Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

View Poll Results: Shoot the scum
Yes we should 41 82.00%
No we shouldn't 9 18.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-08-2011, 17:32   #181
Full Member+

Re: Shoot looters/rioters/arsonists on sight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
No.. this is not about some sort total shift from left or right nothing to do with whatever humam rights in any nation .. it's about a policey of attempting to create employment in your own nation.. call it protectionism or whatever.. I'm saying the government in this country have only one agenda and that is cuts..it's all to focused on sacking people.. there is no plan to even attempt to create employment and Osbourne has said it.
Fair point, Mancie. But where can we start with job creating? Successive administrations have destroyed the railways, textiles, engineering and mining for starters. Now they are intent on dessimating the military and the police. More than half our utilities are foreign owned and the country is vastly over-populated. This leaves us with a glut of service-based industries for which not everyone is cut out. I despair for the decent kids of this country who are deserving of much better than that which is currently on offer. Our future depends on them, so let's get behind them and come up with some answers before it's too late.

Last edited by Stumped; 14-08-2011 at 17:36.
Stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 14-08-2011, 17:53   #182
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumped View Post
Fair point, Mancie. But where can we start with job creating? Successive administrations have destroyed the railways, textiles, engineering and mining for starters. Now they are intent on decimating the military and the police. More than half our utilities are foreign owned and the country is vastly over-populated. This leaves us with a glut of service-based industries for which not everyone is cut out. I despair for the decent kids of this country who are deserving of much better than that which is currently on offer. Our future depends on them, so let's get behind them and come up with some answers before it's too late.
A lot of what you say is quite true Stumped, but what happened when we had thriving Car Industry and Ship Building industry, back in the sixties what happened, they were on strike at the behest of their communist Union Leaders, and when the customer couldn't get the product what did they do, they stuck two fingers up to Britain and invested in other countries, its go good continually blaming governments
Old 14-08-2011, 17:57   #183
God Member

Job creation should be the major focus of any western govt. right now. A consumer economy is based on people having the cash to buy stuff. A well-paid working class is essential. Not everyone is cut out for the white collar route. And someone who earns his money flipping burgers at Rotten Ronnie's is not going to be much of a consumer. Traditionally conservative economic thinking is based on a model which sees tax cuts and other economic concessions to the private sector that will lead to companies expanding and creating jobs. Bs. The reality is that nominally British corporations, and the Americans too, especially the Americans, ship jobs overseas to take advantage of low wages, low taxes, and, unfortunately for the poor sods in the factories, horrendous working conditions ... Nike anyone Anyone found a call center lately that isn't in India. Yet the tories continue to wave the banner of cuts (that was a stupid image; what the hell, I'll leave it in) ... eventually Cameron will stand on the steps of No. 10 and announce that folks will have to be responsible for their own policing; however, ammunition will be tax-deductible. Oh, and he will suggest that people stock up on fire extinguishers, and he will announce a government initiative to inform everyone of web sites which will help people when they have to give themselves an apendectomy, or a lung transplant. Oh ... and he won't cut corporate taxes anymore; they are already at zero.

Come to think of it that sounds like a platform for the Tea Party, or the Wild Rose Party.

Has it occured to anyone that the Germans are so economically strong because, in Germany, they still make stuff.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2011, 18:05   #184
God Member

Wildrose Party of Alberta - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Sorry about that folks .... you're such a nice bunch of guys that I forgot for a moment you aren't Canadian So, that's the Wild Rose Party; our own scaled-down version of the Tea Party.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2011, 18:08   #185
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
A lot of what you say is quite true Stumped, but what happened when we had thriving Car Industry and Ship Building industry, back in the sixties what happened, they were on strike at the behest of their communist Union Leaders, and when the customer couldn't get the product what did they do, they stuck two fingers up to Britain and invested in other countries, its go good continually blaming governments
Tell me about it. Just proves that no matter who is in power, there will always be those intent upon wrecking the status-quo.
Old 14-08-2011, 18:12   #186
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumped View Post
Tell me about it. Just proves that no matter who is in power, there will always be those intent upon wrecking the status-quo.
Ya wasn't it big hearted arfur who tried to bring down the government in 1983 and failed, the only person to come out of that fiasco with anything was the man himself, which has been well documented on here before
Old 14-08-2011, 18:16   #187
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Ya wasn't it big hearted arfur who tried to bring down the government in 1983 and failed, the only person to come out of that fiasco with anything was the man himself, which has been well documented on here before
I blame Wat Tyler.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2011, 18:19   #188
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
I blame Wat Tyler.
Wat
Old 14-08-2011, 22:06   #189
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
At post #78 I showed you an extract from the Civil Contingencies Act 2004.
We now know that Davey boy wanted to bring in the Army and only the opposition of the acting police commissioner stopped him.

That was a close shave.
We were very near to having Martial Law declared.

Before you shout any more 'bring in the army' you really ought to consider how Martial Law will affect YOU
Perhaps we wouldn' be allowed to express our thoughts/witicisms on Accyweb any more ...................shame, i would miss you all...............
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2011, 10:26   #190
Senior Member+

No mercy should be shown to the rioters, the arsonists the looters. Throw the book at them, send them to jail, and chuck away the key.

One thing occurs to me. How many of the looters did it because they could? Law and Order had broken down, and there was nobody there to stop them. They nipped into the shop and took a plasma tv away.

Now explain to me why that makes them different from an MP who claimed for duck islands, paid off mortgages or second homes that didn't exist? The system had broken down so they nipped in and looted the expenses pot.

That's what makes what they did so deplorable, yet some of the culprits are still in Parliament condemning the looters. They set the standards that others have followed.

Last edited by gynn; 15-08-2011 at 10:28.
gynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2011, 10:45   #191
Give, give, give member

I agree to a point.

Although the greed of a majority of M.P.'s created real anger, they didn't terrorise people, or cause injury and death.

I think all the recent rioters and looters did it because collectively they have no respect, and there's no fear of what punishment may arise if they're caught.

Like the politicans it comes down to greed, and they thought they'd get away with it.

Old 15-08-2011, 18:06   #192
Full Member+

We are now in the hands of the namby-pamby magistrates and judges who are can always be relied upon to give the benefit of the doubt- no matter what the offence. News bulletins have already shown offenders released on bail whose response was to laugh and stick up two fingers at the rest of us. So much for coming down hard on the rioters!
Old 15-08-2011, 21:39   #193

Just a theoretical thought If their benifits are stoped and they are thrown out of their homes perhaps they will become t1nkers and move to Hyndburn.......
Alan Varrechia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2011, 22:34   #194
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Varrechia View Post
Just a theoretical thought If their benifits are stoped and they are thrown out of their homes perhaps they will become t1nkers and move to Hyndburn.......
Well thanks to the welcoming number of pitches provided by the council, compared to every other borough in the country, we did score highly as a choice destination in the Tinkers' Easy Pickings guidebook.

Old 15-08-2011, 22:43   #195
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

they will
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Varrechia View Post
thing is if they chuck em outa their homes, they aint gonna disappear, they will have to re-house em somewhere? does that just move the problem of these louts somewhere else? looks that way to me, Cameron just seems to be saying what many want to hear, he has "NO Idea" n aint fit to be leading any party.IMHO.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..