Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

View Poll Results: Shoot the scum
Yes we should 41 82.00%
No we shouldn't 9 18.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2011, 20:02   #76

Re: Shoot looters/rioters/arsonists on sight

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
If the government aren't going to send the troops in, the only other solution is to broadcast Jeremy Kyle programmes on a loop, 24/7.

Since tiny teen gangstas rarely leave the house until they've watched this programme, this is the only other way to end this intolerable situation.
Nice one, think I'll be chuckling for a while at this one !
wallop79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 09-08-2011, 20:22   #77
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallop79 View Post
David Cameron: "I am granting the Metropolitan Police emergency powers to use water cannons, rubber bullets and tear gas to take back control of our streets from these poisoning parasites biting the hand that feeds them. In addition I am deploying the British Army as a visible presence to provide the authority that is so very lacking.". ....Carlsberg don't do Prime Ministers but if they did it would be the best prime minister ever
The ironic thing is, if he DID say something like that, the Con/Dems would see their poll ratings go shooting skyhigh, cuts or no cuts!
Old 09-08-2011, 20:41   #78
God Member

For those of you who are saying 'bring in the army', I would like you to realise that doing that is invoking an existing act of parliament

Civil Contingencies Act 2004

It sounds like a solution until you see the strings attached -

(b)provide for or enable the requisition or confiscation of property (with or without compensation);
(c)provide for or enable the destruction of property, animal life or plant life (with or without compensation);
(d)prohibit, or enable the prohibition of, movement to or from a specified place;
(e)require, or enable the requirement of, movement to or from a specified place;
(f)prohibit, or enable the prohibition of, assemblies of specified kinds, at specified places or at specified times;
(g)prohibit, or enable the prohibition of, travel at specified times;
(h)prohibit, or enable the prohibition of, other specified activities;
(i)create an offence of—
(i)failing to comply with a provision of the regulations;
(ii)failing to comply with a direction or order given or made under the regulations;
(iii)obstructing a person in the performance of a function under or by virtue of the regulations;
(l)enable the Defence Council to authorise the deployment of Her Majesty’s armed forces;
(m)make provision (which may include conferring powers in relation to property) for facilitating any deployment of Her Majesty’s armed forces;
(n)confer jurisdiction on a court or tribunal (which may include a tribunal established by the regulations);

That sounds too much like Martial Law to me

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 20:57   #79
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
For those of you who are saying 'bring in the army', I would like you to realise that doing that is invoking an existing act of parliament

Civil Contingencies Act 2004

It sounds like a solution until you see the strings attached -

(b)provide for or enable the requisition or confiscation of property (with or without compensation);
(c)provide for or enable the destruction of property, animal life or plant life (with or without compensation);
(d)prohibit, or enable the prohibition of, movement to or from a specified place;
(e)require, or enable the requirement of, movement to or from a specified place;
(f)prohibit, or enable the prohibition of, assemblies of specified kinds, at specified places or at specified times;
(g)prohibit, or enable the prohibition of, travel at specified times;
(h)prohibit, or enable the prohibition of, other specified activities;
(i)create an offence of—
(i)failing to comply with a provision of the regulations;
(ii)failing to comply with a direction or order given or made under the regulations;
(iii)obstructing a person in the performance of a function under or by virtue of the regulations;
(l)enable the Defence Council to authorise the deployment of Her Majesty’s armed forces;
(m)make provision (which may include conferring powers in relation to property) for facilitating any deployment of Her Majesty’s armed forces;
(n)confer jurisdiction on a court or tribunal (which may include a tribunal established by the regulations);

That sounds too much like Martial Law to me
Quite frankly I'd rather live under martial law at the moment, than be mob ruled by feral scum.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 21:07   #80
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Quite frankly I'd rather live under martial law at the moment, than be mob ruled by feral scum.
Did you not see the film or read the book 1984?
Would you really tolerate a life like that, just because police are too timid.

martial law legal definition of martial law. martial law synonyms by the Free Online Law Dictionary.

Certain civil liberties may be suspended, such as the right to be free from unreasonable searches and seizures, freedom of association, and freedom of movement. And the writ of Habeas Corpus may be suspended (this writ allows persons who are unlawfully imprisoned to gain freedom through a court proceeding).

