Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-12-2008, 08:10   #16
God Member

Re: Snowball Incident

something similar happened to me and Richard coming up Whalley road in Clayton a few weeks back, we had just come through the lights at the Greyhound and two little kids where stood at the bottom of Whinney Hill throwing stones at the cars, i told Richard to stop the car, then i got out...the little kids ran away so fast, they could have caused numerous accidents, we noticed they where doing the same earlier on in the day when we drove down Whalley Road

Last edited by Mick; 06-12-2008 at 08:28.
flashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 06-12-2008, 08:34   #17
K-P

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
something similar happened to me and Richard coming up Whalley road in Clayton a few weeks back, we had just come through the lights at the Greyhound and two little kids where stood at the bottom of Whinney Hill throwing stones at the cars, i told Richard to stop the car, then i got out...the little kids ran away so fast, they could have caused numerous accidents, we noticed they where doing the same earlier on in the day when we drove down Whalley Road

I had a plant thrown at mine on blackburn rd...one taken from the councils big plant pot in middle of footpath... stopped car in middle of rd holding up the traffic...but like all kids throwing things.. they ran off.. I dont know what my intention was at the time.. deffo wasnt to grab the kid and put in car..

Seems unnatural that a kid throwing anyhting wouldnt run off to be honest.

I dont advocate letting them get away with it.. just dont touch them ...
Old 06-12-2008, 09:11   #18
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
If this lass got an a* in English, will agree that GSCE's are a fix :-

rishtowner, rishton says...
9:00pm Fri 5 Dec 08
**** you all if your that bothered chek the cctv cameras we would see wht happened den get a life ! have you got nout beta 2 do on friday nite than comment on storys on the internet you can say **** bout ppl online is that ment to make you hard danny is my little brother he is 12 and has never been in trouble his life except from now when he has had a youth refferal of the police for supposedly throwing a " snowball " for a start he was having problems with his asthma at the time when some boys who he was with were throwing snowballs round who nows if it was thrown on purpose but danny ws tking his inhaler and wlking home when the boys ran and the man jumped out the car and grabbed hold of him by his neck drgging him along the ice ANd throwing him into his car there is no prooof it ws my brother danny if he ws a real yob he would hve atlest kicked off but he didnt is this the type of world we live in were any strnger cn assult a child and tke them in there car against there own will with no proof they have done anything wrong !? nd yes i can speel but sumtimes it is easier not 2 . as a matter of fact i hve n a * in english gcse but sumtyms spelling isnt importnt as i dont cre wht you low lifes think of me i only mde this account so i could comment and stick up 4 my brother i no he is innocent and if anyone is bithered enough why dont the police check the cmers as tht will tell who the real criniml is and whoever said danny is going off the rails how hve you got the right to say that the only thing you know bout him is tht he has been accused off throwing a snowball if tht is going off the rils then i dont know wht else 2 say 2 u it wil be wsting my tym as i am not tht sad 2 argue online with ppl i dont know about something i know nothing bout
Well what can you say to that excuse for English, Shows how thick she is if she writes stuff like that on a newspapers web site, to me its just a load of snowballs
Old 06-12-2008, 10:07   #19
Senior Member+

You've got to be quite intelligent to translate that garbage! Made my Brain hurt reading it!!

Best Regards - Taggy
Taggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 10:20   #20
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Yes kids throwing snowballs is annoying, but who in their yoof wasn't guilty?

I remember back in the good old days myself and the street urchins I used to hang around with became jolly good at knocking the toff's top hats off and how we laughed if we managed to score a hit on a ladies bustle!

If I had been witness to somebody dragging a child into a car however, I think I would have been on the old mobile ringing the police and giving the car registration, after all these days we just can't be sure what is going on.....
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 12:17   #21
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Well what can you say to that excuse for English, Shows how thick she is if she writes stuff like that on a newspapers web site, to me its just a load of snowballs
She will probably fly through the 'a' level english exam, given that fine example of english literature, and then on to university for a degree, the next shakespeare? methinks not!
Old 06-12-2008, 13:35   #22
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

funnily enough a few days ago was driving out of Tottington, when a great lump of ice thrown by 1 of 2 lads hit me side window very hard, was down the hill by checcos,or carmelos ferget name i stopped the car, jumped out n the lads set off running back up the hill, the one who through it, slipped n fell head first into a big black slushy mound at roadside, so cashy just burst out laughing n returned to me car a very happy bunny. Poetic Justice i call it.
Old 06-12-2008, 13:59   #23
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekgas View Post
She will probably fly through the 'a' level english exam, given that fine example of english literature, and then on to university for a degree, the next shakespeare? methinks not!
Now I know what Tony Blair meant when he said is three main concerns were Education, Education, Education
Old 06-12-2008, 14:01   #24
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
funnily enough a few days ago was driving out of Tottington, when a great lump of ice thrown by 1 of 2 lads hit me side window very hard, was down the hill by checcos,or carmelos ferget name i stopped the car, jumped out n the lads set off running back up the hill, the one who through it, slipped n fell head first into a big black slushy mound at roadside, so cashy just burst out laughing n returned to me car a very happy bunny. Poetic Justice i call it.
Didn't somebody once say I just love it when a plan comes together
Old 06-12-2008, 16:06   #25
God Member

its even more anoying when the little darlings put stones in the middle of the snow ball

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 17:29   #26
Resting in Peace

Think this post by the sister was absolutely atrocious .. threatening violence ..

rishtowner, rishton says...
5:06pm Fri 5 Dec 08

i cant wait till mine and dannys dads out of prison new yer day he will sort tht Google Page Ranking*** out if the police rnt

The sister has not done her family any favours here, however, nothing to do with the incident really.

I agree that the victim should not have bundled the lad in the car, but you can't help but having the thought of "Good on ya'". Advice was to restrain him until the police got there .. hummph .. that could have caused more trouble if he had so much as bruised the lad.

Also, the Grandfather is just playing on this and making excuses for him, no mention that he has pulled him in line for what he and his mates did. Well, we don't know really, but a statement to this effect would have been useful. He missed an opportunity to tell the young public how wrong it was.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 17:38   #27
Caz
God Member

Mentioned about that comment in the first post, Katex. Whatever their educational standards are, the fact that their father is in prison, or the fact that this lad just might be the culprit...doesn't make what the guy did right. That's the main issue I think. Would like to see what some people who agreed with him would do if it was their lad in the same position.

Like KP says, you don't touch kids, and you certainly don't bundle them in cars.

And as Less says, who never threw a snowball as a kid?

I am not young enough to know everything.
- Oscar Wilde
Caz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 17:45   #28
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caz View Post
And as Less says, who never threw a snowball as a kid?
Quite so - but we threw them at each other.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 17:50   #29
Caz
God Member

Some did.....

This has gone on for eons, it's not a new thing is it?

I am not young enough to know everything.
- Oscar Wilde
Caz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 17:52   #30
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caz View Post
Mentioned about that comment in the first post, Katex.
Whoops Caz .. apologies, so you did.

Trouble is she is turning the public against this lad with her venomous inane comments (and now the friend ).

Yes, we have all thrown snowballs in our time, but only at our mates ... wouldn't have dared try to hit a moving vehicle when I was young .. probably because they could get out and clip yer ear. To me, just as bad as dropping a brick from a motorway bridge onto the carriageway.

Last edited by katex; 06-12-2008 at 17:54.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..