Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-03-2009, 08:38   #121
God Member

Re: Secret location for drug and alcohol centre

Quote:
Originally Posted by g jones View Post
It was devolution in a way because Local District Councillors were in control of services in Hyndburn. That element was important to County but clearly HBC could not be allowed to run the contract. So middle management and blue collar workers were transferred as the contract was ended. In effect sacking the senior management and councillors at HBC.

'Hyndburn Local' was then set up, a public forum and decision making committee maade up of the 6 Hyndburn County Councillors to fulfill the devolution/local decision making. 6 District Councillors were invited but the Tories refuse to go or send anyone. Childishly too, The Tories stopped 'Hyndburn Local' hosting any meetings in Hyndburn Council buildings.
This reads like a sort of red tape cutting exercise but the lack of suport and help from certain areas of influence are killing that. Or maybe its a case of spitting the dummy. Anything that is suposed to help the area needs to be embraced by all because if not it will fail in the long run.

Who has the better understanding of an Area's needs County Council or Local Council? If the tit for tat infighting doesnt stop all will lose n dosnt matter who did what it will be all to blame.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 08-03-2009, 08:50   #122
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
It was devolution in a way because Local District Councillors were in control of services in Hyndburn. That element was important to County but clearly HBC could not be allowed to run the contract. So middle management and blue collar workers were transferred as the contract was ended. In effect sacking the senior management and councillors at HBC.

'Hyndburn Local' was then set up, a public forum and decision making committee maade up of the 6 Hyndburn County Councillors to fulfill the devolution/local decision making. 6 District Councillors were invited but the Tories refuse to go or send anyone. Childishly too, The Tories stopped 'Hyndburn Local' hosting any meetings in Hyndburn Council buildings.
Sounds very interesting that Graham, probably deserves its own thread as I went a touch off topic asking about it in this one.
Old 08-03-2009, 09:44   #123
Senior Member+

Anyone recall the title of this thread??

Best Regards - Taggy
Taggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 10:18   #124
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggy View Post
Anyone recall the title of this thread??

Best Regards - Taggy
Not sure n without mi specs cant read it either.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 13:07   #125
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caz View Post
Location secret of new drugs and alcohol centre in Accrington (From Lancashire Telegraph)

So anybody any ideas where it might be going?

Or any guesses?
I know where it is going as I had a letter about it this morning. It is going in the NHS building on the corner of Eagle Street/ Paradise Street.
Old 16-06-2009, 07:16   #126
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
I know where it is going as I had a letter about it this morning. It is going in the NHS building on the corner of Eagle Street/ Paradise Street.
That was where back in February? myself and The Leader of the Council were informed of. I think I posted it earlier in the thread? (Hope I did anyway).

Why he chose later to criticise the PCT in a misinformed LT article which wrongly stated the Pals Health Centre I do not know other than headlines.
g jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2009, 07:28   #127
God Member

Quote:
That was where back in February? myself and The Leader of the Council were informed of. I think I posted it earlier in the thread? (Hope I did anyway).

Why he chose later to criticise the PCT in a misinformed LT article which wrongly stated the Pals Health Centre I do not know other than headlines.
Maybe it is being put there because there are very few residents in the area. I have no objections to it, it is a very much needed service but fear my neighbour might kick up a stink.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..