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 21:14   #81
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
Did you not see the film or read the book 1984?
Would you really tolerate a life like that, just because police are too timid.

martial law legal definition of martial law. martial law synonyms by the Free Online Law Dictionary.

Certain civil liberties may be suspended, such as the right to be free from unreasonable searches and seizures, freedom of association, and freedom of movement. And the writ of Habeas Corpus may be suspended (this writ allows persons who are unlawfully imprisoned to gain freedom through a court proceeding).
I tend not to bother posting things I don't mean.

If martial law needed to be temporarily invoked, in order for the troops to get the scum off the streets, so be it.

I'd rather that, than be ruled by gangs of teenage criminals, hell bent on causing terror, and destruction.

Yes, I have read 1984.

Enjoyable fiction.

Old 09-08-2011, 21:36   #82
God Member

the thing is once they are off the streets how are we going to change their mindset, they are not going to go away in fact their population are growing how can we teach them right from wrong .how are we going to stop this in the future when these people say they have no future why have we reached this point. questions need to be asked and answered.
Old 09-08-2011, 21:40   #83
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
the thing is once they are off the streets how are we going to change their mindset, they are not going to go away in fact their population are growing how can we teach them right from wrong .how are we going to stop this in the future when these people say they have no future why have we reached this point. questions need to be asked and answered.
heres yer answer get the army in n shoot all looters n arsonists. n we have reached this point cos of all the human rights ******* n bleading heart liberals.
Old 09-08-2011, 21:46   #84
Beacon of light

It isn't our job to teach them right from wrong......that is what god gave you parents for.
Start young and you have them for life.

They have no future because many of them skipped school, didn't bother to learn to read and write properly because they knew someone(the government, taxpayers) would make sure they wanted for nothing...except self esteem.
Their whole culture/mindset is wrong from the outset....they see no-one in employment, they believe that the only things worthwhile are the material things. Nice shades, branded footwear, designer trackies, smartphones...they spend their time playing video games...and believe that real life is like that...you shoot someone and hey...you get another life. Not like that in real life is it????
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 21:48   #85

Actually we just need Gazza to turn up with some chicken
spignific is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 21:51   #86
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spignific View Post
Actually we just need Gazza to turn up with some chicken
he can't hes online n in scotland.
Old 09-08-2011, 22:00   #87
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallop79 View Post
David Cameron: "I am granting the Metropolitan Police emergency powers to use water cannons, rubber bullets and tear gas to take back control of our streets from these poisoning parasites biting the hand that feeds them. In addition I am deploying the British Army as a visible presence to provide the authority that is so very lacking.". ....Carlsberg don't do Prime Ministers but if they did it would be the best prime minister ever

I read this and for just a few seconds my heart lifted......I thought...Hooray, the man has grown a pair while he was in Tuscany...then I saw the last line(sigh).......and felt silly for even thinking that the PM had at last been galvanized into positive forceful action.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 22:07   #88
Super Moderator

Quote:
So now you've stopped getting all excited over each successive outbreak of violence, you've turned to third rate sociology to excuse the thieves and thugs who have been on the rampage.

The police should go in hard to quell the immediate danger, break a few heads if necessary, and arrest as many as possible. Then they should receive long sentences, served in spartan conditions with hard labour.

But don't worry, C'mon, the weak inadequates who dominate our political system are on your side and will doubtless be trotting out the usual "questions need to be asked" line. The only question that needs to be asked is why are we so soft on these scum?
Old 09-08-2011, 22:11   #89
Give, give, give member

Quote:
how are we going to change their mindset,
Many find the work or starve dilema fairly inspiring.

Old 09-08-2011, 22:13   #90
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
So now you've stopped getting all excited over each successive outbreak of violence, you've turned to third rate sociology to excuse the thieves and thugs who have been on the rampage.

The police should go in hard to quell the immediate danger, break a few heads if necessary, and arrest as many as possible. Then they should receive long sentences, served in spartan conditions with hard labour.

But don't worry, C'mon, the weak inadequates who dominate our political system are on your side and will doubtless be trotting out the usual "questions need to be asked" line. The only question that needs to be asked is why are we so soft on these scum?
the answer is people like C'mon.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..