Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

View Poll Results: Should Graham Jones resign?
Yes 4 10.53%
No 34 89.47%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-05-2008, 18:34   #61
Give, give, give member

Re: Should Graham Jones resign?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Oh come Rindi a bit kettle calling the pan there mate, personally I'd rather not attack anybody its not really my nature I'd sooner just have a laugh and a bit of fun, you see life's to short, or its begning to feel that way
Oh, I forgot, besides it being alright for you to attack other members, but not for them to do the same, as you pointed out in the local press this forum is full of 'vile' attacks against Peter Britcliffe.

You never did get back, when asked to provide proof of your claims, for us all to judge for ourselves on that one.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 02-05-2008, 20:29   #62
God Member

Re: Should Graham Jones resign? 'labour group leader'

All turnouts were low, there is a lot of apathy round these parts but 26% was an abysmal turnout in Peel ward. The lowest of the lot in fact.

I don't know why this was.

Reading these posts it appears that he is very well thought of in Peel so why did all those who think Graham Jones is such a wonderful asset not go and vote for him?

I don't think he should resign. What's there to resign over? I'm just wondering why so few voted in Peel. It stood out a very low turnout even by today's standards.
Old 03-05-2008, 07:44   #63
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly View Post

Reading these posts it appears that he is very well thought of in Peel so why did all those who think Graham Jones is such a wonderful asset not go and vote for him?

Me and Sparks did go and vote for him. I think that the reason there were not more voters in Peel is largely due to the amount of chavs who couldn't give a toss around here. The same chavs are the reason why we have had problems, the very problems that Graham is trying to resolve.

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 08:43   #64
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lettie View Post
Me and Sparks did go and vote for him. I think that the reason there were not more voters in Peel is largely due to the amount of chavs who couldn't give a toss around here. The same chavs are the reason why we have had problems, the very problems that Graham is trying to resolve.
You can't blame chavs for all of life's problems when most of their problems are caused by politicians in the first place. Labour have done absolutely nothing to remedy the poverty in Britain, so if you would've expected them to vote for graham jones anyway then people need a reality check.

That isn't just aimed at you lettie, just a response to what you are saying.

And just to add on to that, I am not saying the Conservative Party would do a better job, hence why many people haven't bothered voting at all.
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 09:44   #65
God Member

It's about more than poverty though, much more, but lets not get into that here.
Old 03-05-2008, 09:51   #66
Super Moderator

Quite right, Blazey, people condemn these poor, misunderstood youths far too quickly, without realising the misery of their poverty-stricken lives. Why some of them can't even afford an ipod or a second pair of nike trainers. Go hood a hoodie, I say!
Old 03-05-2008, 09:54   #67
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Quite right, Blazey, people condemn these poor, misunderstood youths far too quickly, without realising the misery of their poverty-stricken lives. Why some of them can't even afford an ipod or a second pair of nike trainers. Go hood a hoodie, I say!
It's even more disgraceful how the government stops them going to work and makes them live on benefits. No wonder they are living in poverty.
Old 03-05-2008, 10:05   #68
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Oh, I forgot, besides it being alright for you to attack other members, but not for them to do the same, as you pointed out in the local press this forum is full of 'vile' attacks against Peter Britcliffe.

You never did get back, when asked to provide proof of your claims, for us all to judge for ourselves on that one.
If you remember I was having a little trouble with my account on here at the time, but all you have to do is have a look at the thread Britcliffe weekly or monthly whatever it is, the name of the thread is enough for me, as well as your pet nick name for him. When you take into conciderasion that PB has been a councillor for 25 years has never had a majority less than a hundred on a straight or 3 way fight, then he is doing something right for the people who elect him. Okay there will always be people who dont like Peter, most for political reasons. The person hasn't been born who is liked by everybody and for that matter never will be.
Old 03-05-2008, 10:26   #69
Give, give, give member

Quote:
If you remember I was having a little trouble with my account on here at the time, but all you have to do is have a look at the thread Britcliffe weekly or monthly whatever it is, the name of the thread is enough for me, as well as your pet nick name for him. When you take into conciderasion that PB has been a councillor for 25 years has never had a majority less than a hundred on a straight or 3 way fight, then he is doing something right for the people who elect him. Okay there will always be people who dont like Peter, most for political reasons. The person hasn't been born who is liked by everybody and for that matter never will be.
Eventually. Two years late, but nevermind.

So you think this thread was a 'vile attack' on Britcliffe?

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...hly-18823.html

vile (vl)
adj. vil·er, vil·est 1. Loathsome; disgusting: vile language.
2. Unpleasant or objectionable: vile weather. See Synonyms at offensive.
3. a. Contemptibly low in worth or account; second-rate.
b. Of mean or low condition.

4. Miserably poor and degrading; wretched: a vile existence.
5. Morally depraved; ignoble or wicked: a vile conspiracy

Whether it is or isn't is open to debate, although it was nominated for an Accy Web Oscar, and didn't it result in him being investigated for using his office for electioneering purposes, charges that were later found to be untrue?

Old 03-05-2008, 10:32   #70
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

whatever he is, n i am certainly not a fan, he had the good grace to wish his "Council Wife" Jean Battle well after many years of opposition, n as she is a lifelong friend,that sits very well with cashy, Brownie Points to Britcliffe.
Old 03-05-2008, 10:33   #71
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Okay there will always be people who dont like Peter, most for political reasons.
Although I've criticised some, not all, of his policies on this forum, I've also said that people who I know that also know Peter Britcliffe like him. I've also posted on here that he was loved by his pupils when he was teaching, and I've rebuked people that posted untrue things about his family.

Hardly vile, and as you yourself have said many times, if you can't stand the heat perhaps it's time to get out of the political kitchen.

Old 03-05-2008, 10:36   #72
God Member

I like to turn the heat up to 6 when I'm in the pan.
Old 03-05-2008, 10:48   #73
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Although I've criticised some, not all, of his policies on this forum, I've also said that people who I know that also know Peter Britcliffe like him. I've also posted on here that he was loved by his pupils when he was teaching, and I've rebuked people that posted untrue things about his family.

Hardly vile, and as you yourself have said many times, if you can't stand the heat perhaps it's time to get out of the political kitchen.
I can stand the heat Rindi, but I won't be going back in to the kitchen any time soon that is unless somebody tempts me that is
Old 03-05-2008, 10:54   #74
Give, give, give member

Quote:
I can stand the heat Rindi, but I won't be going back in to the kitchen any time soon that is unless somebody tempts me that is
I didn't mean you, I meant Peter Britcliffe.

That delicate flower, who apparently needs defending from vile attacks.

I admire anyone who stands for public office, but if they put themselves out there, they should be able to stand on their own to feet when it comes to criticism.

Old 03-05-2008, 10:55   #75
God Member

I think Britcliffe can stand on his own two feet when criticised. Only have to read the council minutes for that one!

Last edited by andrewb; 03-05-2008 at 10:59.
andrewb is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..