2009, 16:01   #80
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
One of my ex's behaved like that - a therapist advised me that it was
'Narcissistic Personality Disorder' - not 'certifiable' but dangerous
Well as far as I'm concerned Cllr Jones founded Narcissists Are Us
Old 04-03-2009, 16:48   #81
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Do you know Graham that's exactly how you portray yourself on here, I'm always right Jack and every body else is wrong
Labour Councillors have a mind of their own. I don't think I would last 5 minutes if I behaved how you suggest, let alone get voted in unanimously.

You and Peter need to stop having an inferiority complex. Trust in others and stop running a dictatorship.
Old 04-03-2009, 16:56   #82
Senior Member+

This was the letter myself and Peter signed. Nothing has changed since then. I'll get the usual round of attacks for posting it!.

Old 05-03-2009, 11:05   #83
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by g jones View Post
Labour Councillors have a mind of their own. I don't think I would last 5 minutes if I behaved how you suggest, let alone get voted in unanimously.

You and Peter need to stop having an inferiority complex. Trust in others and stop running a dictatorship.
Inferiority complex, your out your tree. Labour councillors have a mind of their own, who are you trying to kid, ask George Slynn, he opposed the sale of LCCs homes for the elderly and was deselected after a lifetimes work for your party. I can also remember back in the eighties when I went to a full council meeting and a Labour councillor was agreeing with an opposition amendment, but when it came to the vote he voted with Labour. Some minutes later I was in the gents when this same councillor came in and was talking to PB, who was asking hm why he'd voted the way he had, his answer was priceless, I had no option, we are told how we have to vote, end of.
Old 05-03-2009, 12:57   #84
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Inferiority complex, your out your tree. Labour councillors have a mind of their own, who are you trying to kid, ask George Slynn, he opposed the sale of LCCs homes for the elderly and was deselected after a lifetimes work for your party. I can also remember back in the eighties when I went to a full council meeting and a Labour councillor was agreeing with an opposition amendment, but when it came to the vote he voted with Labour. Some minutes later I was in the gents when this same councillor came in and was talking to PB, who was asking hm why he'd voted the way he had, his answer was priceless, I had no option, we are told how we have to vote, end of.
You make me laugh John! It is much worse than that within the Hyndburn Conservatives.

Under Labour their will be a 'devolution revolution'. The Borough's got talent but The Council just wants to stifle people and keep them down.
Old 05-03-2009, 13:31   #85
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

well if that was me, after reading the observer last week n now reading that e-mail, i would trot down to the paper with it, ask em to correct the story they ran with n ask the residents via the paper, "Why Are The Public Being Misled" of coarse thats only me. the press can be a great weapon, the leader uses it to great advantage, perhaps labour miss the boat in that area?

Last edited by cashman; 05-03-2009 at 13:37. Reason: addition.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 14:04   #86

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
well if that was me, after reading the observer last week n now reading that e-mail, i would trot down to the paper with it, ask em to correct the story they ran with n ask the residents via the paper, "Why Are The Public Being Misled" of coarse thats only me. the press can be a great weapon, the leader uses it to great advantage, perhaps labour miss the boat in that area?
I agree entirely with you that the press can be a great weapon, but only if they print the information that you give them.
claytonender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 14:13   #87
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by claytonender View Post
I agree entirely with you that the press can be a great weapon, but only if they print the information that you give them.
well aware of that claytonender, but the e-mail looks like a splendid bullet to me.
Old 05-03-2009, 14:34   #88
Give, give, give member

'Hyndburn Council leader Peter Britcliffe said: “The NHS should come clean and just tell people what they are planning. Everyone in the borough will be nervous that the centre will be built near them.'

Location secret of new drugs and alcohol centre in Accrington (From Lancashire Telegraph)

It does all seem rather odd.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 14:53   #89
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
'Hyndburn Council leader Peter Britcliffe said: “The NHS should come clean and just tell people what they are planning. Everyone in the borough will be nervous that the centre will be built near them.'

Location secret of new drugs and alcohol centre in Accrington (From Lancashire Telegraph)

It does all seem rather odd.
thats exactly why i would take that e-mail to the press.
Old 05-03-2009, 16:07   #90
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by claytonender View Post
Claytonender, that's a little naive to say the least, the press are the press and they will print what they want, as I've said many a time why let the truth get in the way of good storey, the main point of any story can be altered by changing, adding or omitting one word and has been to great effect on many occasions

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..